The crisis in Egypt

GostHacked

:D

Goes to show there are BIG differences between Aliens just as there are between humans... :blink:

One thing I know for sure...that earth is my home and I own the place- any invaders that have arrive to plunder my planet can take a hike....I have one regret..that I have not seen the whole world..it is such a beautiful and interesting place - it in the dark endless cosmos is heaven...some like to make it hell - these sportsman are not welcome here - so offically I am deporting all of the destructive allien guests that are poorly behaved...Get off my planet now! Don't make me come down there kids- as dad used to say..

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, but no thanks, if it's significant, I'll know about it, then I have friends that can give me the translation without any biases... :)

I'll be watching... B)

(finally got it right... I should go back to bed... Food first though... :) )

Well, some say they're chanting "al-Qasr" which means palace or "al-Quds" which is Jerusalem. This was in response to Sheikh Qaradawi's rousing Friday prayer speech.

I don't think we will be seeing any form of representative democracy in this region any time soon...

Most of these countries are so far behind that it will take years to catch up...

The resulting chaos out of all of this,and once the euphoria wears off,is more totalitarianism...Sadly..

The question is what form that totalitarianism will take...

The usual Ba'Athist type of stuff...Or Islamofascist...

I fear it's the latter,which would suggest some sort of global theological/civizational conflict in the not too distant future...

Tom Friedman is talking about this problem about civilizational backwardness these regimes have allowed to happen in these Arab countries right now on CNN

It's enlightening and chilling about the outlook...

Heh...might need to put Canada on that list once the new crop of Jenny Petos in our land enter politics.

:P

Heh...might need to put Canada on that list once the new crop of Jenny Petos in our land enter politics.

:P

Who's Jenny Peto??

And the point Friedman was making was that because of our (the wests) dependance on oil combined with the almost civilizational backwardness plus the region's guaranteed instability for a long time spells serious economic trouble in the future...For a long time in the future...

Add in the potential Islamofascist element and it's more than a little serious...

Who's Jenny Peto??

One of those Israel Apartied types who wrote an ify master's thesis on how Holocaust education was racist. A Witch-Finder-General if there ever was one.

Yikes...not your Howard Stern sort of lesbian, eh?

And the point Friedman was making was that because of our (the wests) dependance on oil combined with the almost civilizational backwardness plus the region's guaranteed instability for a long time spells serious economic trouble in the future...For a long time in the future...

Add in the potential Islamofascist element and it's more than a little serious...

Don't ferget the noooks.

Holocaust education is racist??

Yeah..It makes us sane Squareheads look real bad!!!

I'm not shocked..Heather Reisman,the owner of Chapters refuses to sell Mein Kampf in her bookstore because it's a hurtful and mean spirited document...

:blink::rolleyes:

Of course it is!!

But worse than that is the sanitization of history!!!

As to what Friedman was saying,he did'nt mention the nukes,however Iran is sending two of their warships through the Suez Canal for the first time since the Islamic Revolution...

The relative instability of the region is the crux of the issue,and he felt that it's goig to go on for a very long time...

That's not good for anyone...Here or there....

Holocaust education is racist??

Yeah..It makes us sane Squareheads look real bad!!!

I'm not shocked..Heather Reisman,the owner of Chapters refuses to sell Mein Kampf in her bookstore because it's a hurtful and mean spirited document...

:blink::rolleyes:

Of course it is!!

But worse than that is the sanitization of history!!!

As to what Friedman was saying,he did'nt mention the nukes,however Iran is sending two of their warships through the Suez Canal for the first time since the Islamic Revolution...

The relative instability of the region is the crux of the issue,and he felt that it's goig to go on for a very long time...

That's not good for anyone...Here or there....

Yes...I imagine Syria will let them drop anchor. Perhaps even Turkey. Could be there's one of those aid convoys set to make a run for Gaza.(?) Or maybe just to thumb their noses at Israel and all of us in general.

Iran's ICBM program is also their space program so it's eventually going to be a REALLY big threat to everyone once a nuke is mated to one. Iran can already put small payloads into low orbit. Once they can do over 500kg, all bets are off re: our safety from Iran.

Yes...I imagine Syria will let them drop anchor. Perhaps even Turkey. Could be there's one of those aid convoys set to make a run for Gaza.(?) Or maybe just to thumb their noses at Israel and all of us in general.

Iran's ICBM program is also their space program so it's eventually going to be a REALLY big threat to everyone once a nuke is mated to one. Iran can already put small payloads into low orbit. Once they can do over 500kg, all bets are off re: our safety from Iran.

I believe I saw Ahmedinejhad say yesterday that this "revolution" was going to spread to Europe and America...

Ummm...This is also the guy who says the Holocaust was a hoax and there are no homosexuals in Iran (mainly becuase the nutters have murdered anyone suspected of being gay),and, I don't see either Europe or North America as terribly repressive...

So,I'll take his lunacy for what it is...The fact is that there have been demonstrations in Iran and they are not immune from what is going on...Ahmedinejhad's foolish fear mongering,not withstanding..

The question is when these places fall into chaos,and they will,it's what comes after that's important..

Bashar al Assad said earlier this week that it's only the Arab nations that have been friendly to the West that are the ones falling...I'm not shocked that a Ba'Athist like him would say something like that,but what does it mean???

Does he mean that his status quo is a better way??

Syria??

Seriously???

Edited by Jack Weber

I believe I saw Ahmedinejhad say yesterday that this "revolution" was going to spread to Europe and America...

Ummm...This is also the guy who says the Holocaust was a hoax and there are no homosexuals in Iran (mainly becuase the nutters have murdered anyone suspected of being gay),and, I don't see either Europe or North America as terribly repressive...

So,I'll take his lunacy for what it is...The fact is that there have been demonstrations in Iran and they are not immune from what is going on...Ahmedinejhad's foolish fear mongering,not withstanding..

The question is when these places fall into chaos,and they will,it's what comes after that's important..

Bashir El Assad said earlier this week that it's only the Arab nations that have been friendly to the West that are the ones falling...I'm not shocked that a Ba'Athist like him would say something like that,but what does it mean???

Does he mean that his status quo is a better way??

Syria??

Seriously???

Pan-Arabism/Islamism must seem a rather popular idea to many of the youth of these countries. An Islamic United States of sorts...minus the evil western values.

Syria...yeah...not much out of them yet in terms of riots. Not sure if that's a good thing or not...lol.

Pan-Arabism (Ba'Athism) and Islamism are definately not he same thing...

One is decidedly secular...

And the other is most definately theological..

And they really hate each other...

What a horrid choice for people living there...

I suspect the Syrians,as closed and vicious as they are,are already going after anyone that might be suspected of causing trouble for the ruling party...

There is also the ethnic angle in Syria in that the ruling party is made up of minority Alewites...

Interesting,if not very scary and unstable times....

Pan-Arabism (Ba'Athism) and Islamism are definately not he same thing...

One is decidedly secular...

And the other is most definately theological..

And they really hate each other...

What a horrid choice for people living there...

Yes...true. Hard to say which will take hold...but if the Muslim Brotherhood has any say I guess it would be gettin' back to that ol' time religion.

I suspect the Syrians,as closed and vicious as they are,are already going after anyone that might be suspected of causing trouble for the ruling party...

There is also the ethnic angle in Syria in that the ruling party is made up of minority Alewites...

Clans and dynasties are the norm in the entire region. Often centuries old under the veneer of modern states.

Interesting,if not very scary and unstable times....

Yeah...if Pakistan turns I'm digging a bomb shelter.

:D

One thing I know for sure...that earth is my home and I own the place- any invaders that have arrive to plunder my planet can take a hike....I have one regret..that I have not seen the whole world..it is such a beautiful and interesting place - it in the dark endless cosmos is heaven...some like to make it hell - these sportsman are not welcome here - so offically I am deporting all of the destructive allien guests that are poorly behaved...Get off my planet now! Don't make me come down there kids- as dad used to say..

We've been here since long before your species arrived on this planet and will be here long after you've gone...

No minor species "owns" a planet, what a totally silly concept, humanity is nothing more than a form of virus to this planet, just as this planet is like (actually less than) a molecule to the universe...

Sheeesh, it ain't the movies, so why do humans have so much fear and anger in them? (rhetorical question I already know) Just enjoy the brief "lifespan" you have here on Earth and don't worry so much, it's wasting your "lifespan"...

It's YOU, so called humanity, that plunders and destroys things, including each other and including this planet (don't worry though, a planet can take care of itself, but it may not tolerate humanity much longer), not us...

We watchers simply observe and report as we've always done...

Have a great day...

Pan-Arabism/Islamism must seem a rather popular idea to many of the youth of these countries. An Islamic United States of sorts...minus the evil western values.

Syria...yeah...not much out of them yet in terms of riots. Not sure if that's a good thing or not...lol.

Hmmm, interesting take on things... Also fairly accurate I'm thinking... Won't happen overnight though... We'll see... Not too sure about the values thing being much different, greed and corruption being what it is...

Hmmm, interesting take on things... Also fairly accurate I'm thinking... Won't happen overnight though... We'll see... Not too sure about the values thing being much different, greed and corruption being what it is...

Historically, when the Arab 'world' gets together, it's a hard few days for Israel.

:lol:

Historically, when the Arab 'world' gets together, it's a hard few days for Israel.

:lol:

Naaa, basically people are people at the grassroots level... I've seen Jewish and Palestinian women arm in arm facing off against armed Military and arm in arm against armed insurgents...

It's only when people put religious believes above themselves at a political level that these things become problematic...

POWER to the people one might say...

according to al jazeera:

this is a sign of things to come. this is the reason many zionists preferred to have a dictator and a yesman ruling egypt, as opposed to a democratically elected government. people of the world realize the injustice the palestinians are experiencing in the hands of the israeli government.

the middle east domino effect will be hitting the occupied territories very soon.

according to al jazeera:

this is a sign of things to come. this is the reason many zionists preferred to have a dictator and a yesman ruling egypt, as opposed to a democratically elected government. people of the world realize the injustice the palestinians are experiencing in the hands of the israeli government.

the middle east domino effect will be hitting the occupied territories very soon.

Give it a rest!!!

Do yourself a favour and stop trying to find the smallest kernel of truth in every issue to bring up your issues with Israel...

If an Islamofascist government takes power in Egypt,and initiates what will amount to the opening salvo of WW3,what are you going to say then???

Edited by Jack Weber

Give it a rest!!!

Do yourself a favour and stop trying to find the smallest kernel of truth in every issue to bring up your issues with Israel...

If an Islamofascist government takes power in Egypt,and initiates what will amount to the opening salvo of WW3,what are you going to say then???

i don't see this as a religious issue. i think you overuse and are too concerned over this whole 'islamofascist' crap.

these people realize the injustice the palestinians are experiencing just like most others around the world. they know mubarak's co-operation has helped the situation and are voicing their opinion.

with the rise of the people in the middle east, israel will have a hard time continuing the status quo. something needs to be changed soon.

i don't see this as a religious issue. i think you overuse and are too concerned over this whole 'islamofascist' crap.

these people realize the injustice the palestinians are experiencing just like most others around the world. they know mubarak's co-operation has helped the situation and are voicing their opinion.

with the rise of the people in the middle east, israel will have a hard time continuing the status quo. something needs to be changed soon.

You keep telling yourself that as the Muslim Brotherhood starts its little Jihad...

If you think there is going to be any sort of representative democracy in Egypt,I've got several unicorns I can sell you..

Hell...I'll give 'em to ya' for free!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol: