Canada's #1

Oh. My. God. I've explained to you why Canada isn't "more" important than other nations. You just refuse to accept it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And one more - :lol: - simply because there aren't enough :lol: 's in the world.

It's your opinion that it is - it's not the U.S.'s opinion.

You are making odd comments here and for some reason are in complete denial of reality while trying to maintain some kind of unwinnable argument.

Geography and resources,trade,commerce,defence,etc,etc make Canada and the US very co-dependant.This is not unusual and aswell is very efficient and benificial for both parties.A win-win situation if you will.

But you and smallc are for some reason arguing like little kids?Very odd?

WWWTT

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

You are making odd comments here and for some reason are in complete denial of reality while trying to maintain some kind of unwinnable argument.

I'm very aware of the reality of the situation - and my "argument" is the way it is. I'm not the one who is in denial. There are several interests that are important to the U.S. and Canada is not at the top of the list for all of them. I repeat - no country is more important, but there are countries that are just as important.

Geography and resources,trade,commerce,defence,etc,etc make Canada and the US very co-dependant.This is not unusual and aswell is very efficient and benificial for both parties.A win-win situation if you will.

You do realize you're not saying anything here that I haven't said/agreed to, right? Yet the truth of that statement doesn't make Canada MOST important, MORE important than any other country. Again. Other interests/factors are just as important. If you can't understand that, that's your problem - but it doesn't change the reality.

But you and smallc are for some reason arguing like little kids?Very odd?

I refuted what smallc said, and then eventually responded accordingly as he insisted he was right - and then he picked up his ball and said he wasn't playing any more. So you want to know what I find "very odd?" The fact that he's the one who keeps bringing this up - and he's the one accusing me of needing to feel important as he needs to believe Canada is "most important" - and he's the one saying I'm on ignore again - and he's the one who thinks anyone who doesn't see things his way is "ridiculous" - yet you've addressed this to me. Actually, on second thought,I don't find it odd at all..... <_<

Once again. Canada is "most" important in some respects while other nations are most important in other respects. All are just as important; none hold the title of being "most important" - expect in some of your minds; it's a judgment you, as non-Americans, have made in regards to what's most important to the U.S. - and then you whine and insult us because we don't either agree with you or quietly, silently let you have your say.

Very odd indeed.

Edited by American Woman

As we have already discussed, no single nation is "most important" to the USA. The United States is far more important to Canada. Just because Canada has chosen to be so integrated does not preclude the US from being more diversified. I think it is better for Canada to seek far more international diversification instead of relying on something that may not exist. These are nation states, not neighbours.

Your starting to lose it buddy.

WWWTT

Here's my prediction...you will whine some more about this smiley => :)

Nope,got those smiley faces disabled.But nice try.

Aswell you know that you are proving me right by replying to this specific comment don't you?

WWWTT

Edited by WWWTT

Once again. Canada is "most" important in some respects while other nations are most important in other respects. All are just as important; none hold the title of being "most important" - expect in some of your minds; it's a judgment you, as non-Americans, have made in regards to what's most important to the U.S. - and then you whine and insult us because we don't either agree with you or quietly, silently let you have your say.

Actually I believe if you were to catergorize what things are more important then others,then Canada would be the most important country to the US and vise versa.

However a diverse economy is healthy so more trading partners are essential but that still does not change the core facts.

And then you ramble about me whineing and insulting the US because the US does not agree with me or Canada or something I don't know?

WWWTT

No kidding. It's absolutely nonsensical.

Yes but it will not end.

When American Woman and Bush_Cheney sign in again they are coming staight to this thread!Guaranteed!

When I was at the bank waiting in line I saw this story on the tube display there and I automatically knew bush_cheney would be all over this one.

WWWTT

How important is Canada? Shall we count the ways?

"Canada is the most important country for Oilseed Rape (OSR) breeding (1994)"

"Canada is the most important country in terms of foreign investment in the Dominican Republic in the mining business," (2007)

"Canada is the most important country in hockey." (2008)

"Canada is the most important uranium supplier in the world." (2001)

"Canada, is the most important British settlement on the continent of America." (1836)

"Canada is the most important exporter of live hogs to the U.S." (2009)

"Canada is the most important source of foreign tourists for Florida." (2003)

"Canada is the most important export producer of lentils in the world" (2007)

"Canada is the most important foreign market for U.S. candy" (1993)

"Canada is the most important habitat for production of North American ducks" (1980)

funny BC, arent American politicians always saying US is exceptional? best country in the world? the beacon of light?

you're even taught that in school

Must be true, because many more Canadians emigrate to the USA than the other way around. And the USA has ten times the population! :);) ;)

Holy freekin man bush_cheny2004 has got it in overdrive!

Is there any end in sight?

As far as your concernered Canada can't be bashed enough into the ground far enough until this statistic released today is erased from all memory!

WWWTT

Neither does yours. Mine at least, is backed up by evidence, in regards to trade, energy, defence agreements, the quotes of various leaders. Still, you stick to your own position, as you so often do, in the face of whatever evidence is presented.

If Canada wasn't the most important country to the US, I'd have no problem saying that. It is though.

There's nothing really controversial with your argument. Looking at the evidence, Canada seems to be quite convincingly the most important country to the US (and vice-versa without a doubt).

We're the #1 US trading partner, and we buy so many exports from the US that no other country even comes close. We're the #1 exporter of oil, and share an energy/electricity grid like you referred. Trade, infrastructure, defence, resources, tourism, Canada leads in all.

You could make a meh case for Mexico, and a decent case for China (buyer of debt, reliance on cheap labour/goods for higher standard of living), but I'm pretty sure most who analyzed it would say Canada is the most important country to the US.

Guest American Woman

There's nothing really controversial with your argument. Looking at the evidence, Canada seems to be quite convincingly the most important country to the US (and vice-versa without a doubt).

Again. You are not an American. Would you like me to tell you what's most important to Canada? 'Looking at the evidence, this is what I, an American, have concluded is most important to Canada - and any Canadians who don't agree with me are ridiculous, in denial, and there is something wrong with them for telling me that I'm wrong.

We're the #1 US trading partner, and we buy so many exports from the US that no other country even comes close. We're the #1 exporter of oil, and share an energy/electricity grid like you referred. Trade, infrastructure, defence, resources, tourism, Canada leads in all.

I've never seen the claim that Canada is the most important country coming out of the U.S. - if you have, I welcome your links.

You could make a meh case for Mexico, and a decent case for China (buyer of debt, reliance on cheap labour/goods for higher standard of living), but I'm pretty sure most who analyzed it would say Canada is the most important country to the US.

This is where you're wrong, and in this more global world, the desire to depend less on Canada makes other countries more important than in the past. I cannot find one analysis, one poll, one POTUS who says Canada is the "most" important country. The U.S. is not Canada, and what's considered really important to us isn't always so important to Canada - the military and defense spending, for example - and we have another significant country bordering us, so I would say that the U.S. and Canada have some different criteria as to what's really important.

As I said, polls show that Canada is most loved, but polls have also shown that Britain is perceived as our greatest ally. That's not to take away from Canada, but your government made a big show out of not supporting the U.S. in Iraq and saying that "the U.S. asked for it" hardly is supportive, and it is now making a big show out of making oil deals with China - so as things change, other nations become more important to the U.S. - just as important in other ways.

The fact that you think Mexico, whom we also share an important border with and is our #3 trading partner, is just "meh" in importance to the U.S., along with China, our #2 trading partner (not far behind Canada) shows that you aren't seeing this from an American perspective.

I don't know why you can't understand that we think there are other countries that are just as important to the U.S. as Canada is - and I really don't understand the need of some to criticize Americans for not agreeing with their take on it.

Jack Jedwab, executive director of he Montreal-based Association for Canadian Studies, gets it:

While Canada is generally acknowledged in the U.S. to be that country’s closest ally and most important trading partner, there is also a perception that other areas, such as the Middle East and China, are ultimately more important to strategic American interests.

That's one example.

Generally I don't respond to you because I think anyone who thinks innocent civilians who were brutally murdered were asking for it is not worth my time, but this is just too ironic -

We have you, along with several others who all criticize the U.S. - it's evil, it's not well regarded, it's responsible for all sorts of nasty things worldwide - insisting that Canada is "the most important nation to the U.S." You are insisting no other nation is as important, as you wash your hands of the U.S. and claim to be "most loved." Ironic - no? - that citizens from the "most important" country to the U.S. completely wash their hands of the U.S. when it suits you. How can you have it both ways?

Note that I have not said any other nation is MORE important nor have I claimed/insisted that the U.S. is the most important nation to Canada. I'm simply saying that no POTUS, no survey, no analysis has concluded that Canada is MOST important to the United States - and I don't see "the United States" seeing it that way. Again, that doesn't diminish the importance of Canada, but other countries are important also, for different reasons.

Edited by American Woman

I honestly don't get this need to be "most" important. You are as important as some others, more important than most. That's the best you're going to get.

There is no need on my part and I don't care what I "get" out of you. The facts are the facts and Smallc illustrated them clearly.

Again. You are not an American.

And you're not a politician, political scientist, sociologist or an economist, which would all be even more relevant, although also unnecessary in the context of this forum, to analyzing international relationships and networks than your nonsensical assertion that citizenship somehow matters.