Mayhem in Tottenham U.K.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman
All because a drug dealer shot at the police, who shot back killing him.

It doesn't sound as if that's all there is to it. This article - Fears of more violence after worst London riots in years - sheds a little more light on it (emphasis mine):

- London braced on Sunday for more violence after some of the worst riots seen in the British capital for years which politicians and police blamed on criminal thugs but
residents attributed to local tensions and anger over hardship.

Police Commander Adrian Hanstock told Reuters
there was "a lot of ill-informed and inaccurate speculation on social media sites" that could inflame the situation

The trouble broke out on Saturday night following a peaceful demonstration over the shooting of Mark Duggan, 29, who was killed after an exchange of gunfire with police on Thursday. Duggan's death is now being investigated by the independent police watchdog.

The riots also come amid deepening gloom in Britain, with the economy struggling to grow amid deep public spending cuts and tax rises
brought into help eliminate a budget deficit which peaked at more than 10 percent of GDP.

Regardless of the reasons, it sounds as if the riots were quite violent, but it makes more sense that it wasn't all over the shooting of a drug dealer.

From what I've read on a couple of U.K. sites, the shooting sparked it, I've read that these louts are called NEEFs (?) uneducated louts who can't read or write, therefore are unemployable, if they want to work that is. It also seems that the police didn't act quickly enough, don't know about that, but in a racially charged area such as this one, I would bet that had they moved faster, they would be accused of racism. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Spending cuts are only just starting so austerity programs cannot be blamed on this, it's thugs and louts looking for an excuse to cause trouble.

Read the link in the first post about Mark Duggan. and a bit more info here http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2011/08/06/18520321.html

I'm pretty sure that if this involved Muslims we'd have more than one post on the topic by now.

What there are no Muslims involved- well were there any rioting Jews - or maybe some other hate objects? Darn - I am going back to another thread...This riot took place after the police killing of an alledged hooligan - all the other hooligans paid tribute by doing wha they do best.

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm :rolleyes:

It's spreading, they are planning ahead with petrol bombs at the ready... yup - silly youth, they just need more community centres. :lol:

http://thewestlondoner.wordpress.com/2011/08/07/breaking-riots-in-enfield-edmonton-walthamsto-brixton/

How come the rioters all appear black? Why is it that the looters are taking stuff that they will not benefit from having? No such thing as an intelligent hooligan! You can not police or instill intelligence or good rational behaviour in those that simply art stupid. So as I said - stupidity and evil are kin....and it looks like the liberating British liberals were to stupid to understand that we are not all equal that some of us are just plain stupid..but that would be the truth - and heaven forbid that reality come into play--regarding the containment of stupidity (evil).

I look at the problems in Britain and remember they were once the great empire, having colonized many remote places and used the brown man as slaves. Then I think about the Roman empire, and the Jewish diaspora, how the Jews had to run away from their homeland when the Romans burned Jerusalem. The Jews escaped into the Roman empire.

Karma is a bitch...

The British elite about 40 years ago thought they could import brown slaves into Briton --- and increase their wealth - These guys did not take into account that the brown slaves were not the passive and submissive Christian servants that they were use too...slight over sight on the part of this elite - and now they pay dearly.

I look at the problems in Britain and remember they were once the great empire, having colonized many remote places and used the brown man as slaves. Then I think about the Roman empire, and the Jewish diaspora, how the Jews had to run away from their homeland when the Romans burned Jerusalem. The Jews escaped into the Roman empire.

Karma is a bitch...

So are oppressed fed up people apparently.

Guest American Woman
It's spreading, they are planning ahead with petrol bombs at the ready... yup - silly youth, they just need more community centres. :lol:

Police and politicians insisted the disorder was the work of a criminal minority and not a sign of social tensions or security lapses ahead of the 2012 Games. link

I wonder if anyone has asked those rioting why they are doing it? More to the point, I wonder if they even know themselves why they are doing it. More likely just 'follow the leader' mob mentality. Though of course the looting is profitable .........

Over 215 arrests so far - and it sounds as if it's still going strong.

I'm pretty sure that if this involved Muslims we'd have more than one post on the topic by now.

If it makes you feel any better I understand that there are some Turks alongside the Blacks doing the rioting and burning...

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this, hard to believe that this was happening in the U.K. All because a drug dealer shot at the police, who shot back killing him. It's cops fault of course :rolleyes:

Timeline of violence

Mark Duggan

How dare law enforcement enforce law? A drug dealer should be able to shoot at cops - competators - dogs and young children sitting on the curb playing marbles...the nerve - I can see why all of the lawless people are so pissed off...The hooligans sure look like ass holes, giving flying drop kicks to tempered glass windows - hoping to get a free Xbox so they can go home and be idiots and blow dope while playing video all day long...what a wonderful sub-culture...of idiots!

Guest American Woman

And I'm pretty sure that if this was taking place in the U.S. instead of Britain we'd have more than one and a half pages on the topic by now ...

And I'm pretty sure that if this was taking place in the U.S. instead of Britain we'd have more than one and a half pages on the topic by now ...

A picture is worth a thousand words. The images I see on public media do not look like Muslim youth - they look like common black jerks who do not have jobs and have embraced the sub-culture of crimminality...This riot did not take place after the killing of a good and up standing citizen _ it took place after the killing of a crook..who had no regards for human life and general goodness - as is seen in the actions of the dead mans followers...just plain bad!

Issue the cops with guns. Shoot the scum down in the streets.

Presto, not only no more riots, but welfare costs will be lowered.

General Augusto Pinochet...If you want him,folks!!

Oh yeah..I forgot..

You've already ennunciated your opinions of black folks before...

What was it based on???

Oh yeah...TV and limited interractions...

Edited by Jack Weber

Issue the cops with guns. Shoot the scum down in the streets.

Presto, not only no more riots, but welfare costs will be lowered.

I do not understand the double standard. I do not recall anyone ordering for the SEC and its international counterparts being issued guns and being told to use them on the people rampaging through the economy.