Obama: Pullback to 1967 Borders

Yeah, well what Egypt and all the rest did in 67 and 72 also broke international law, as well as those who attacked Israel in previous gang bangs. I assume you are then in full support Of what the US did to Iraq twice as well as the Korea and Viet Nam conflicts? Because most of the left is quite selective as to which UN resolutions they support or not.

What happened in 72? You referring to the 1973 Yom Kippur war? Ya that was all illegal, so was 67 attack. I support the gulf war 1990-91, and ya it was "legal" under intl law. I don't support the Iraq War, and it was illegal. Korea was UNSC authorized, vietnam i have no idea.

No i don't support every UNSC resolution, but that part of UNSC 242 it was the right thing to do. No more military annexing, intl security is better without it.

Also, why do you label me as "of the left"? Does supporting international norms and law make me a lefty?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the US invades/attacks countries, supports coups, blackmails governments, and uses trade policies and the exportation of US companies to plunder the resources of other countries of their valuable resources. And ya, so does Canada. Beat ya to it! Scold the Canada when the US has a leg to stand on.

Israel is sovereign state just like Canada or the United States. Why would you expect anything different? How do you keep the cognitive dissonance going in the face of such obvious realities?

you referring to me or the state of Israel?

also, no i wouldn't expect anything different from Israel, but i doesn't mean it's right.

So of course you spend an equal amount of time regarding the moral outrage of land and resource claims in your own nation, right? Or is it just more fun to focus on Israel?

Israel is sovereign state just like Canada or the United States. Why would you expect anything different? How do you keep the cognitive dissonance going in the face of such obvious realities?

Look whos talking? When the british colonized North America there were very few inhabitants here and it was a completely different time and geo-political environment. To even make that comparison is so incredibly dopey Im suprised even you would do that.

Good grief.

So of course you spend an equal amount of time regarding the moral outrage of land and resource claims in your own nation, right? Or is it just more fun to focus on Israel?

:lol:. No genius... The focus is whats going on TODAY... NOW...

Are you seriously suggesting that if someone's against Israels wholesale theft of land and resources, without giving equal time to the conquest of Atilla the Hun they must be bias?

:lol:

Wow.

:lol:. No genius... The focus is whats going on TODAY... NOW...

So all land and resource claims have been settled?

Are you seriously suggesting that if someone's against Israels wholesale theft of land and resources, without giving equal time to the conquest of Atilla the Hun they must be bias?

No, I am suggesting that any idiot from Canada (or the USA) who accuses Israel of stealing land and/or resources is a blind fool.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

No they took the land because WANTED IT. End of story.

Nope. Just the end of your fairy tale. They took the land out of defense. Perhaps you're just unaware of the strategic importance of say the Golan Heights. Which Israel offered to give back after the war, in exchange for peace with Syria. But Syria refused to negotiate.

Look, if you and your buddies wish to constantly wage war with Israel, fine. But you have to understand that there are consequences to starting and losing a war. One of those consequences is the chance of losing some land. If the entire Middle East Arab countries hadn't started so many wars with Israel, they'd still have all of their land. End of story.

LOL you have no idea how much time i spend regarding any issue compared to another. I can criticize Israel all i want. If you don't like it, try and stop me.

Nope. Just the end of your fairy tale. They took the land out of defense. Perhaps you're just unaware of the strategic importance of say the Golan Heights. Which Israel offered to give back after the war, in exchange for peace with Syria. But Syria refused to negotiate.

Look, if you and your buddies wish to constantly wage war with Israel, fine. But you have to understand that there are consequences to starting and losing a war. One of those consequences is the chance of losing some land. If the entire Middle East Arab countries hadn't started so many wars with Israel, they'd still have all of their land. End of story.

Look, if you and your buddies

Me and my "buddies"? ROFLMAO. Half my family is Israeli, and the other half is South African.

I guess the vast network of Israeli Pipelines and wells that supply half of Israels drinking water are "defensive" right? And the settlers must be "defensive" too.

And I supposed the majority of Israelis who believe the occupied territories dont belong to Israel and should be given back are fools too. :lol::lol:

And I supposed that putting the IDF in charge of water resources immediately before they invaded the west bank was defensive too huh?

You dont even have the first clue what youre talking about.

Except that the logic you use to declare it untenable is so retarded it could be casually debunked by an unborn fetus.

Israel remains in control of the occupied territories and "resources"....if the only price to pay is your righteous ramblings from an "occupied" Canada, it is certainly worth it.

Of course, Netanyahu gave Obama a big hug and told him to mind his own business. So why did Obama say these things? He must have known the response would be incredulous. There is no way he expected them to agree at this point in time.

It's called politics....America will continue to send billions to Israel, Jordan, Egypt, and Palestine. Like former US presidents, Mr. Obama has paid lip service to the issue that will never go away.

Israel remains in control of the occupied territories and "resources"....if the only price to pay is your righteous ramblings from an "occupied" Canada, it is certainly worth it.

Of COURSE its worth it. The status quo is a huge score for Israel... They get to plunder that territory and kill its inhabitants at will, and nobody is willing to do anything about it but piss and moan.

Welcome to the status quo.

Of course, Netanyahu gave Obama a big hug and told him to mind his own business. So why did Obama say these things? He must have known the response would be incredulous. There is no way he expected them to agree at this point in time.

Its politics. Some American politicians want to distance themselves from being blatant supporters of this type of behavior. Obama probably just wanted to get it on the record that he agrees with the rest of the world (besides a few quacks) and most Israelis that one day the occupation should end.

He obviously knew he would be told to go fuck himself... No different than how previous presidents have been told to go fuck themselves by Israel when they asked for various things. Israel knows it can keep milking that cow forever whether theyre nice to it or not.

Edited by dre

....He obviously knew he would be told to go fuck himself... No different than how previous presidence have been told to go fuck themselves by Israel when they asked for various things. Israel knows it can keep milking that cow forever whether theyre nice to it or not.

That's right...it is all political theatre....and the rest of the world (besides a few quacks) can "piss and moan" all they want without changing a damn thing. Suckers....

That's right...it is all political theatre....and the rest of the world (besides a few quacks) can "piss and moan" all they want without changing a damn thing. Suckers....

I dont have to live on that god forsaken dirt farm like the Jews and Pals, and I dont have to borrow money from the Chinese to pay all their bills like you.

Whos a sucker? And who said I expected to "change a damn thing"?. I could care less if those people lived on the moon.

I dont have to live on that god forsaken dirt farm like the Jews and Pals, and I dont have to borrow money from the Chinese to pay all their bills like you.

I don't borrow anything....or travel to Canada to beg for a job!

Whos a sucker? And who said I expected to "change a damn thing"?. I could care less if those people lived on the moon.

You mean you "couldn't care less".