Perry in 2012?

Guest Derek L

Guest Derek L

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Texan+appeal+many+Republicans/5239648/story.html

With Perry likely to announce his candidacy for the GOP ticket this Saturday, what impact do you feel this will have in the GOP race and eventually with Obama…….

Personally, I like Perry and his chances………Texas is one of the few states still experiencing strong economic growth, he will bode well with the Christian voters, the Tea partiers’ (was one of the first Republican leaders to recognise them), fiscal conservatives and should play well with the GOP establishment…..

I’d perhaps question his ability to attract swing voters, but with Obama’s handling of the economy, I doubt that will be much of a concern……..he was a former Democrat though...

Your thoughts?

Edited by Derek L

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Texan+appeal+many+Republicans/5239648/story.html

With Perry likely to announce his candidacy for the GOP ticket this Saturday, what impact do you feel this will have in the GOP race and eventually with Obama…….

Personally, I like Perry and his chances………Texas is one of the few states still experiencing strong economic growth, he will bode well with the Christian voters, the Tea partiers’ (was one of the first Republican leaders to recognise them), fiscal conservatives and should play well with the GOP establishment…..

I’d perhaps question his ability to attract swing voters, but with Obama’s handling of the economy, I doubt that will be much of a concern……..he was a former Democrat though...

Your thoughts?

You mean Governor Perry the man who wants to seperate from the USA.

Your thoughts?

The fact that Rick Perry was once a Democrat, but then grew up, developed some brains and realized the folly of his careless, youthful and ignorant ways, just proves that he is THE man for the present times.

History has a habit of repeating itself. Those of us old enough to have suffered through the Carter years of misery indexes that will never likely be surpassed, (unless 0bama is given a second term) know that this boy, who was expected to do a man's job is way over his head, just like the peanut farmer was in 1976.

The one who replaced old Jimmy was also a former Democrat, but now is recognized as the face of conservative, small-government, low-taxes and entrepreneurial, hard-working America. The total antithesis of the present occupier of the Oval office, who would have trouble to say 'I love you' to his wife and kids, without a teleprompter.

Totally appropriate to the present, somewhat rephrased, is the quote by Ronald Reagan: Recession is when your neighbour loses his job. Depression is when you lose your job. Recovery is when 0bama loses his job.

Edited by Yukon Jack

I don't know too much about Rick Perry, I just found out he existed from this thread...I think Perry will support the status quo considering he said Guliani was the best choice for president in '08. If you want someone from Texas, go with Ron Paul. He will get support from the Tea Party considering he started the Tea Party or the Tea Party started around him.

I don't know too much about Rick Perry, I just found out he existed from this thread...I think Perry will support the status quo considering he said Guliani was the best choice for president in '08. If you want someone from Texas, go with Ron Paul. He will get support from the Tea Party considering he started the Tea Party or the Tea Party started around him.

Yah to bad he wants to take the US back to policies which lead to the great depression right?

He gave animosity to Illegals.

animosity: strong dislike, hostility.

Is there any reason why an honest citizen of any rank should not give exactly that to someone who sneaked into their country, takes advantage of the health and education system, promotes voter fraud, refuses to respect the laws and customs of the country they invaded illegally, refuses to learn the language of the country they took hostage and promotes gangs that murders, kills, robs and terrorizes the very same people who have the generosity to tolerate such despicable behavior?

Animosity is ALL illegals deserve. Rounding up and deporting would be even better.

animosity: strong dislike, hostility.

Is there any reason why an honest citizen of any rank should not give exactly that to someone who sneaked into their country, takes advantage of the health and education system, promotes voter fraud, refuses to respect the laws and customs of the country they invaded illegally, refuses to learn the language of the country they took hostage and promotes gangs that murders, kills, robs and terrorizes the very same people who have the generosity to tolerate such despicable behavior?

Animosity is ALL illegals deserve. Rounding up and deporting would be even better.

I am sorry he has no Animosity. He quite likes them and provides amnesty for them in his state. He also at one time was a Democrat but when he saw there would be no power as a Democrat he switched parties.

It will be great to see some people around this forum cheer on a party switcher Flip Flopper for once instead of pretending they are Monsters though.

Edited by punked

nope, easy credit of the 20's led to the depression, easy credit now is leading to the new depression.

You do know the easy Credit was caused because the US wanted to give the UK a push to get back onto the gold Standard and because the US had a huge amount of Gold because of WW1. The Gold standard did nothing but accelerate and cause the depression. Again I don't believe you understand how the gold standard works.

Guest Derek L

The fact that Rick Perry was once a Democrat, but then grew up, developed some brains and realized the folly of his careless, youthful and ignorant ways, just proves that he is THE man for the present times.

History has a habit of repeating itself. Those of us old enough to have suffered through the Carter years of misery indexes that will never likely be surpassed, (unless 0bama is given a second term) know that this boy, who was expected to do a man's job is way over his head, just like the peanut farmer was in 1976.

The one who replaced old Jimmy was also a former Democrat, but now is recognized as the face of conservative, small-government, low-taxes and entrepreneurial, hard-working America. The total antithesis of the present occupier of the Oval office, who would have trouble to say 'I love you' to his wife and kids, without a teleprompter.

Totally appropriate to the present, somewhat rephrased, is the quote by Ronald Reagan: Recession is when your neighbour loses his job. Depression is when you lose your job. Recovery is when 0bama loses his job.

Yeah, me knows about Reagan ;)

I was highlighting his past, and perhaps his ability to appeal to some blue-dog democrats and independents………….Inexperienced, one termed Democrat President, followed by a former governor of one of the most populace states, who is a former Democrat himself, that will be tasked with pulling the nation out of hard economic times…………The story sounds familiar

Perhaps 20-30 years from now, some will be complaining about how his vice-president’s child, now president, is the worst president in US history etc etc……….I can almost see the Bristol Palin is the devil threads on here now LOL

You do know the easy Credit was caused because the US wanted to give the UK a push to get back onto the gold Standard and because the US had a huge amount of Gold because of WW1. The Gold standard did nothing but accelerate and cause the depression. Again I don't believe you understand how the gold standard works.

Easy credit was given to people threw margin loans so they could gamble on wall street.

A gold standard is when a currency is tied to gold, it limits the ability for governments to overspend and go into debt.

As for the UK, I am sure they piled on a boat load of debt in order to fight WWI. Yes going back to a gold standard right after that would of been bad because there wouldn't be enough money circulating around the economy to service all that debt. England wouldn't of been able to stimulate the economy like the Fed and other central banks are doing now.

Now look at the current system we have with fiat currencies, we are enslaved to a system of debt, countries are being brought down because of their debts. We have become dependent on banks and corporations for our livelihood, our success is dependent on their success. If they fail we bail them out, if they succeed they keep the profits.

Debt is the problem, not the gold standard, a system that operates on debt can never work.

Easy credit was given to people threw margin loans so they could gamble on wall street.

A gold standard is when a currency is tied to gold, it limits the ability for governments to overspend and go into debt.

As for the UK, I am sure they piled on a boat load of debt in order to fight WWI. Yes going back to a gold standard right after that would of been bad because there wouldn't be enough money circulating around the economy to service all that debt. England wouldn't of been able to stimulate the economy like the Fed and other central banks are doing now.

Now look at the current system we have with fiat currencies, we are enslaved to a system of debt, countries are being brought down because of their debts. We have become dependent on banks and corporations for our livelihood, our success is dependent on their success. If they fail we bail them out, if they succeed they keep the profits.

Debt is the problem, not the gold standard, a system that operates on debt can never work.

Debt is only a problem for irresponsible actors. At the end of the day the system works, and the entities that make poor choices have problems, and the ones that make smart choices dont.

Theres no easy way to avoid this. Debt is a simple contract between two parties and will exist in any economy that isnt heavily directed and managed.

In a capitalist market you can write down promises on a piece of paper and sell that piece of paper for whatever someone will voluntarily pay for it. Thats what a bond is, and thats also what a mortgage is. If you sell promises you cant deliver on, then youre stupid and you deserve what you get. You can whine all day that the SYSTEM did it to you, but you did it YOURSELF. The people in most of the western nations that have high debt loads kept voting over and over again for parties that made lavish and expensive promises, and they kept voting in governments that ran big defecits. They had no problem using all the stuff that that borrowed money bought... all the infrastucture, and development, and the increased standard of life that was defecit financed.

And while their governments were going on massive debt financed spending sprees with borrowed money,`Generation: Useless was demanding big tax cuts.

If Im supposed to cry a song for debtor nations Im gonna need a pretty damn small violin!

Guest Derek L

Oh it isn't my compliant, he could never get my vote, that is what Republicans say.

Without turning this into a amnesty/citizenship/deportation debate, why bring it up? I would never guess that you would vote for a Conservative/Republican type candidate, but what was the point you’re trying to make?

We don't need another Texas wingnut in the oval office. Especially a religious wingnut that doesn't understand logic or science.

During his last re-election campaign, Perry came out boldly for public schools teaching “intelligent design” alongside evolutionary theory. Perry’s spokeswoman called intelligent design “a valid scientific theory,” an analysis disputed by the scientific establishment and overruled by at least one federal judge.

link

Guest Derek L

We don't need another Texas wingnut in the oval office. Especially a religious wingnut that doesn't understand logic or science.

link

And without turning this into a “logic & science” debate, those that strongly oppose his views on having both evolution and intelligent design taught in public schools are not likely to vote for him anyways…..Will this hurt him with independents? I doubt it, teaching both is a compromise, and I doubt a major issue for swing voters.

And without turning this into a “logic & science” debate, those that strongly oppose his views on having both evolution and intelligent design taught in public schools are not likely to vote for him anyways…..Will this hurt him with independents? I doubt it, teaching both is a compromise, and I doubt a major issue for swing voters.

No teaching both is most certainly NOT a compromise any more than forcing the church to teach darwinism alongside creation would be.

Edited by dre

Guest Derek L

No teaching both is most certainly NOT a compromise.

So you feel this is a grinding issue in the United States? You feel this will cost Perry the GOP nomination and/or the White House?