Obama: Pullback to 1967 Borders

Yea...maybe it would be different if Israel had some softwood lumber! LOL! ;)

the us congress looks like a bunch of servants to bibi and AIPAC. the over enthusiastic clapping was kind of embarrassing to watch.

i bet if bibi had farted, they would have stood up and cheered.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the us congress looks like a bunch of servants to bibi and AIPAC. the over enthusiastic clapping was kind of embarrassing to watch.

It's only embarrassing for those who want to influence American policy their way...like from Canada! You heard Obama...the USA will go to the mat for Israel as long as it takes.

We cheer even when he doesn't fart.

It's only embarrassing for those who want to influence American policy their way...like from Canada! You heard Obama...the USA will go to the mat for Israel as long as it takes.

because obama has no other choice. he has very little maneuver room on the foreign policy front.

when AIPAC has so much influence and control over your congress what can he do? as john mearsheimer (the self-hating jew) points out:

the remarkably powerful Israel lobby makes it virtually impossible for him to put meaningful pressure on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who is committed to creating a Greater Israel in which the Palestinians are restricted to a handful of disconnected and impoverished enclaves. And Obama is certainly not going to buck the lobby with the 2012 presidential election looming larger every day.

We cheer even when he doesn't fart.

no kidding. the congress cheers whether he farts or not. bibi can tell them that he fornicated with their moms and they'll stand up and cheer. it's quite pathetic.

the u.s. lawmakers don't care how destructive and stupid the policies are, they don't want to jeopardize their political career and the $ they get from AIPAC to pay for their beach front properties.

this is why your country is nose diving the way it is. the american political system is too heavily controlled by the special interest groups.

ron paul is your only hope.

Edited by bud

because obama has no other choice. he has very little maneuver room on the foreign policy front.

He has lots of room, but Congress controls the purse strings.

no kidding. the congress cheers whether he farts or not. bibi can tell them that he fornicated with their moms and they'll stand up and cheer. it's quite pathetic.

this is why your country is nose diving the way it is. the american political system is too heavily controlled by the special interest groups.

It is OUR system....not yours. Enjoy having a queen in Britain while we enjoy being a superpower.

He has lots of room, but Congress controls the purse strings.

It is OUR system....not yours. Enjoy having a queen in Britain while we enjoy being a superpower.

it's nice to see that you acknowledge how things work, but it's sad to see that you're okay with it.

Awwwwwww...poor Hamas. My condolences. Maybe they can fart for Congress one day, too.

Why would your rantings from Canada be of more substance than those from Israel? The Americans will act in their self interest, not yours.

That is just it. American politicians DON'T work in the self interest of the US. They work in the interest of Israel. They worry more about Israel than they do the American people.

Why would your rantings from Canada be of more substance than those from Israel? The Americans will act in their self interest, not yours.

i thought you knew how things work. this is not about america's self interest. this is about israel's self interest.

...and sometimes those are one and the same. Why does that bug you so much?

they are not one and the same, in this situation, and i actually take that back. it's not even in israel's best interest. israel would be better off with a real 2-state solution. not the b.s. bibi, the settlers and the rest of the zionists who are dreaming of greater of israel.

it doesn't really 'bug me so much'. i'm just a fan of justice and i believe this is good for the world.

I agree, but it is the GOP who control the House at the moment.

and the dems controlled the house before the latest mid-term elections. they're all the same and they know their political career rests on how much money they receive. especially from one of the biggest lobby groups, AIPAC.

the problem with most of these congressmen and women (both dems and GOP) is that they win because of the amount of money they spend on being elected or re-elected. any american politician who dares to speak out against israel's behaviour or u.s.' 'unwavering support' of israel is attacked from all corners.

when it comes to the GOP and dems, their internal policies may be a little different, but when it comes to foreign policy, which involves israel and the different wars, it's almost suicidal to speak out against them as the israeli lobby and the military industrial complex would make sure that their political career is shortened.

they are not one and the same, in this situation, and i actually take that back. it's not even in israel's best interest. israel would be better off with a real 2-state solution. not the b.s. bibi, the settlers and the rest of the zionists who are dreaming of greater of israel.

OK....so now you're a flip-flopper. Israel is already great...the greatest democracy in the region. It didn't get that way by caving in to enemies.

it doesn't really 'bug me so much'. i'm just a fan of justice and i believe this is good for the world.

Hell, we've got Americans who will do much more than you for the cause.

Go stand in front of an IDF Caterpillar D-9 and I will be impressed!

Edited by bush_cheney2004

...when it comes to the GOP and dems, their internal policies may be a little different, but when it comes to foreign policy, which involves israel and the different wars, it's almost suicidal to speak out against them as the israeli lobby and the military industrial complex would make sure that their political career is shortened.

You mean...like...uh...the "wars" that Canada is also involved in, or doesn't that count?

Does Israel have any military forces killing the locals in Afghanistan or Libya?

Who is "we"? I'm not a Palestinian, Arab, Jew, Israeli. I'm a white Canadian with European roots who doesn't give a hoot whether the final deal ends up with Israel getting 90% of the land or 10% land, and for the Palestinians vice versa, as long as there's peace i'm happy.

I'm not sure I understand the thought behind this statement at all. You don't care at all about the outcome of the conflict, and yet your happiness requires that there is an outcome? If you don't care what the final deal is, why do you care whether or not there is a final deal?

OK....so now you're a flip-flopper. Israel is already great...the greatest democracy in the region. It didn't get that way by caving in to enemies.

flip flopper? what are you talking about?

'greatest democracy..." drop the jingoistic b.s. who cares if israel looks better than iran/egypt/saudi/etc. when it comes to democracy. why the need to always lower the bar when it comes to israel?

this isn't about caving in to enemies. this is about an obligation to do the right thing, which is to accept that the palestinians deserve a state of their own. you'd think the jews would feel a little more compassion and be more empathetic after what they went through. but to be fair, i don't want to generalize like that. a very large number do. just not the ones who control the government.

Hell, we've got Americans who will do much more than you for the cause.

Go stand in front of an IDF Caterpillar D-9 and I will be impressed!

oh c'mon bc2004. you really didn't have to turn into a turd.

flip flopper? what are you talking about?

Make up your mind about whose interest is served.

'greatest democracy..." drop the jingoistic b.s. who cares if israel looks better than iran/egypt/saudi/etc. when it comes to democracy. why the need to always lower the bar when it comes to israel?

Because the US cares...Israel is part of the club.

this isn't about caving in to enemies. this is about an obligation to do the right thing, which is to accept that the palestinians deserve a state of their own. you'd think the jews would feel a little more compassion and be more empathetic after what they went through. but to be fair, i don't want to generalize like that. a very large number do. just not the ones who control the government.

Must be those rockets landing in their bedrooms....just kills the mood.

oh c'mon bc2004. you really didn't have to turn into a turd.

Just how invested are you to your "cause" for world "justice"? Just sayin'.

That is just it. American politicians DON'T work in the self interest of the US. They work in the interest of Israel. They worry more about Israel than they do the American people.

i thought you knew how things work. this is not about america's self interest. this is about israel's self interest.

As long as AIPAC controls the GOP, it will always be that way.

Do I hear an echo?

Seriously, what's the romance with very unprogressive Palestinians. Women won't get to drive or vote, will have to cover their faces, and homosexuals will be persecuted. What's liberal about that?

I'm not sure I understand the thought behind this statement at all. You don't care at all about the outcome of the conflict, and yet your happiness requires that there is an outcome? If you don't care what the final deal is, why do you care whether or not there is a final deal?

I don't care who owns what land in the final deal, as long as both sides are satisfied with it and there's peace.