Americans shocked with Harper's crime bill

Americans are shocked that within the new crime bill, Harper is giving pot growers more time in jail than a pedophile! more are outrage that he thinks growing pot is more serious than sexually abusing a child. At least with pot grower they can to helped but a pedophile can't and so should be locked forever if they show no improved. Again, this is just another way of the Tories to let Canadians pay their ideas. The provinical jails will be so crowded, that they have to turn some lose. Oh well, you get what you pay for and all the supporters are going to see what they paid for. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/americans-odds-harper-crime-bill-gives-more-jail-160536154.html

Americans are shocked that within the new crime bill, Harper is giving pot growers more time in jail than a pedophile! more are outrage that he thinks growing pot is more serious than sexually abusing a child. At least with pot grower they can to helped but a pedophile can't and so should be locked forever if they show no improved. Again, this is just another way of the Tories to let Canadians pay their ideas. The provinical jails will be so crowded, that they have to turn some lose. Oh well, you get what you pay for and all the supporters are going to see what they paid for. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/americans-odds-harper-crime-bill-gives-more-jail-160536154.html

?????????

Dude, do you actually read what you write before posting? Your ramblings make absolutely no sense.

Edited by lukin

If the powers that be are not getting their tribute payments from the growing of pot - they get pissed off. Harper is just pulling the party line - In Canada things are legal that benefit the upper class - If there is no benefit..then those activities are deemed illegal. It's not about morality - it is about money. The provincial and municipal jails are all ready over crowded - mostly with poor blacks who have not payed tribute --------------unless they hand over their drug proceeds to an upscale lawyer...then they go home instead of jail. This system has been in place for a long time - it's called contribution to the "fund"..

Why do we care what a far leftwing blog in the United States thinks about our crime bill? Do we care what rightwing blogs think of our gun laws?

We do care what others think...why what will the neighbours think...It is slightly concerning that someone in the United States actually noticed us. Canada might actually be getting to be important..Americans might be hungry for leadership - after all I don`t see any down there other than some sharp guy in a fine suit - who can get a crowd cheering and on it`s feet by mentioning how many death warrants he signed - That is not really leadership - that`s called mob rule...it could be that they notice us because we actually have a nice dictatorship - a benevolent one - the kind that the Yanks crave for.

You mean the change of pace you have taken since you joined MLW? Oh this is not the 'Hypocrisy' thread?

BC is capable of good and positive change - he can change and has - thanks to YES we can....actually Bush Cheney is very reasonable and I doubt as was said by one writer that he would run me through with a boyonette if ordered...I don`t think so..It might be time to get along with our American brothes..this hate on is proving to be non-productive....BC is a man capable of forgiveness....where is OUR grace.......

Guest American Woman

Why do we care what a far leftwing blog in the United States thinks about our crime bill? Do we care what rightwing blogs think of our gun laws?

You seem to care about an awful lot that goes on in the States ... so you only care about us, but you don't care what we think about you? B)

We have the lowest amount of people in jail per capita, in the free world. Harpers law will only bring us up to the world standard. And for a liberal to complain,well to bad . You had your time in power ,letting people go at a alarming rate. Now we will lock them up.

We have the lowest amount of people in jail per capita, in the free world. Harpers law will only bring us up to the world standard. And for a liberal to complain,well to bad . You had your time in power ,letting people go at a alarming rate. Now we will lock them up.

NOT EVEN CLOSE!....Japan, norway, iceland, denmark switzerland, sweden france germany belgium netherlands, italy, argentina and another 80 countries or so have lower incarceration than us...

Most of us get along just fine...those who can't....get banned for a month! ;)

Every time you get banned you return with just a little less interest. Eventually you loose respect utterly for some stanger far away who has the privledge and the power to press a button and in effect put an apple in your mouth like a roosted piglet...I am so glad that I can be the sacriafical lamb on occassion and give some people a sense of power that they other wise would not experience...they should send any banned members a small cheaque on occassion -watch this - a ban is comming my way....lol

Guest American Woman

Even when I agree with you, you tend to be a dick about it. Why can't we just agree and move on?

Sorry, but your original comment was you "being a dick," so if I give it back to you, suck it up ... and take your own advice and move on. Capice? :rolleyes:

Sorry, but your original comment was you "being a dick," so if I give it back to you, suck it up ... and take your own advice and move on. Capice? :rolleyes:

My comment was purely observational based on your original observation. But in the end you agree with this dick. Suck it .. up. :lol: