Federal Election Polls

Ignatieff quickly convinced me to go back to supporting them.

Smallc, an honest and serious question from a fellow Winnipeger, mind telling me exactly how Ignatieff managed to do that?

Here's my "take" on Ignatieff and the CURRENT Liberal party policies...

http://www.liberal.ca/platform/the-economy/fiscal-policy/

ie -

Deficit Reduction

Our plan begins with a commitment to a strong fiscal anchor.

A Liberal government will commit to reducing the deficit to one percent of GDP within two years, down from 3.6 percent in 2009-10. We will set subsequent, rolling targets to continue decreasing the deficit every year after that until the country is returned to surplus. Unless Canada is faced with an unexpected second recession, all fiscal planning will be consistent with this anchor.

Competitive and Affordable Tax Rates

A new Liberal government will implement two measures to make our tax system fairer and preserve revenues. The funds from these measures will support a prudent plan for eliminating the deficit and several investments in the priorities of middle-class families that will also have long-term benefits for our economy.

Spending Discipline

The Liberal Platform will cost less overall than the course the Harper government is on. That difference will allow for an ample Prudence Reserve, as described above.

This platform identifies all the funds needed to pay for all its new initiatives, without adding to the deficit. For example, we will:

Why not check out what Ignatieff and the Liberal Party really stand for? Wouldn't that be the really smart and prudent thing for anyone to do before making up one's mind?

As a true fiscally conservative minded centrist Liberal where the actions and ethics of ELECTED MPs and APPOINTED Senators matters most to me in my party choice, I could never consider voting for Harper and his corrupt anti-Canadian, pro-elitist, USA ubber alles, agenda...

How can you?

You've made some good and honest posts that I've read that certainly don't "fit" well with what Harper has done and is planning to do so please tell why you support him and the CURRENT CPC?

Any links you can provide to show me (pro CPC/Harper not anti-Liberal, I've seen plenty of those and am NOT impressed)) why you do would also be appreciated for comparison...

Nanos daily tracking: April 4/2001:

Tories enter second week with commanding 14-point lead

Conservative - 42.3

Liberal - 28.4

NDP - 16.4

Bloc - 8.0

Green - 3.8

http://www.nanosresearch.com/election2011/20110403-BallotE.pdf

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/tories-enter-second-week-with-commanding-14-point-lead/article1969494/

What the Hell is wrong with people? God, time to start lookin for apartments in downtown Tripoli.

What the Hell is wrong with people? God, time to start lookin for apartments in downtown Tripoli.

Stay cool my friend, it's still early, I don't even know who my Liberal candidate is yet, nevermind getting any election literature or signs...

Only incumbants are rolling yet and that skews the polls a lot at this point (I sure hope)...

Then there's the "media" that is so "balanced" it gives Harper "equal TIME" by spliting the "opposition TIME" into 3 (4 if you count May) so that each of "the opposition" gets 1/3 the "face TIME" Harper gets to get a message out... Another "problem" beyond Ignatieff's control is the "media" following any direction for this election that Harper sets, like the "coalition" crap, and anything else Harper "directs" for that matter... True "journalism" has died an ignoble death...

There's also the "brain washing" effect of two years of seeing Ignatieff disparaged by the Harper attack ads and the public being TOLD how great Canada is doing compared to the rest of the world...

It will all come down to whether or not Ignatieff has a solid "right hook" (economic plan) to follow up the fairly effective "left jab" (social plan) that he's displayed so far, followed by a devastating "upper cut" (better future for Canada) to put Harper and his gang of thieves out for the count...

How appathetic and stupid Canadians really are has yet to be determined... ;)

It's starting to get interesting. The Liberals have veered so far to the Left in trying to get NDP votes that they are starting to lose their centrist constituency (they are the apathetic ones you speak of) - that's where the upswing in Conservative voters is coming from. But I think what you are going to see is Jack Layton come out swinging against Ignatieff to protect his own turf. Our smiley Mr. Ignatieff V2.0 might soon feel like a pinada being punched from both sides. Go get 'im Jack.

It's starting to get interesting. The Liberals have veered so far to the Left in trying to get NDP votes that they are starting to lose their centrist constituency (they are the apathetic ones you speak of) - that's where the upswing in Conservative voters is coming from. But I think what you are going to see is Jack Layton come out swinging against Ignatieff to protect his own turf. Our smiley Mr. Ignatieff V2.0 might soon feel like a pinada being punched from both sides. Go get 'im Jack.

That depends on a read of the situation. To my mind, I think there's a strategic shift by left-centre voters towards the Liberals, which means this doesn't in and of itself have a lot to do with policy per se.

Didn't I just say that?

- It will all come down to whether or not Ignatieff has a solid "right hook" (economic plan) to follow up the fairly effective "left jab" (social plan) that he's displayed so far, followed by a devastating "upper cut" (better future for Canada) to put Harper and his gang of thieves out for the count... -

As for "I say and attack anyone and anything to gain another meaningless seat" Jack, why would this election be any different? :unsure:

Why not check out what Ignatieff and the Liberal Party really stand for? Wouldn't that be the really smart and prudent thing for anyone to do before making up one's mind?

Because I don't want billions wasted on some of the things they're talking about. I don't want higher corporate taxes. I don't want less spending on the military. Do I think Harper is perfect? No. Do I think he's better than Ignatieff? Yes.

Stay cool my friend, it's still early, I don't even know who my Liberal candidate is yet, nevermind getting any election literature or signs...

Only incumbants are rolling yet and that skews the polls a lot at this point (I sure hope)...

Then there's the "media" that is so "balanced" it gives Harper "equal TIME" by spliting the "opposition TIME" into 3 (4 if you count May) so that each of "the opposition" gets 1/3 the "face TIME" Harper gets to get a message out... Another "problem" beyond Ignatieff's control is the "media" following any direction for this election that Harper sets, like the "coalition" crap, and anything else Harper "directs" for that matter... True "journalism" has died an ignoble death...

There's also the "brain washing" effect of two years of seeing Ignatieff disparaged by the Harper attack ads and the public being TOLD how great Canada is doing compared to the rest of the world...

It will all come down to whether or not Ignatieff has a solid "right hook" (economic plan) to follow up the fairly effective "left jab" (social plan) that he's displayed so far, followed by a devastating "upper cut" (better future for Canada) to put Harper and his gang of thieves out for the count...

Sadly Whizzer...

This is alot of wishful thinking...

This thing is OVAH!!!

The question is how safe the Conservative majority will be,and if it is,what should we all "look forward to" with Mr. Harper and his merry band of Reformers and Ontario Harrisites in an unchecked majority situation...

By the way,your Boxing analogy makes no sense..

One never leads with a hook...EVER...

The question is how safe the Conservative majority will be,and if it is,what should we all "look forward to" with Mr. Harper and his merry band of Reformers and Ontario Harrisites in an unchecked majority situation...

Probably a bit more than most centrists and left-of-centre types would want, and considerably less than out-and-out right wingers types would want.

Probably a bit more than most centrists and left-of-centre types would want, and considerably less than out-and-out right wingers types would want.

I don't know....

I see those Harrisites in key positions and folks like Vic Toews and Rob Nicholson in key positions and I don't think there's going to be alot of restraint...

I hope I'm wrong,though...

I don't know....

I see those Harrisites in key positions and folks like Vic Toews and Rob Nicholson in key positions and I don't think there's going to be alot of restraint...

I hope I'm wrong,though...

If Harper allows some of his ministers to go over the top he'll risk everything he has spent the last decade building. Harper is not an idiot. He wants to maintain the Conservative party is a viable governing party, not break it to pieces because some of his ministers are ideologues.

Didn't I just say that?

No, you didn't. This has nothing to do with the Conservatives. I said that if the Liberals actually succeed in attracting NDP votes (still not definite), Layton will have no choice but to attack Ignatieff. How he will do that remains to be seen but if Jack decides to say "you can't trust Ignatieff", Mr. Ignatieff will be in worse trouble than he is now. Regardless, Mr. Layton will have to defend his home turf directly against the Liberals. Very interesting.

If Harper allows some of his ministers to go over the top he'll risk everything he has spent the last decade building. Harper is not an idiot. He wants to maintain the Conservative party is a viable governing party, not break it to pieces because some of his ministers are ideologues.

That's if one assumes that a leopard can change his spots and Mr. Harper is not an ideologue himself anymore...

I'm not convinced...

Edited by Jack Weber

Can't believe anyone in NS would still be a Liberal after Iggy promised today to take the Lower Church Hill through Quebec instead of NS. Killing thousands of good paying jobs in NS. You really do hate your province don't you?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/bound-for-newfoundland-ignatieff-hedges-on-lower-churchill-deal/article1969761/

Honest to God, the Liberal party is doomed, and I hope they lose this election badly.

Its not good when the red tory types are nowhere to be seen. Where's Martin, Manley, McCallum?

I think there is a situation going on in the liberal party where a purge has either happened or is going to happen.

Sadly Whizzer...

This is alot of wishful thinking...

This thing is OVAH!!!

By the way,your Boxing analogy makes no sense..

One never leads with a hook...EVER...

:D;)

Read it again my delusional stripped yellow pussy cat loving friend...

So far I said it's just been "left jabs" (the "lead"), and it has had the desired affect, perfect to set up a "right cross" (say about debate TIME), to be closely followed with a few more "left jabs" and then a powerful right "uppercut" (the week before the election) to the base of the chin to put Harper out...

I WON most of my bouts that way, but it's not the only way... ;)

So far I said it's just been "left jabs" (the "lead"), and it has had the desired affect, perfect to set up a "right cross" (say about debate TIME), to be closely followed with a few more "left jabs" and then a powerful right "uppercut" (the week before the election) to the base of the chin to put Harper out...

It looks like your proverbial pugilist is fighting thin air, because his opponent is already leaving the stadium with the title.

"Float like a butterfly, sting like... hey, wheredahell did he go?"

Edited by ToadBrother

No, you didn't. This has nothing to do with the Conservatives. I said that if the Liberals actually succeed in attracting NDP votes (still not definite), Layton will have no choice but to attack Ignatieff. How he will do that remains to be seen but if Jack decides to say "you can't trust Ignatieff", Mr. Ignatieff will be in worse trouble than he is now. Regardless, Mr. Layton will have to defend his home turf directly against the Liberals. Very interesting.

Yes I did, don't know how you missed it, I said >

- As for "I say and attack anyone and anything to gain another meaningless seat" Jack, why would this election be any different? :unsure: -

I'm afraid the current version of the Liberal Party is more Slapsie Maxie Rosenbloom than Joe Louis...

In otherwords...It could'nt break and eggshell with a sledgehammer...

Lucky us..A decade of Harperism...

;)

It looks like your proverbial pugilist is fighting thin air, because his opponent is already leaving the stadium with the title.

"Float like a butterfly, sting like... hey, wheredahell did he go?"

:lol:

Man o man, speaking of Casius/Mohammed, you gotta love the "rope a dope" where a lot people think it's all over but the crying way before the END of the fight, eh...

(pssst, you might wanna look up "rope a dope" to see who won... B) ) ;)

;)

Man o man, speaking of Casius/Mohammed, you gotta love the "rope a dope" where a lot people think it's all over but the crying way before the END of the fight, eh...

The Tories are sitting at somewhere around 42% right now, 12 points ahead of the Liberals. The Liberals had little chance at the beginning of the election, now it's beginning to look a lot like a Tory majority with a distant second Liberal opposition.

Of course, things can change, but it's not like the Liberals went into this in a position of strength.

;)

I know who won...

This ai'nt Zaire and this ain't 1974...

This reminds me more of 1984...Hearns(Cons) vs Duran(Libs)...

It looked good on paper,then it really happened...Not such a good result for Duran...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DvPFKii9-A

It took this type of beating to force Duran to get back in shape to get back to the top!!!

The Tories are sitting at somewhere around 42% right now, 12 points ahead of the Liberals.

14 Actually. The only problem for the Conservatives is that their Ontario lead is evaporating as a result of the fact that the Liberal numbers are going up in Ontario.