Mayhem in Tottenham U.K.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the links. No mention that he's a drug dealer, and the bullet that hit the police officer was police issue. Seems some here are speculating beyond information presented.

Doesn't justify the burning and looting tho. But the rich getting richer and the poor poorer is the gnawing problem.

Guest American Woman

I read the links. No mention that he's a drug dealer,

Last Thursday police in London shot and killed Mark Duggan, a north London drug dealer while attempting to make an arrest. link

Just finished watching BBC news, it's spreading to Manchester and elsewhere. It's about time they took a harder stance it's time for water canons and rubber bullets, can't believe they are letting it go on. Nothing like free flat screens while organizing petrol bombs via your Blackberry.

Seems that whatever the reason, there is a discontentment that goes beyond the death of this one person at the hands of police.

Indeed..many are angered that Tesco continues to demand money for iPads despite the growing appetite for them.

Indeed..many are angered that Tesco continues to demand money for iPads despite the growing appetite for them.

While we are speculating uselessly- I suspect that many don't even know why they're upset, but still are. Some are probably opportunists using this to engage in violence just for the thrill of it. Yes there are people like that. Engaging in useless wars is only part of the reason, but sets an example for youth to follow. It's the culture we've created.

While we are speculating uselessly- I suspect that many don't even know why they're upset, but still are. Some are probably opportunists using this to engage in violence just for the thrill of it. Yes there are people like that. Engaging in useless wars is only part of the reason, but sets an example for youth to follow.

Some?

It's the culture we've created.

Darn you to heck Apple

The authorities are materialists..most of whom are wealthy and are stake holders in British buisness...small and large - They are so desperate and paniced about losing money - or "stuff" that they do not want to piss of the rioters even more - So they behave in a non-decisive manner- IF you see one of the oldest and most established cities in the world buring - You bring in the armed forces and shut the hooligans down with force - and create a damned camp if the jails are to small to hold them - YOU do not let little bullies push you around - you beat the shit out of them ONCE...and they retreat - to sit by and have these young twits humiliate the British esablishment is a show of cowardice on the part of those in charge _ this could if not stopped ruin what is left of the Isle of Angels.

Mr Cameron said he would make a Commons statement - expected at 1130 BST on Thursday - and there would be a debate so "we are all able to stand together in condemnation of these crimes and stand together in determination to rebuild these communities"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14454516

"we shall fight on the beaches,

we shall fight on the landing grounds,

we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,

we shall fight in the hills;

we shall never surrender"

- The New Nazis (are within...)

"we shall fight on the beaches,

we shall fight on the landing grounds,

we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,

we shall fight in the hills;

we shall never surrender....

....and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the new world, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

While we are speculating uselessly- I suspect that many don't even know why they're upset, but still are.

I doubt they're upset. Chuffed at the thought of all the new gear they'll be able to get their hands on, thrilled at the chance to engage in a little of the old ultraviolence.

Some are probably opportunists using this to engage in violence just for the thrill of it. Yes there are people like that.

Yeah: most of them.

Engaging in useless wars is only part of the reason, but sets an example for youth to follow.It's the culture we've created.

What do you mean "we"?

Edited by Black Dog

Yep, there's little doubt Conrad Black was discontent.

Ahh....I guess then old conrad is one of your new heroes! Had he simply smashed in the doors on Toronto street, instead of using his key, you would be waxing idiotic over him...

Toronto G20 - 1 hour property rampage, no assaults - 1000 people arrested.

London - 3 day rampage including assaults on police and gas firebombs - 215 people arrested

Gee ... think the Toronto cops overreacted just a bit?

The Toronto police acted like goons, attacking entirely innocent people. A lot of those cops should have been arrested themselves.

The London police are acting like pansies, and incompetent pansies at that. There should be three thousand arrests by now. But the complexities of arrest procedures in the UK are such that the police are mostly not bothering except in the most obvious cases of assault and arson. The rioters are clearly not the least worried about police (and have said so in interviews) and just having fun.

Ahh....I guess then old conrad is one of your new heroes! Had he simply smashed in the doors on Toronto street, instead of using his key, you would be waxing idiotic over him...

Ahh....nope, he seems more like the sort of hero that make folks like you cream your jeans over him.

Just finished watching BBC news, it's spreading to Manchester and elsewhere. It's about time they took a harder stance it's time for water canons and rubber bullets, can't believe they are letting it go on. Nothing like free flat screens while organizing petrol bombs via your Blackberry.

The UK only have 6 water cannon and they're all in Northern Ireland for the marching season. They've never been used in England, nor have rubber bullets. Everyone seems concerned about what sort of image that would present.

Seems that whatever the reason, there is a discontentment that goes beyond the death of this one person at the hands of police.

I have noticed a growing tendency towards loutish behavior among the herd of dissafected youth who have no jobs, little education, and little interest in obtaining either. The years of easy Labour party welfare and very relaxed policing (also due to labour party policies) have left huge numbers of young people whose only concern in life is getting drunk and watching football -- and where possible having fights with others. This is even worse among the mass of minorities Britain imported. Most of those doing the looting (though by no means all) are Blacks, Arabs, and East Indians.

I doubt they're upset. Chuffed at the thought of all the new gear they'll be able to get their hands on, thrilled at the chance to engage in a little of the old ultraviolence.

Yeah: most of them.

Perhaps. It's fairly easy to look at this and conclude, they're criminals. I'm not going to argue that they're not, being as I'm sitting at a keyboard thousands of miles away. What I wonder is why this mass rioting over seemingly isolated incidents is becoming more common now?

It seems that it is more common, although that could be a biased perception. I think hooliganism is on the rise. this may not be purely hooliganism, it might be more than that. But why is hooliganism becoming and accepted part of our culture?

You mention a little of the old ultraviolence- that's clockwork orange. A very disturbing, violent film. I contend that exposing the public to increasingly violent media is part of the problem that leads us to the psychopathic society.

What do you mean "we"?

We, the ones who believe every kind of expression should be allowed.

We, the ones who believe it's ok for our country to break laws and conduct illegal wars.

We, the ones who believe that rule of law is relative, hence the value of law is diminished in the minds of our youth.

We, but not me.

Edited by Sir Bandelot