game of thrones

blueblood

If Cersei dies, I think Arya can handle that job, I guess Jamie becomes the next King. He's not part of the King's guard anymore and all "Baratheon's" are dead except Gendry still rowing but the Queen now goes by the name Lannister so the relevance of the Baratheon name is moot. They should actually even get rid of the Stag from the the opening credits, that House is as powerful as House Bolton now and House Frey now.

House Baratheon -- extinct (Gendry, and whatever other bastards Robert might have sired, would be "Storm", not Baratheon.)

House Martell -- extinct?

House Tyrell -- dies when Olenna does.

House Targaryen -- no male heirs, and I recall somebody saying Dany is being left infertile by the events of season 1.

House Tully -- Edmure is still alive, if he ever gets out of jail...

House Stark -- only surviving male heir is a paraplegic who lives in a tree. Is he physically capable of fathering children?

House Lannister -- Jaime could still father children, but he wouldn't marry someone who isn't Cersei, would he? Tyrion could marry and his children would probably become the legal heirs to Casterly Rock.

-k

House Targaryen -- no male heirs, and I recall somebody saying Dany is being left infertile by the events of season 1.

Jon Targaryen.

House Stark -- only surviving male heir is a paraplegic who lives in a tree. Is he physically capable of fathering children?

Paraplegics have been parents in the past.

House Arryn still has a living male heir.

That must be temporary as he is both nuts and annoying.

Loved the little looks Jamie was exchanging the serving girl..... hmmmmm. what is it about her that troubles me.....?

Last time we saw Arya, she was adamant about going home to Winterfell. She didn't mention she'd stop in to say 'howdy' the the Freys. She is definitely better to have as a friend than as an enemy.

Another fine scene: Oleanna briskly informing the younger SandSnakes of their place in the universe, which in her mind was lower than whale shit.

Another fine scene that had us shedding a small tear: Dany telling Tyrion that she was making him Hand of the Queen.

It does not look good for the Lannisters at all. Everybody hates them. I doubt they will last long enough to repay their debts.

Summary: I was a bit worried about the quality of writing once the scripts had to leave the books. Not any more. This is a very well written and directed series. Downside: waiting a year for more.

Biggest winners in the finale were the orphans. I'm sure they will be rewarded with many sweets.

Forget dragons, what you need to win wars are a bunch of orphans on a sugar high.

Those orphans need an agent. Trading information for candy wasn't too bad, but killing old men for sugarplums? A job like that should pay serious coin...the kind with dragons on it. Profiting off of local hoodlums seems like a business Petyr Baelish would be interested in.

"Oh, yes. You will be Queen. For a time...until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast down and take all that you hold dear."

Margaery was queen and took Cersei's son and last living child. At one point Cersei would have listed her children as what she holds most dear, but they are gone. So the prophecy was likely fulfilled at that point. However, she has the title of Queen again and Danaerys who is younger and more beautiful is on the way to take anything Cersei has left. Margaery and Danaerys. both younger and more beautiful, could share a role in Cerse's prophecy. Though, Sansa could also end up being a queen of some sort going forward and she unwittingly played a role in the death of Joff. It's also possible that she will play a more active role in death of Cersei. Maybe it will prove to be a trifecta of young, pretty queens that completely take her out.

Since the popularity of the idea for a Clegane Bowl was high, I could see a scenario where Arya goes to King's Landing to try and kill the Queen. But she ends up getting captured and has to strand trial.

I'm sure the Brother's Without Banners would align with the Starks and Cersei would use the fact that she now has Arya to her advantage. Sorta like Ramsay did with Rickon.

The Hound is with the the Brotherhood and with his affinity to Arya, he may go South to try and save her through a Trial by Combat.

Edited by Boges

Arya is in the Riverlands, where she last saw Nymeria. In the books, Nymeria leads a pack of wolves in the Riverlands and actually plays a role in helping Brynden Tully escape. Like Bran, Arya is also a Warg but doesn't know that her dreams of leading a wolf pack aren't just dreams. I bet the wolf will make an appearance and help Arya in some way while she is still in the Riverlands.

So I heard people on a podcast talking about Bran and what purpose he'll serve, other than being the true rightful heir to Winterfell.

Benjen/Cold Hands confirmed that the reason the Knight's King hasn't attacked yet was that the wall has magic built in to keep the dead out.

Bran is obviously heading back south, but has a mark when the Knight's King touched him in a vision. Crossing into the south with that kind of wound could end up bringing the wall South.

Also in the coming conflict between the North and Dany's forces in the South it'll be pretty pwn if Bran Warg's into a Dragon.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can hardly wait. Ā I also find it good news that theĀ showrunners are wrapping it up next season. Ā It must have been tempting to keep milking that cow.. Ā Others should take the hint, Walking Dead first and foremost. Ā It is getting boring and repetitive.

Ā 

Also cannot wait for S2 of Westworld.

• 3 weeks later...

Jon Snow fights the Wights with Beric, Hound and the rest of the Brothers Without Banners. . . Why?Ā Doesn't the wall exist to protect the realm from exactly that?Ā 

Jon's stance as King of the North is pretty flimsy, especially with Bran returning to Winterfell. He was bailed out of the Battle of the Bastards by the Knights of the Vale and clearly their leader wants Sansa to rule. The trailer indicates Sansa is going to become somewhat of a Heel going forward.Ā 

Battle between the Unsullied and Lannisters with Jamie and BronĀ leading the Lannisters is bittersweet. Can't have Bron die at the hands of the Unsullied, can we?Ā 

Also from the Trailer, we have Brienne and Pod in Lannister gear, why's that? Does she leave the side of Sansa and take up arms for Jamie?Ā 

Ā 

On 6 June, 2017 at 4:45 PM, overthere said:

I can hardly wait. Ā I also find it good news that theĀ showrunners are wrapping it up next season. Ā It must have been tempting to keep milking that cow.. Ā Others should take the hint, Walking Dead first and foremost. Ā It is getting boring and repetitive.

Ā 

Also cannot wait for S2 of Westworld.

8 Seasons, just like Walking Dead?

I think Walking Dead can finish up after the upcoming battle with Negan is over (The comics take a huge turn in another direction after that) but it's still the most popular show in cable.Ā 

These two shortened seasons make sense because they won't have to pay actors for 10 episodes but spend the same money with actual real battles. I suspect there will be no filler episodes in the remaining 13 Episodes.Ā 

On 6/26/2017 at 2:58 PM, Boges said:

8 Seasons, just like Walking Dead?

I think Walking Dead can finish up after the upcoming battle with Negan is over (The comics take a huge turn in another direction after that) but it's still the most popular show in cable.Ā 

These two shortened seasons make sense because they won't have to pay actors for 10 episodes but spend the same money with actual real battles. I suspect there will be no filler episodes in the remaining 13 Episodes.Ā 

I really hope so, Walking Dead has been repeating itself for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably the only person who pays for HBO, meaning I actually saw GoT last night.Ā 

"Shall we begin?"

Arya and Ed Sheeran? Would have been so much better if she killed him. HoweverĀ that the nicest group of Lannister soldiers in the history of Westeros.Ā I guess Faceless men technology is 100% portable. No only can you bring faces with you, but you can turn new dead people into identities you can take. Arya is basically a shape-shifter now.Ā 

That Sam, Chamber Pot/Soup montage is perhaps the most disgusting thing I've seen on this show.Ā 

Cersei and Euron deserve eachother

Sansa wasĀ wrong there. Don't kill the Ombre and Carstark kin, they're just kids. And is it practice in the North to name your kids after Starks? Ned Ombre? Lyanna Mormont?Ā 

They didn't make Dragonstone a fraction as cool as that when Stannis was in charge.Ā 

I suspect that silver that Hound stole from that father and daughter wouldn't have saved them. Nice scene having him and Thoros burying them though.Ā 

Jamie says Cersei controls 3 kingdoms at best. Westerlands, Riverlands, Stormlands? Doesn't control the Stormlands now that Dragonstone is Danny's. I guess she technically rules the Iron Islands now, BUT with the Frey's gone the Riverlands are up for grabs.Ā 

Euron really made those 1,000 ships fast.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Boges

This episode seemed to me a littleĀ low-key, setting up for the rest of the season I guess. Ā  Sansa has certainly changed from the giddy girl she was, and Cersei has tipped over into some kind of insanity. Ā Looks like Briana has a special 'friend'Ā and what is Bran Stark up to? Ā As usual, the episode ended before I was ready. Ā  I pay too, sign up to HBO very year for 3 months just for GOT. :)

Ā 

Premieres rarely have anything super important. The complete removal of the Frey family is pretty important though. Also the Euron reveal is significant. The scene with Greyjoy ships approaching King's Landing in the trailer hinted at an attack by Yara and Theon. But no, Euron is the only ally of the Crown now.Ā