Why Are Atheists Cowards?

Shady

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All atheists, by definition, hold Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, and Norse mythology in the same position as Christianity.

You know this; why pretend otherwise?

I'm not pretending otherwise. I agree with you that by definition, atheists hold all religions in equal view. The problem is that they don't do it publicly. Their effort is targeted to one specific religion, leaving the rest aside. For obvious reasons of political correctness and fears of violence. That's what makes them cowards. They only like to shit on Christian holidays, and Christian's God. But shut themselves up when it comes to other religions. I'm referring to the groups that produce thses ads. Not to all atheists.

And what of the Squid's post about the upcoming ad campaign planned for next month:

So what? You mean all of this time and just now their thinking about doing it? I'll believe it when I see it. My guess is that they totally back down from anything to do with Islam. And they won't dare mention anything about Judaism. Watch and see.

Yes, any more. Christians comprise an estimated 2 billion people....possibly more.

Actually it's about even now.

I'm not pretending otherwise. I agree with you that by definition, atheists hold all religions in equal view. The problem is that they don't do it publicly. Their effort is targeted to one specific religion, leaving the rest aside. For obvious reasons of political correctness and fears of violence. That's what makes them cowards. They only like to shit on Christian holidays, and Christian's God. But shut themselves up when it comes to other religions.

You are as blind as a person of truly religious zealotry would be to reality. Atheists have and do speak out against all religion. Open your eyes to the truth.

I'm not pretending otherwise. I agree with you that by definition, atheists hold all religions in equal view. The problem is that they don't do it publicly. Their effort is targeted to one specific religion, leaving the rest aside. For obvious reasons of political correctness and fears of violence. That's what makes them cowards. They only like to shit on Christian holidays, and Christian's God. But shut themselves up when it comes to other religions. I'm referring to the groups that produce thses ads. Not to all atheists.

But you only said "atheists," not "the tiny minority of atheists who produce these ads."

As in "Christians always say, 'God hates fags,' because they're a bunch of intolerant bigots."

Exdept that it's a little group...a very tiny group, in fact.

At any rate, you think they're avoiding criticizing Islam out of cowardice; but what about the other religions?

They tend to mention their culturally-dominant religion...concerned primarily, one might suppose, with their own society and culture.

So what? You mean all of this time and just now their thinking about doing it? I'll believe it when I see it. My guess is that they totally back down from anything to do with Islam. And they won't dare mention anything about Judaism. Watch and see.

Well, time will tell, won't it?

In the meantime, I asume you wholeheartedly retract your statements about "atheists," since you're referring only to an ad-producing group of them.

Edited by bloodyminded

Really? Then show me the "There Is No Allah" ads. Show me the "Ramadan Is A Myth" ads. Show me the "Hanukkah Is A Myth" ads. :rolleyes:

Show me where you have purchasing advertising space to have an opinion about something?

I didnt take out any adds about Christians, and neither did 99.99999 of the worlds atheists. Grow up and get real.

Every ad that says "there is no God" does say that.

That's complete nonsense. Anybody that believes that is truely blind to reality. Hmmm, which do you think would get more attention and scrutiny? "There Is No God", or "There Is No Allah?" Yeah, that's what I thought. Stop the spinning guys, it's pathetic.

That's complete nonsense. Anybody that believes that is truely blind to reality. Hmmm, which do you think would get more attention and scrutiny? "There Is No God", or "There Is No Allah?" Yeah, that's what I thought. Stop the spinning guys, it's pathetic.

Its objectively true. The word "god" is not specific to Christianity. If the ads had said there is no "Yaweh" then you could make that case. Or "Elohim". Or "Jesus Christ".

Its objectively true. The word "god" is not specific to Christianity.

Yes, as I've already stated, technically that's true. And like I've already stated, that doesn't apply to "Christmas Is A Myth." It's just a dodge. Stop being so obtuse people. It's pathetic.

Yes, as I've already stated, technically that's true. And like I've already stated, that doesn't apply to "Christmas Is A Myth." It's just a dodge. Stop being so obtuse people. It's pathetic.

Obtuse? Like the premise of your thread is not a little obtuse? Pathetic indeed. We were doing well Shady, you and I had a wonderful break though with regards to the climate change threads, and now you go and pull this?? Damn Shady, if you want to apply the same logic from those threads to these ones, you'd never have made this post in the first place.

Oh well, I guess the honeymoon could not last forever.

But I think those posters (the there is no god posters) just equate to trolling, like this thread :D.

Edited by GostHacked

It's just a dodge.

The only dodge here here is your pathetic attempt to move the goalposts in order to save some face. How many people have to pointedly prove to you that you are in fact wrong, in every single f'ing account, yet....you keep it up.

Do you truly not understand when you are beaten, soundly no less ?

Yet here you are, trying again.....and all one can do is look at you and say....

It's pathetic.

Cuz it is.

But I have to admit, pathetic is kind of funny.So you do have that going for you

Edited by guyser

Shady:

Mohammad (who was a businessman...big surprise, huh?) was a fraud...or else utterly delusional. God-riddled.

There is no prophet, and there is no Allah.

Yes, I do think that 1.5 billion believers are dead wrong.

Or, to clarify and to be more fair, I happily and with some measure of humility give a pass to the more metaphorical thinkers of the Muslim faith, as I do for Christians and Jews--it's the literalists who are dangerous and superstitious.

You see, Shady? An atheist. Condemning the Islamic morons.

Don't worry about an explicit retraction; I'll take it as a given, and I appreciate your concession.

We've all seen or heard about their ads.

Well, why don't we ever seen any of these ads from them....?

"There Is No Allah."

"Ramadan Is A Myth."

"There Is No Yahweh."

"Hanukkah Is A Myth, Oil Can't Burn That Long."

challenged religion on all fronts. Instead they pick the easiest way to push their message. Pathetic.

As many have pointed out, "There's probably no God" isn't specifically addressing Christians. Christians, Muslims, and Jews all believe that God is the same dude, they just disagree on which publicist he hired. And since "God" is a generic term, it's not just directed at the Abrahamic religions either, it's also directed at those who believe in gods who ride around on cows as well.

As for why Christmas? Why not Ramadan? Nobody knows or cares about Ramadan. Christmas lasts 2 months and is unavoidable. Whereas unless you're a Muslim or a CBC listener, you didn't notice Ramadan.

Also, "Ramadan Is A Myth" would be a ridiculous comment, because Ramadan isn't a belief, it's an activity. "Ramadan is pointless" would be a reasonable statement.

Is the organization behind these ads afraid of Muslims? Here's what they have to say about Islam:

Islam

This section is dedicated to those who have lost their lives and loved ones to Islamic violence, and in particular the faith-based attacks of 9/11.

While we respect and understand that many Muslems do not support terrorism, many in fact DO, and they use their scriptures to defend their actions. American Atheists reminds all readers that by obeying the terrorists we lose to them.

That's not exactly tiptoeing around.

-k

Edited by kimmy

As many have pointed out, "There's probably no God" isn't specifically addressing Christians. Christians, Muslims, and Jews all believe that God is the same dude

As I've already stated, I agree with that premise. But these ads are targeting the general public. And the general public doesn't think of Islam when hearing the term God. But leaving this portion aside, it still doesn't explain the non-existent ads regarding Ramadan or Hanukkah.

As for why Christmas? Why not Ramadan? Nobody knows or cares about Ramadan. Christmas lasts 2 months and is unavoidable. Whereas unless you're a Muslim or a CBC listener, you didn't notice Ramadan.

I'd agree with that if these ads were only purchased in North America. But they're purchased around the world, in places where Ramadan is more widely known. And that still doesn't explain the non-existent ads regarding Hanukkah. You'd agree that Hanukkah is a pretty widely known holiday right?

So how about "Hannukkah Is A Myth, Oil Doesn't Burn That Long."

Also, "Ramadan Is A Myth" would be a ridiculous comment, because Ramadan isn't a belief, it's an activity. "Ramadan is pointless" would be a reasonable statement.

Exactly. How about a "Ramadan Is A Waste Of Time."

Is the organization behind these ads afraid of Muslims? Here's what they have to say about Islam:

That's not exactly tiptoeing around.

-k

Public ads vs a couple of sentences on a website nobody visits unless they're an atheists are vastly different things.

As I've already stated, I agree with that premise. But these ads are targeting the general public. And the general public doesn't think of Islam when hearing the term God.

And, so? If A muslim sees there is no god, they won't think that it only applies to the christian god...and if a christian sees they is no god, why would the advertiser want them to think it only applies to Allah?

But leaving this portion aside, it still doesn't explain the non-existent ads regarding Ramadan or Hanukkah.

Maybe because the general public doesn't think alot about holidays celebrated by less than 2% of the population respectively.

You'd agree that Hanukkah is a pretty widely known holiday right?

I hear it's huge in Japan

As I've already stated, I agree with that premise. But these ads are targeting the general public. And the general public doesn't think of Islam when hearing the term God. But leaving this portion aside, it still doesn't explain the non-existent ads regarding Ramadan or Hanukkah.

I'd agree with that if these ads were only purchased in North America. But they're purchased around the world, in places where Ramadan is more widely known. And that still doesn't explain the non-existent ads regarding Hanukkah. You'd agree that Hanukkah is a pretty widely known holiday right?

So how about "Hannukkah Is A Myth, Oil Doesn't Burn That Long."

Exactly. How about a "Ramadan Is A Waste Of Time."

Public ads vs a couple of sentences on a website nobody visits unless they're an atheists are vastly different things.

So...your real beef is that they're not focussing laserlike on the two other (totally and unequivocally related) major monotheisms, choosing instead to relegate what you see as too much attention on the one you personally prefer?

That doesn't prove their "cowardice," as was your claim...lost as you are in your particular brand of political correctness.

I could start a thread titled "Why Are Christians Cowards?"...but as it would be based only on the backtracking and self-imposed victim status you've employed on this thread, that would seem a rather dishonest title, wouldn't it?

Edited by bloodyminded

That doesn't prove their "cowardice," as was your claim...lost as you are in your particular brand of political correctness.

I admit that I shouldn't have said atheists in general. Certainly somebody like Hitchens criticizes all religions, and isn't afraid to take on Judaism or Islam. It's these groups that take out ads thinking they're doing something brave, when in actuality, it's the easiest form of protest when criticizing religion.