The Bible

betsy

The Bible is full of historic mythology...not so much with the science as betsy would have us believe.

What I've posted speak for themselves. Instead of just saying "no it's not true," why don't you deb-bunk what I've posted with your own evidence!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've explained the uniqueness of the Bible. See my response to Scouter Jim.

Furthermore, I've listed down science-proven facts which are in the Bible (and I am not through yet). With my researching of facts, I'd say I'm doing some elbow-greasing here. Actually as I've said in the OP, I'm learning too as I go along.

I throw to you the same challenge I've thrown to Scouter. Cite one ancient religion book (similar to the Bible) that speaks of creation/cosmology that has as many science-proven facts in it!

If you're still going to throw that same-old tired line about its similarities with other religion or belief - knowing what you know now, so far - then you better back it up with something! Otherwise it's just all hot air, knee-jerk reaction, irrational resistance, or to borrow WIP's term, pure "bombast."

You've mentioned that if we do want to find out we need some elbow-greasing. I assume that you too want to find out.

Are you reading and studying the Bible?

All the other followers think their holy books are special too. And you arent trying to "learn anything". You have a pre-determined conclusion that was installed in you by your parents when you were a small child, and now youre frantically googling for evidence to support it. Blindly swallowing the folklore in a book written by people who thought the world was flat aint elbow grease. :D

Iv read the new testament a few times btw...

Edited by dre

What I've posted speak for themselves. Instead of just saying "no it's not true," why don't you deb-bunk what I've posted with your own evidence!

"1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Where's the science in this statement keeping in mind our star is about 5 billion years old...a new kid on the block in terms of our galaxy...and the Universe.

I assume your already well familiar with Population I, II and III stars...but here's the 101 version just in case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallicity

Edited by DogOnPorch

3. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Day and night are, of course, caused by our globe spinning. Something the ancients of the Bible era didn't understand. Later passages of Genesis describe the creation of stars after our own planet. The Bible also has cattle being created at the same time as every other animal yet fails to mention the existence of dinosaurs and other forms of extinct life.

Edited by DogOnPorch

"1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Where's the science in this statement keeping in mind our star is about 5 billion years old...a new kid on the block in terms of our galaxy...and the Universe.

The universe is expressed in terms of time, space, matter, and energy.

Genesis chapter one reads:

“In the beginning (time) God created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter). Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Then God said, “Let there be light (energy).”

The first three verses of Genesis accurately states all known aspects of creation. No other creation account agrees with the observable evidence.

Edited by betsy

So that's a "No, DOP, I do not understand stellar metallicity, but will declare victory anyways."

:lol:

What it boils down to there, betsy, is that we weren't "created" first. Other stars exploded and died before ours was born out of their supernova remnants.

Edited by DogOnPorch

The Bible is full of historic mythology...not so much with the science as betsy would have us believe.

The problem with that statement is The Book of Josephus backs up events that happen in the New Testament during the time of Christ...

In fact,it's a secular book of the time...

It throws a serious wrench into the theory of those who would dismiss the New Testament as myth...

Just a recap folks of all the Bible statements posted so far - proven by science to be true!

Count 'em! (There are more to come btw!)

FACT: Nothing holds up Earth. It is affected by gravity.

FACT: The earth is round.

FACT: There is an incalculable number of stars.

FACT: Mountains and trenches in the deep blue sea.

FACT: Invisible atoms, the building blocks

FACT: Noah’s Ark and Ship Building

FACT: “Many of the great scientists of the past who founded and developed the key disciplines of science were creationists!”

FACT: A finished creation.

FACT: The universe is deteriorating

FACT: The Universe Must Have Had a Beginning

FACT:: Existence of ocean currents

FACT: SCIENCE REMAINS BAFFLED!

FACT: EXPANDING UNIVERSE

FACT: Hydrological Cycle or Water Cycle

FACT: PROPHECIES HAVE COME TRUE!

FACT:

EXPANDING UNIVERSE: Science uses the word, "STRETCHING/STRETCHES/STRETCHED!”

So those of you who keeps saying it isn't true, PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!

Debunk these listed facts!

Edited by betsy

The problem with that statement is The Book of Josephus backs up events that happen in the New Testament during the time of Christ...

In fact,it's a secular book of the time...

It throws a serious wrench into the theory of those who would dismiss the New Testament as myth...

Troy was found by reading the Illiad carefully. But do I believe in Apollo?

What is unique about iron on the periodic table, betsy?

I don't know if it's unique but iron symbol is FE???

They make pig iron in Cupola furnaces,which have been around since ancient Egypt??

It's a fairly simple apparatus actually...Most foundries utilize them...

Science proved archeologically the mundane facts hidden in the Illiad but science is now proving the super-mundane truths of God's creation!

In other words, in one case science is proving earthly truths, while in the other science is showing the truth of God's Word.

Intersting you mention Troy (Turkey)...

The Church at Ephesus still exists and Paul's Epistle to the Ephesians is a smaller book in the New Testament...

It also one of the seven letters to the seven churches in the Book of Revelation...

We have the Dead Sea Scrolls...We have the Book of Josephus...We have at least one Jewish "fictional" story about someone very similar to Jesus being mocked,insulted,and,blasphemed for claiming to be the Messiah...

What I'm saying is that there is a fair amount of corraburating (sp) evidence outside of the Bible that suggests more than a few of the key events actually happened....

Science proved archeologically the mundane facts hidden in the Illiad but science is now proving the super-mundane truths of God's creation!

In other words, in one case science is proving earthly truths, while in the other science is showing the truth of God's Word.

So...big day Saturday, hey?

Intersting you mention Troy (Turkey)...

The Church at Ephesus still exists and Paul's Epistle to the Ephesians is a smaller book in the New Testament...

It also one of the seven letters to the seven churches in the Book of Revelation...

We have the Dead Sea Scrolls...We have the Book of Josephus...We have at least one Jewish "fictional" story about someone very similar to Jesus being mocked,insulted,and,blasphemed for claiming to be the Messiah...

What I'm saying is that there is a fair amount of corraburating (sp) evidence outside of the Bible that suggests more than a few of the key events actually happened....

Hey...believe what yea may. I'm sure you're not like the betsy-types and going to claim physics and chemistry are the Devil's work.

Hey...believe what yea may. I'm sure you're not like the betsy-types and going to claim physics and chemistry are the Devil's work.

No..No I'm not...

Actually...I might be having a "big day" on Saturday...

If the weather holds....DRAG RACING!!!!

No..No I'm not...

Actually...I might be having a "big day" on Saturday...

If the weather holds....DRAG RACING!!!!

A much better use of one's time than waiting for Jesus. He'd let everyone know via twitter, anyways.