Cull racoons and use meat to feed welfare people and homeless.

Guest American Woman

I find it odd that big cities so often have a problem with raccoons. I've had lots of critters in my yard - bunnies, squirrels, chipmunks, skunks, deer, wild turkeys, foxes, even an opossum sleeping on the lawn chair on my porch as well as the occasional bear - but I've never seen even one raccoon - or evidence of any. You'd think if they live in big cities, they'd live everywhere. We've had them living in my family's cottage (loud music makes them leave - especially heavy metal), but I never see them in town. Raccoons are one thing we don't have a problem with.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if we drop those coons off in the same place... I've "assisted" half a dozen find new rural homes in the last three years. Gives me an enormous sense of well being.

:D 'Assisted living' programs for racoons.

The problem I have with the original topic is that 'food' that most of us wouldn't touch is to be forced on "welfare people and the homeless", a seeming punishment for their state. To remove the apparent punitive element, I would suggest that wealthy people first adopt this diet and make it popular. :-]

Not to mention that it would cost WAY more to safely feed people this way, than it would to produce beef for them in a large agricultural farm/factory.

This isnt a serious idea... its too stupid to even discuss.

This thread was originally about taking food not fit to eat and feeding it to the poor and disadvantaged - our of sheer spite - Remember one thing - as the master whips the slave - the upper middle management slave whips the lower management slave - who in turn whips the common working slave - who in turn gets home and kicks the dog - beats his wife and yells at the baby slaves - thus the whole system runs on auto-pilot. Remember also that families that once lived in mansions and had privledge have decendants standing in line covered in lice - waiting for a bowl of soup at the local mission - rich is not for ever - all empires and families rise and fall - so don't pick on the poor - they were once you at one time. AND in time you will be them.

The original post was simply a troll piece from a troll. Nothing serious about it.

What! All this time I was hoping to attack someone who was hoping to feed me coon meat? And all this time there was no person serious about it? Jeeezz - that makes me look like a reactionary...oh no!

- rich is not for ever - all empires and families rise and fall - so don't pick on the poor - they were once you at one time. AND in time you will be them

and the first one now will later be last, for the times they are a-changing.

-k

and the first one now will later be last, for the times they are a-changing.

-k

I always wait in line and take the last postion...at least I know when my turn is coming up and can relax while the others are filled with competative vexation regarding getting their first. What I said about poor and rich - is that natural revolutions take place - I have seen family history, where what was once a prominent and very important family - after only two generations are white trash on welfare- things happen - things change...so don't overly respect the rich - nor hold the poor in contempt...cos in the end - we are all the same...and the great race of careerism is a temporal one and human status is a fleeting affair.

I wish that you all could back off the gross subject of eating 'coon meat. We won't be eating any of it so drop it, it is stupid.

Anything that I have read about the eating of the animal was the hillbillies and rednecks in the U.S. I do believe that we should be above that scene.But I guess that was only because there was nothing more to eat for some reason.

I wish that you all could back off the gross subject of eating 'coon meat. We won't be eating any of it so drop it, it is stupid.

Anything that I have read about the eating of the animal was the hillbillies and rednecks in the U.S. I do believe that we should be above that scene.But I guess that was only because there was nothing more to eat for some reason.

It's a joke thread - even I got sucked into it.

Simmer it just perfect. Let the coon meat age for a few days on the side of the highway. Tender, juicy meat for the homeless.

Like swan stone soup. Boil a swan, veggies and a stone in a pot. It's done when you can stick the fork into the stone.

My Humboldt squid recipe is similar, tenderize the mantle by wrapping it around the front tire of you car and drive around town for a while. When ready to prepare throw away the squid and cook the tire.

Guest American Woman

Actually, different countries and different locales within countries have different delicacies. From what I've read, if the preparation is done right, raccoon meat is good. And did you miss the part where in Britain eating squirrels is in vogue? It's not a "gross subject" just because it doesn't appeal to you - and I would imagine that there are a few Canadians that eat some wild meat that's off the beaten track too. So likely Canada isn't "above that scene."

It was once said "we are only one event from returning to the caves"....i use to laugh about that, until i joined the military and visted some of the worlds hot spots.....when your hungry you'll eat almost anything....

It was once said "we are only one event from returning to the caves"....i use to laugh about that, until i joined the military and visted some of the worlds hot spots.....when your hungry you'll eat almost anything....

Even C-Rations

Even c rats....we once eat frozen raw caribou up north, including raw whale meat (shit for a week, i don't know what was better having a poop take only 2 seconds in -50 or actually liking frozen caribou...In wainwright our escape and evasion instructor made us sample fried earth worms, slowly cooked in a little butter....Let me say this they suck, but maybe i was not hungry enough....

Even c rats....we once eat frozen raw caribou up north, including raw whale meat (shit for a week, i don't know what was better having a poop take only 2 seconds in -50 or actually liking frozen caribou...In wainwright our escape and evasion instructor made us sample fried earth worms, slowly cooked in a little butter....Let me say this they suck, but maybe i was not hungry enough....

I've eaten ground hog before. Tasted like the most tender roast beef! Not surprising, since the little bastards tend to feast only on the nicest vegetables in YOUR home garden!

You won't feed a large family on the roast, though.

I've eaten ground hog before. Tasted like the most tender roast beef! Not surprising, since the little bastards tend to feast only on the nicest vegetables in YOUR home garden!

You won't feed a large family on the roast, though.

Buddy of mine grew up near kingston on a farm. Like most farm boys, he was introduced to shooting at a younger age. So anyway, groundhogs, gophers, woodchucks...are vermin so in the tractor his father kept a .22

The stipulation he gave the 13 year old was, what ever you shoot, you clean, cook and eat.

He told me that after the 1st week of eating ground hog, the freezer was still filled with frozen ground hog....after a month if he saw a gound hog, he looked the other way.

Buddy of mine grew up near kingston on a farm. Like most farm boys, he was introduced to shooting at a younger age. So anyway, groundhogs, gophers, woodchucks...are vermin so in the tractor his father kept a .22

The stipulation he gave the 13 year old was, what ever you shoot, you clean, cook and eat.

He told me that after the 1st week of eating ground hog, the freezer was still filled with frozen ground hog....after a month if he saw a gound hog, he looked the other way.

I was lucky, Dancer! I was a guest at a farmer friend's house. His grandfather had shot the ground hog, cleaned and cooked it. All I had to do was plop some mashed potatoes at the side of my share on my plate!

Growing up on a lake..the back yard was the lake...anything we caught we ate- That's just the way it was - This catch and release or torment and toss back of fish is strange to me...across from the front of the house was a large dairy farm with lots of woods and a couple of kettle lakes - I would shoot pheasants and was so proud when I got my first bird that I cleaned it and cooked it - with Dad watching - still have a cracked corner of a tooth from an un-noticed shot gun pellet. Also I am pretty good at growing things - got the habit from my mother who had a great flower and vegetable garden...Back in the day - you could actually live off the land..It was a wonderful childhood for me - down to earth and real -the very best envirioment for a kid...of course we ran wild like animals...might explain my over independent nature.

I was lucky, Dancer! I was a guest at a farmer friend's house. His grandfather had shot the ground hog, cleaned and cooked it. All I had to do was plop some mashed potatoes at the side of my share on my plate!

Ground hog is kind of like eating a very large mouse...don't know if I could do that - unless it was really spiced up and called something else like - Pig of the ground curry.

Ground hog is kind of like eating a very large mouse...don't know if I could do that - unless it was really spiced up and called something else like - Pig of the ground curry.

You people are savages. I hate rodents. Chucks, rabbits, rats, beavers, muscrats, anything with buck teeth I will not eat. A man has to have standards.

I have eaten bbq'd locust/grasshoppers and eaten snake, frogs, ants, snails, nut nothing with bucked teeth. Also I know some like Moose and Deer but not me. Too gamey. Also ducks and goose are too greasy, likewise pheasant. Chicken, turkey or maybe squab. Get away from me with pigeons. Also the only fresh water fish I eat are trout. Otherwise its cold water ocean fish with mercury for me. Perch, bass, pike, muskie taste like Oleg Bach's underwear.

Edited by Rue

You people are savages. I hate rodents. Chucks, rabbits, rats, beavers, muscrats, anything with buck teeth I will not eat. A man has to have standards.

I have eaten bbq'd locust/grasshoppers and eaten snake, frogs, ants, snails, nut nothing with bucked teeth. Also I know some like Moose and Deer but not me. Too gamey. Also ducks and goose are too greasy, likewise pheasant. Chicken, turkey or maybe squab. Get away from me with pigeons. Also the only fresh water fish I eat are trout. Otherwise its cold water ocean fish with mercury for me. Perch, bass, pike, muskie taste like Oleg Bach's underwear.

Squab IS pigeon.

Muskrat is like sweet chicken.

I find it odd that big cities so often have a problem with raccoons. I've had lots of critters in my yard - bunnies, squirrels, chipmunks, skunks, deer, wild turkeys, foxes, even an opossum sleeping on the lawn chair on my porch as well as the occasional bear - but I've never seen even one raccoon - or evidence of any. You'd think if they live in big cities, they'd live everywhere. We've had them living in my family's cottage (loud music makes them leave - especially heavy metal), but I never see them in town. Raccoons are one thing we don't have a problem with.

I would hazard that raccoons have natural enemies in your neck of the woods. Many urban areas don't have healthy populations of predator species, unless you count zoo escapes or released wild pets.