The Bible

betsy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What made you say that? When did I ever say that physics and chemistry are devil's works?

What's stellar metallicity, betsy. And how does it relate to our star and your Genesis myth?

Edited by DogOnPorch

Or another favorite...if the Universe is only 6000 years old...why can objects billions of light years away be seen?

So typical. Wasting time knocking on the wrong door! Missing the right one! Having problems aiming for the bull's eye! Coordination gone awry! :rolleyes:

What, you evolutionists evolved with this faulty mechanism?

Just look at most of the responses from you guys!

What happened??? I thought evolution is supposed to be for progression - not regression? :D

Of course you realize that you guys only provide the empirical evidence that supports one of the facts from the Bible - earth is deteriorating. Everything is wearing down - including aiming for the bull's eye!! Looks like that kind of deterioration starts with evolutionists! :lol::lol::lol:

Kidding aside, old earth....new earth....in my view, who cares how old the earth is! God is not saying we should believe the earth is 6000 years old.

God is saying we should believe He created everything!

And science continues to prove it to be true! Intelligent Design is the only valid theory - backed by empirical evidence - than all the flopsy-flipsy theories evolutionist scientists come up with!

Edited by betsy

What's stellar metallicity, betsy. And how does it relate to our star and your Genesis myth?

Quit thrashing about like a fish out of water. :rolleyes:

FACT: Nothing holds up Earth. It is affected by gravity.

FACT: The earth is round.

FACT: There is an incalculable number of stars.

FACT: Mountains and trenches in the deep blue sea.

FACT: Invisible atoms, the building blocks

FACT: Noah’s Ark and Ship Building

FACT: “Many of the great scientists of the past who founded and developed the key disciplines of science were creationists!”

FACT: A finished creation.

FACT: The universe is deteriorating

FACT: The Universe Must Have Had a Beginning

FACT:: Existence of ocean currents

FACT: SCIENCE REMAINS BAFFLED!

FACT: EXPANDING UNIVERSE

FACT: Hydrological Cycle or Water Cycle

FACT: PROPHECIES HAVE COME TRUE!

FACT:

EXPANDING UNIVERSE: Science uses the word, "STRETCHING/STRETCHES/STRETCHED!”

PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!

Address these issues!

Edited by betsy

A much better use of one's time than waiting for Jesus. He'd let everyone know via twitter, anyways.

Jesus_M_Christ on Twitter the week of Easter... comedy gold!

ie. "If I hear one more person ask me 'how's it hanging' this week, I'm going to lose it!"

Why is God hitting 'New Game' re: observed star/planet formation?

:lol:

As well...is God's image the same on a planet with higher or lower mass than Earth?

:D

Or another favorite...if the Universe is only 6000 years old...why can objects billions of light years away be seen?

I'm thoroughly enjoying this.

The Bible and Miss Cleo target the same audience.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this.

The Bible and Miss Cleo target the same audience.

You gotta wonder what bone kicks into action when betsy sees a fossil.

Noah's flood...obviously.

----

Bonam: Guess my Babylon 5 reference didn't register

Did she have a Cosmos moment during the show?

Edited by DogOnPorch

Quit thrashing about like a fish out of water. :rolleyes:

FACT: “Many of the great scientists of the past who founded and developed the key disciplines of science were creationists!”

FACT:

PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!

Address these issues!

You are committing the exact flaw that science hopes to avoid and skepticism constantly tries to bring people's attention to. You had the nerve to call Richard Dawkins a "pseudoscientist" when you are, by definition, doing pseudoscience here. You don't start with your conclusion first "the Bible is true" or "the Bible predicts scientific discoveries" and gather your evidence to prove it. What real science does is collect evidence and that points to the conclusions and speaks for itself. Just like any other "psychic" phenomenon, you don't take all the hits and say, "look! Psychic powers are real!" You do controlled experiments and take all of the hits with the misses.

I have no doubt this will be totally lost on you and you'll simply come back with your ignorant ramblings about disproving the expanding universe or atoms or that the earth is round, but I don't care. You need to stop spending so much time reading all of the crap on the internet that supports your hackneyed conclusions and actually read all of the evidence about the topics you discuss. Take the time to actually learn about evolution and the scientific method and you may actually find yourself enlightened.

FACT: Expression - "CURVATURE OF SPACE," still related to STRETCHING UNIVERSE

Actually, I excluded 3 passages from the Bible when I posted the EXPANDING UNIVERSE. Those three excluded Biblical passages did not use the descriptive word "stretches/stretched."

It was puzzling. I thought, what does it mean?

However this article gave it some meaning:

A new expression of gravity, "Space Curves" was introduced 100 years ago and has since been a famous and usable expression, specially for a pure geometric / mathematical understanding.

The main problem is that we don't know much about what space really is.

Our immediate impression is that space is nothing. How can 'nothing' curve?

To reach a deeper understanding of gravity, it is obvious that first of all we need to better understand how space plays a role in the gravity phenomena and if a force is really passing through it.

We dont have many options when it comes to better understanding space. The expression 'curvature of space' has not been able to take our understanding further in the last 100 years.

We know that space can expand so therefore it must also be able to contract. So we have 3 different properties of space:

Curvature

Expansion

Contraction

We simply don't know what 'curved space' really is. It seems improbable that space really would have several different and independent deforming properties.

http://www.science27.com/english/introduction1.html

If we want to understand the actual way that the universe functions, we need to find some way to incorporate Einstein's ideas into our mental picture and imagine space as a more complicated entity which is capable of doing things like "bending" and "stretching".

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/question.php?number=274

KEYWORD: CURVE; Curvature.

It makes sense that yes, this is also relevant to the Biblical description of creation.

He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness [was] under his feet.

Psalms 18:9

Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.

Psalms 144:5

He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness [was] under his feet.

2 Samuel 22:10

Edited by betsy

Betsy:

FACT:

You are committing the exact flaw that science hopes to avoid and skepticism constantly tries to bring people's attention to. You had the nerve to call Richard Dawkins a "pseudoscientist" when you are, by definition, doing pseudoscience here. You don't start with your conclusion first "the Bible is true" or "the Bible predicts scientific discoveries" and gather your evidence to prove it.What real science does is collect evidence and that points to the conclusions and speaks for itself.

Huh! :blink:

What are you on about now?

Do you have any problems with gravity? Shape of the earth? Atoms? Incalculable numbers of stars? Existence of sea currents? Mountains and trenches under the sea? Etc..,?

Will you read the facts you quoted and get your head straight!

Most of the facts posted started with a clear conclusion - discovered/concluded by SCIENCE!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.....it's like trying to make eye-contact with a head that keeps bobbing up and down and all around. :lol::lol::lol:

Bye-bye. Really.

Edited by betsy

You're starting with the conclusion that the Bible made correct predictions about these things and just using the science to go back and mine out quotes that are even vaguely similar. You're doing what people do after they visit a psychic. Looking at the vague statements made and connecting it to thing that happen in their lives. Just a few hundred years ago, people were saying the earth was flat and condemned Galileo for suggesting otherwise. That pile of bullshit was supported by the Bible too. You're working backwards from the conclusions about atoms, the round earth, etc. and finding the quotes in the Bible that support that. Pay attention, ffs. Your ignorance is frustrating.

Edited by cybercoma

You're starting with the conclusion that the Bible made correct predictions about these things and just using the science to go back and mine out quotes that are even vaguely similar.

Vaguely similar???

The description of the water cycle....the mountains under the sea....the accurate use of the word STRETCH in regards to the heavens on creation (which by the looks of it modern science had "plagiarized"!)....vaguely similar? :blink:

Moses (and the others) understood some science facts more than you do! :lol:

And you complain about large fonts! :rolleyes:

Perhaps for your benefit, I should also enlarge my Bible passage references? :D

You're doing what people do after they visit a psychic. Looking at the vague statements made and connecting it to thing that happen in their lives. Just a few hundred years ago, people were saying the earth was flat and condemned Galileo for suggesting otherwise. That pile of bullshit was supported by the Bible too. You're working backwards from the conclusions about atoms, the round earth, etc. and finding the quotes in the Bible that support that. Pay attention, ffs. Your ignorance is frustrating.

And obviously you're not reading at all! Or you don't understand what you read. Or worse, you perfectly understand but choose to ignore the obvious anyway.

So really, what's the point of addressing you? You're like the other guy in the other thread....there is no discussion with you. You've got major problems with reading....comprehension....and, getting on the right pages.

Large fonts and smiley faces annoy you? Too bad. The world doesn't revolve around you. Lots of options for you to do. Avoid my threads. Squint your eyes. Take a valium.

...just like I'm tempted to do dealing with you. But I'll pass on medication. I'll just try to ignore you.

UNLESS you deal , head-on, with the issues listed here! If you've got anything on them, be specific. Enough hot air! Enough senseless blabberings!

Put that money, or shall I say, that hot air, where your mouth is!

So let me just wish you a nice day, and a stress-free continuous reading with your cool tinted glasses.

Edited by betsy

Nice deflection, betsy. Let me know when you're ready to actually face the FACTS about your methodological shortcomings. I gave you a very specific and reasoned explanation why your biblical facts are bunk, but as usual you're just burying your head in the sand.

Nice deflection, betsy. Let me know when you're ready to actually face the FACTS about your methodological shortcomings. I gave you a very specific and reasoned explanation why your biblical facts are bunk, but as usual you're just burying your head in the sand.

That's being charitable. IMV betsy's head is buried somewhere far darker and less hygienic.