What is the most important election issue?

Election Issues  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Considering the issues during this election, which one for you stands out as the most important?

Err.. pretty much the only "issue" that's even come up noticeably has been the economy. Everything else in this election has just been about partisanship and how people perceive the parties and leaders and how the polls are trending.

whether the Reform Party Conservative Party deserve a majority.

I wish we still had the Reform Party for me to support. So I guess I will have to vote for the watered down Conservative Party.

I wish we still had the Reform Party for me to support. So I guess I will have to vote for the watered down Conservative Party.

I wish we still had the Progressive Conservative Party for me to support. Instead we only have the polluted Conservative Party.

I'll vote NDP.

Considering the issues during this election, which one for you stands out as the most important?

That is a tough question cybercoma. Right off the bat, jobs/economy come to mind, but this is indeed about whether we want a majority CPC government per battletoads. Pretty much everything else will fall somewhere in the middle with any party.

If we had a real fiscal conservative option, I would be inclinded to look a little more closely. But this CPC government and the LPC non-option at this point has me - has our entire family - looking at the NDP. That is, if you are going to spend, spending it on families is the message that rings the loudest and that includes healthcare, education, etc.

Right now the number one issue is keeping jack from destroying this country. I see he has handed off the cane, just like I predicted in another post ,that he will use the cane as prop and then just days before the election he throws it away. He is becoming a joke, but unfortunately we will to. I wonder what history will say about this election, when jack gets in and the greatest country in the world is ruined. Quebec breaks off, alberta leaves , BC become a asian country, and we in ONT have nothing because of what dalton did to us.

Edited by PIK

The number one issue is communications.

Our communications methods in Canada are currently in flux. Interactive new media and old media are causing changes in society which are magnifying the small changes in the political parties.

We need to engage with new media at all levels of government to improve collaboration, visibility into government operations, reduce expenses and to connect people to each other. That is number one. Everything else will fall in if that is addressed.

The number one issue is communications.

Our communications methods in Canada are currently in flux. Interactive new media and old media are causing changes in society which are magnifying the small changes in the political parties.

We need to engage with new media at all levels of government to improve collaboration, visibility into government operations, reduce expenses and to connect people to each other. That is number one. Everything else will fall in if that is addressed.

An important issue with little traction. If I understand things correctly, "new media" is being held up at the government level as it goes under accessibility revisions...

That's a great point that not enough people are talking about MH. I would also like to see something done about the absolutely ludicrous internet and cellphone fees that we're charged in this country. Our service to price ratio is out of whack compared to everywhere else.

fiscal constraint and democratic reform.

You know, when you think of some of their policies it wouldn't be a bad thing...

Reform of Parliament, reform of Senate, fiscal constraint and democratic reform and - referenda on major issues..

fiscal constraint and democratic reform.

You know, when you think of some of their policies it wouldn't be a bad thing...

Reform of Parliament, reform of Senate, fiscal constraint and democratic reform and - referenda on major issues..

The economy is the most important thing on the agenda. Canada has to keep it's head up abover water.

To me it's about integrity and respect for our democratic systems.

Lest anyone assume that's just 'following the party line' on the contempt of parliament ruling, A led to B, not the other way around. (And 'my party' is pretty much ABC.)

I was apalled at the appointment of David Emmerson; dismayed by the 'economic update' and outraged by the deception and excuse-making that followed it. 'Contempt' has been obvious from the day these guys were elected. I see them as being (extremely dishonest,) anti-parliamentary, and even fundamenatally anti-democratic.

I'd also like to see a lot more talk about our place in the world. Not just "The troops are all good boys." and "Those are sure some expensive planes, eh?", but what the heck are we doing in Libya? What exactly should our global role be, and does our current unquestioned willy-nilly action fit with that philosophy?"

I could say the economy and jobs are big, but I believe our current situation was built through decades of small-c conservatism. If it can be claimed by anyone, then it's folks of all parties who mostly retired 5 or more years ago. The Liberals can claim the Martin/Chretien years; the NDP can claim perfectly functional governments in Saskatchewan and Manitoba... and the CPC can claim an unanticipated $56B deficit, and the suggestion that catastrophic unemployment is a good 'buy' opportunity.

Have to say that the future of the public service is one of the more important issues for me. If Harper manages to win a majority, there's no telling what he might do - already, his mismanagement of resources is threatening to undermine the capacity of our public servants.

I attended a debate hosted by PIPSC on Tuesday night on the future of the public service in Canada - some very interesting issues were raised. For those in Ottawa, it's replaying on channel 22 this Saturday (the 30th) at 2pm. Might want to check out their website too - http://forthepublicgood.ca/ - lots of interesting info about the work public servants do for us.

Fiscal restraint, management of programs, and democratic institutions - these are all communication issues at heart.

If the government, for example, communicated the costs of programs and promised programs in a way that people could understand the implications then we'd have a better knowledge base for the public to approve such programs.

Fiscal restraint, management of programs, and democratic institutions - these are all communication issues at heart.

If the government, for example, communicated the costs of programs and promised programs in a way that people could understand the implications then we'd have a better knowledge base for the public to approve such programs.

which brought down the government in contempt...a deliberate attempt to not inform parliament...

I believe the most important issue is make politicians be able to think of others, think of the people that need to help, think of the people that are suffering in various bad situations, instead of think of the interest of its own party or the interest of the lobby only.

I believe the most important issue is make politicians be able to think of others, think of the people that need to help, think of the people that are suffering in various bad situations, instead of think of the interest of its own party or the interest of the lobby only.

All we need is a "good personality ray" that we shoot at the MP after they get elected to make them "good hearted". I'll get started on it.