harper is an embarrassment

bud

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he has gone out of his way to support mubarak, a dictator, as opposed to showing support for the people of egypt and democracy.

israel has way too much influence over harper.

this is another example why canada lost a seat in the UN. harper is failing us and ruining our image internationally.

Embarrassment and "ruining our image internationally"

is to start sentence and all names in lower case.

Sometimes I wonder bloody.

Wonder no longer. Most anti-semitism comes not from the political Left:

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=3833

But from the political Right:

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2535

Just look at what is being said in the second link--from some quite prominent people--and then try to discover similar remarks from the Left.

No doubt a few exist, here and there. But I don't think it's anywhere near the same scale.

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=3833

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2535

Just look at what is being said in the second link--from some quite prominent people--and then try to discover similar remarks from the Left.

No doubt a few exist, here and there. But I don't think it's anywhere near the same scale.

How about our liberal universities and their anti isreal days they like to have ,where they even get to torment the jewish students, and that is not the right, that is the left. Edited by PIK

How about our liberal universities and their anti isreal days they like to have ,where they even get to torment the jewish students, and that is not the right, that is the left.

Protests and criticisms of Israel aren't "anti-Israel", any more than other protests have been "anti-Palestinian" or "anti-Iranian" or "anti-Chinese" or what have you.

And they're certainly not "anti-semitic."

Any harrassment of Jewish students, done because they're Jewish, sure sounds anti-semitic to me. But that's not "the left," or "the liberals." That's a few unruly students.

Another thing bloody, IMO gays would be more left then right , maybe I am wrong, but any way, you have this group queers against isreal apartied, how dumb is that ,they only place in the middle east where a gay person can live in peace is ...........you got it isreal and if these members went anywhere else in the middle east is it game over.

Protests and criticisms of Israel aren't "anti-Israel", any more than other protests have been "anti-Palestinian" or "anti-Iranian" or "anti-Chinese" or what have you.

And they're certainly not "anti-semitic."

Any harrassment of Jewish students, done because they're Jewish, sure sounds anti-semitic to me. But that's not "the left," or "the liberals." That's a few unruly students.

Well you better read up on it and see what really goes on and sorry to break the news but it is more then a handful of unruly students.

Another thing bloody, IMO gays would be more left then right , maybe I am wrong, but any way, you have this group queers against isreal apartied, how dumb is that ,they only place in the middle east where a gay person can live in peace is ...........you got it isreal and if these members went anywhere else in the middle east is it game over.

Yes, of course they're aware of this. But protesting the bad behaviour of us and our allies is a lot more useful than protesting the bad behaviour of others. Those protests might be right, but they have no practical value.

I'd prefer something a little more focussed than a site I never visit, to which, presumably, I'm supposed to perform a lengthy perusal.

(Scratch that: I visited once, but decided that a site featuring so much agreement would get boring quite quickly...so I didn't bother joining.)

Where's all the anti-semitism?

I offered concrete examples of anti-semitism from the mainstream American Right.

Edited by bloodyminded

he has gone out of his way to support mubarak, a dictator, as opposed to showing support for the people of egypt and democracy.

israel has way too much influence over harper.

this is another example why canada lost a seat in the UN. harper is failing us and ruining our image internationally.

Israel does not influence Harper - and Harper is NOT an embarrassment..He is to much of a non-entity to be an embarassment---there is a nothingness about the man...He just does what he is told and is happy to comply...as for Mubarak...He is the rich status quo - and our rich status quo support all others who are of the same privledged class...at least the rich in the world are loyal to each other were as we are not.

Indians are the political Right? Long live Chief Ahenakew!

....Oops, I think he croaked.

Speaking of Right.

http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm

Edited by Saipan

The point is that Harper's stance on democracy is not based on "principle," which is what I was arguing.

You evidently agree.

It would be idiotic if it was 100% principle. I'm sure he'd prefer Egypt to be free and democratic. But one also has to weight Canada's best interest, the Middle East's best interest, and the reality of the history and situation of the country. You sound like a neo-con. I'm glad he doesn't.