Raising the US debt ceiling

How does a huge super power incure such disasterous debt? There is only one answer to that - It is that the officals have no respect for the common tax payer...and there is "taxation without representation" - The representatives from all the states simply were asleep at the switch - It is as if a woman comes home and opens the mail - It is a letter from the credit card company saying that she owes a million bucks and the interest is such that the debt can never be paid off....Then that woman finds out that her husband has been spending like a drunken sailor for years...This husband ironically always said..."Honey don't worry I am a good and diligent manager of our finances....don't worry - everything is under control - trust me".............well the husband (governement) was getting drunk every night and tossing the statements into the trash as if the debt never existed - Why are the American leaders surprised over this fiscal tradgedy? Where were the managers of American wealth?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only one kind of real law...as for man made legalism and the foolish dance it enduces on the participants...sometimes you have to put legalism aside and look at the black and white of it all - Did this character suck the life out of young people? Did he commit fraud (to take something of value through deception)? I would say that this creep is wasting the courts time - So called rule of law is useless when it is not based on right or wrong. Was it harmful (wrong) in what he did? It most certainly was....and I will repeat the one damning statement that was made to me by a lawyer (legalist) "It may be immoral (wrong) but it is legal". This is the problem that we have today that there are no more judges that deal in judgement of what is good and what is bad - This is a case of the human right to life..when a young person is interfered with sexually or made dupe in any manner - this removes the persons ablity to be happy and to have a full life - this guy is a soul stealer...

He believes he is above man's law and in his inner core he also believes he is above God's law...what does this make this man in the classic sense contained in this narrative? I would consider him and class him as a demon - why we feed demons and give them strength through our modern sytem is beyound me - What this points to is that a type of rule of law has evolved- or shall I say de-evolved. When the courts facilitate evil - that means they are inept and obsolete - This fact must be faced...For instance when a gang banger is caught with a gun - He makes bail...why? His intent is to kill...Yet the courts release these hounds to cause more mayhem - It might be on purpose...perversion in the legal system is now the norm.

The prosecution has rested its case and now Jeff's has decided to present his response. Yesterday he introduced the Book of Mormon into evidence and called his first witness. It appears he intends to use this document to butress his argument that his actions are in keeping with views contained in Book of Mormon. It should be noted that the evidence led by the prosecution has established that while he was having sex with a minor there were both adults and minors present watching this event unfold.

I think you have missed the point of this trial. The primary purpose of this prosecution is to establish a breach of statutory law in relation to his sexual conduct with minors. Surely you aren't suggesting that Jeffs or for that matter any other member of this cult should act with impunity.

Edited by pinko

The prosecution has rested its case and now Jeff's has decided to present his response. Yesterday he introduced the Book of Mormon into evidence and called his first witness. It appears he intends to use this document to butress his argument that his actions are in keeping with views contained in Book of Mormon. It should be noted that the evidence led by the prosecution has established that while he was having sex with a minor there were both adults and minors present watching this event unfold.

I think you have missed the point of this trial. The primary purpose of this prosecution is to establish a breach of statutory law in relation to his sexual conduct with minors. Surely you aren't suggesting that Jeffs or for that matter any other member of this cult should act with impunity.

I never suggested that - evidently you just have. The Book Of Mormon -- is a fanciful creation that describes a new testimontal Christ figure that appeared in North America in the form of some sort of allien from beyound - stangely they insert old testimonial accounts of polyagamy. Which makes no sense seeing that their so-called religion was based on a New Testimoninal character.

Presenting the Book Of Mormon is like justifying the murder of a husband by and interloper - such as the story of King David - who had Bathsheebas husband killed so he could have sex with her...Just because it is in a book does not make it good or legal....BUT for some strange reason people do not understand that some scripture is just a record of bad human behaviour...not to be copied....as in the case of King David - why would you make such a man a historical hero - he was a murderous and coveting bastard.

Having spewed that - this Jeff character is simply a lunitic...who reminds me of a couple I know who said to a judge that their breed of dog does not bite people - "We looked it up on the internet and our dog is not dangerous" - what a joke - we all know what is moral and what is right and do not need some book that is NOT a guide book to good living - but some sort of historical account of good and evil.

looks like the markets aren't responding too well today, lets wait to see how many jobs the US added to see if there will be another large sell off tomorrow. I think it will only be a matter or weeks or months before some form of QE3 is announced.

On the other hand, the US dollar is soaring today. The reality is currencies and stocks bounce up and down on a daily basis. You need a longer period than a day to conclude that there's any trend.

On the other hand, the US dollar is soaring today. The reality is currencies and stocks bounce up and down on a daily basis. You need a longer period than a day to conclude that there's any trend.

Alright, i guess time will tell. Also, the US dollar is the worlds carry trade currency so it will see initial strength in the event of an economic downturn, people will need to buy dollars to pay off their dollar based debts.

I guess the point is moot...US debt ceiling has been raised, and it will be raised again.

Until you get a government in there which has the balls to tell Americans they need to pay for the services they want.

I guess the point is moot...US debt ceiling has been raised, and it will be raised again.

This was all caused by people not doing their job - If America were a private estate and the stake holders took a look at the books - and to their surprise saw that they were broke and trillions of dollars in debt - the stake holders would take the managers of that estate out back and hang them.

Again I repeat - great debt and constant and endless borrowing means one thing - horrific management. Any buisness or home that has the problem that America Inc. has - would get rid of all the people who could not keep a straight set of books- where is the great mystery here? It is simple - the politically privledged believe that the nation of common Americans are simply slaves..and the property of the so called rich ----------for instance the debt to China is akin to the selling of millions of American slaves who will carry the burden...One slave nation trading slaves with another - shame on the America leadership past and present for the re-embraceing of slavery as a way to maintain a sick and lazy status quo.

Guest American Woman

Until you get a government in there which has the balls to tell Americans they need to pay for the services they want.

The Americans elect their government............. :unsure:

Edited by American Woman

The Americans elect their government............. :unsure:

Yah but once elected..they actually have to do some work, don't they? Looks like nobody was doing their job - maybe you need a strong man president...someone with the force of personality and spirit - to make sure your elected officals work for the people instead of hang out smiling and bickering- Obama has a nice personality but is NOT a strong man - as we say in Canadian media -"Obama is not a serious person" -

Guest American Woman

Yah but once elected..they actually have to do some work, don't they? Looks like nobody was doing their job - maybe you need a strong man president...someone with the force of personality and spirit - to make sure your elected officals work for the people instead of hang out smiling and bickering- Obama has a nice personality but is NOT a strong man - as we say in Canadian media -"Obama is not a serious person" -

You're missing the point of my comment in regards to the post I was responding to.

As for your comment about Obama, Canadians loved Obama. The Canadian media loved Obama. Same as the rest of the world. I dare say the rest of the world loved Obama more than Americans did. Yet that's now what you say in the Canadian media, eh?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by American Woman

As for your comment about Obama, Canadians loved Obama. The Canadian media loved Obama. Same as the rest of the world....

How soon some of them forget....fickle bunch. I remember a poll that found 15% of Canadians would forfeit their own domestic vote to participate in the 2008 US federal election. Fast forward two years...and Obama fever is over! ;)

Guest American Woman

How soon some of them forget....fickle bunch. I remember a poll that found 15% of Canadians would forfeit their own domestic vote to participate in the 2008 US federal election. Fast forward two years...and Obama fever is over! ;)

Not only is Obama fever over, but apparently Americans were stupid for electing him. I remember the good ol' "we don't hate America, we hate Bush and company" days. Now I see we can just fill-in-the-blank with the current president, regardless......

The problems go far beyond just "Obama". Big business, Wall Street, and other interests control the President and the vast majority of Congress. They pay for the campaigns, they mobilize interested voters, they are filled with former members of US gov + current members of the US gov formerly worked for them = ownage.

In other news: U.S. credit rating downgraded by Standard & Poor's

Credit rating agency Standard & Poor's on Friday downgraded the U.S. credit rating for the first time in the history of the ratings.

The credit rating agency said that it is cutting the country's top triple-A rating by one notch to AA-plus. The credit agency said that it is making the move because the deficit reduction plan passed by Congress on Tuesday did not go far enough to stabilize the country's debt situation.

Lovely, just lovely.

Not only is Obama fever over, but apparently Americans were stupid for electing him. I remember the good ol' "we don't hate America, we hate Bush and company" days. Now I see we can just fill-in-the-blank with the current president, regardless......

How surprising that Canadians would be fickle about their approval of another country's leader.

And how's Obama's approval rating doing? Only those crazy fickle Canadians change their minds. :lol:

Edited by CPCFTW

In other news: U.S. credit rating downgraded by Standard & Poor's

Lovely, just lovely.

Other credit agencies have maintained the AAA rating for now. That being said, its time for lower credit ratings. The anomalously low interest rates that have prevailed for the last few years are not sustainable and need to go up. Borrowing needs to have a real cost.