Obama: Pullback to 1967 Borders

Seeing that the Israelis took out several modern Soviet equiped armies using surplus M4 Shermans they bought at a military auction, Canada would need to make sure they don't bring the green camo...at the very least.

:P

Canada would be fine as part of a multi-national force...problem is that won't ever happen. Hell, Israel already attacked the USS Liberty over 40 years ago! ;)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea...Israel wants to know too. Canada and what army?

I cant help if you dont know how to read. Your question is stupid because youre assuming I believe such an army exists (or that Canada would be willing to do shit either, for that matter).

But I said in no uncertain terms that neither of those things will ever happen...

Niether of those things are likely to happen any time soon. The international community will both refuse to implement solution A, while preventing solution B. We will continue to embarass ourselves with wrong headed half-hearted attempts to broker peace, and I absolutely GUARANTEE you that you will die having not seen a resolution to this.

If fact I guaranteed they wont happen any time soon.

See in retrospected how retarded your statement is?

My whole point was that there are no such armys willing to enforce solution A.

Youre reply?

Canada and what army?

:D

...But I said in no uncertain terms that neither of those things will ever happen...

Then why did you say such an absurd thing in the first place?

If fact I guaranteed they wont happen any time soon.

You can't guarantee anything based on such analysis and projections.

See in retrospected how retarded your statement is?

We were just playing along...."retards" need friends too.

My whole point was that there are no such armys willing to enforce solution A.

Your whole point was fantasy and deserving of the severe mocking it received. Don't write checks you can't cash.

Canada would be fine as part of a multi-national force...problem is that won't ever happen.

Even if this 'large and permanent multi national force' got on the ground, they'd be lost without the logistical support of the USA. Kind of like the UN...lol.

Hell, Israel already attacked the USS Liberty over 40 years ago! ;)

That will always be one of those things. Mistaken identy? Israel thinking that the USA was passing info to the Egytians? The Liberty was nosing around pretty close to the action. There was a lot a stake for Israel...so any scenario is possible.

Then why did you say such an absurd thing in the first place?

We were just playing along...."retards" need friends too.

Your whole point was fantasy and deserving of the severe mocking it received. Don't write checks you can't cash.

Sure I can, and so did you. You came to the exact same conclusion I did which is that it was "fantasy". Again... you speed read, failed to comprehend, and accidentally thought I was advocating a bloody war, and then followed that up, with the total misconception that I was saying either of those things were likely to happen... Thus your retarded "Canada and what army?" statement. :lol:

Sure I can, and so did you. You came to the exact same conclusion I did which is that it was "fantasy". Again... you speed read, failed to comprehend, and accidentally thought I was advocating a bloody war, and then followed that up, with the total misconception that I was saying either of those things were likely to happen... Thus your retarded "Canada and what army?" statement. :lol:

And aliens from the planet Belzoor are unlikely to intervene as well..it's easy to play your silly game....and fun too. I engaged your assertions at face value, only to bust out laughing. Thanks for the chuckle.

....That will always be one of those things. Mistaken identy? Israel thinking that the USA was passing info to the Egytians? The Liberty was nosing around pretty close to the action. There was a lot a stake for Israel...so any scenario is possible.

Either way....let Israel's enemies know that the United States will stand by that nation no matter what. Obama just stated as much. Canada gets just as much (if not more) American support and mutual defense assurances, and Israel deserves no less.

The USS Liberty was engaged in intel collection for an altogether different Cold War matter. It was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Either way....let Israel's enemies know that the United States will stand by that nation no matter what. Obama just stated as much. Canada gets just as much (if not more) American support and mutual defense assurances, and Israel deserves no less.

I have a few fatwas on my head by now, I imagine. I know whose side I'm on...lol.

:lol:

The USS Liberty was engaged in intel collection for an altogether different Cold War matter. It was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I agree...the Liberty's mission had nothing to do with the Arab-Israeli conflict that erupted pretty much right under them. It's the Israeli's perception of the situation that is the mystery.

Curious indeed. I can't imagine that these things are done without prior knowledge of our allies over there, so maybe something is in the works.

The impression over here (and over there, too) is that Obama certainly didn't coordinate with Netanyahu his speech. The impression I've seen is that Obama "preempted" Netanyahu's departure from Israel, so that Netanyahu was informed of Obama's speech just as he was embarking on his trip to the USA. I doubt Netanyahu was too surprised, as Obama had articulated a similar position in earlier speeches. Anyways, clearly there's a rift between the perceptions of Obama and Netnayahu. I think Obama's perception of this conflict, and the broader region, is deeply flawed.

Obama is making a common mistake that the left keeps repeating. The assumption is that if you negotiate with Israel's enemies you can come to some sort of middle ground and strike an agreement or treaty. The assumption is that they only want some land for the palestinians and once the injustice of the '67 war is finally corrected, there will be peace.

The truth is, they want the Jews to lose their nation. This is only a step in the ultimate goal. Obama is a fool to project reasonable thought on Israel's enemies who have openly declared their desire to drive her into the sea. He is also a fool to think for one second that the '67 borders is a good opening bargaining position. Israelis have rightly moved into this land that they won fair and square when the surrounding nations were trying to destroy Israel. If you attack another nation, be prepared to face the consequences. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Giving land back will not win peace. Israel already proved that a few years ago.

Obama should stick with what he knows best, how to destroy an economy.

I think you're absolutely correct. Of course your post seems somewhat "conspiracy theory" to the ignorant, but if you read the statements of much of the Palestinian and Arab leadership, even up through the Oslo Accords, this is true. Arafat himself, indirectly, stated this. I can remember off the top of my head a senior Palestinian official stating on Al-Jazeera that Arafat had told him, in confidence, that he intended to use the Oslo Accords to "drive Israel crazy" and as a stepping stone towards complete dismantling of Israel.

The idea that the violence will stop once '67 lines are reestablished is ridiculous. If that was all the Arabs wanted, why the wars in '56 and '48? Indeed, why the Arab riots/pogroms of the 1920s? And the violence started even before that....

The '67 lines as a point of departure for negotiations wouldn't be so bad if the Arabs were SINCERE about making peace. They could've established their state between '49 and '67, anyways... but of course that didn't happen.

No they took the land because WANTED IT. End of story. The occupation is WAY more than a security operation... Isreal is plundering the land for vitally needed resources.

This is simply not true. Perhaps I'll address it more completely later. At least as far as Michael Oren's "Six Days of War" is concerned, of the top of my head, Israel didn't have long-term plans for the seizure of these territories beyond using them as bargaining chips for peace - which didn't work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khartoum_Resolution

.... I doubt Netanyahu was too surprised, as Obama had articulated a similar position in earlier speeches. Anyways, clearly there's a rift between the perceptions of Obama and Netnayahu. I think Obama's perception of this conflict, and the broader region, is deeply flawed.

Obama's perception, or at least the presentation thereof is flawed...like a fox. This is a basic game of good cop - bad cop being played out for the next election cycle. All is well....

• 3 weeks later...
Obama is making a common mistake that the left keeps repeating.

Yes, those fucking Leftists:

George W. Bush, 2008

"The point of departure for permanent status negotiations to realize this vision seems clear: There should be an end to the occupation that began in 1967. The agreement must establish Palestine as a homeland for the Palestinian people, just as Israel is a homeland for the Jewish people. These negotiations must ensure that Israel has secure, recognized, and defensible borders. And they must ensure that the state of Palestine is viable, contiguous, sovereign, and independent."

:)

No word on the "common mistakes that the Right keeps repeating."

:)

Ok, so serious (and honest) discussion takes a backseat to the usual boilerplate: "The Left! The Left!"

I note that Bush_cheney2004 has not fallen into this predictably ideologized trap. And Bob...well, he wavers a bit, but I think overall he understands it as well.