Why Are Atheists Cowards?

Shady

Guest TrueMetis

Neither the words expansion nor explosion do justice to the kinds of conditions that were present in the initial moments after the big bang.

Expansion is the word I've heard the few physicists I've heard talking on the matter use. So which word would you use?

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be one humorous document to read if someone actually did write down some of their moral beliefs, probably easier to pick apart than the bible, imagine a 'bible' produced by todays generation of athiest, I suspect the commandments would look like: 'Thow shall buy all the useless things you can for yourself with a credit card', 'thow shall glorify sex with multiple partners', 'thow shall not have a two parent family', 'thow shall glorify gangster and corporate ideals', 'thow shalt look out for yourself only'...

Actually there is just one:

Thou shalt use thine own mind to know what thou shall and shall not do.

Guest TrueMetis

I'ld like to debate the morals taught by athieists but none of them have the courage to write it down and present it formally or publically so I guess we'll just have to listen to athiesst take cheap shots forever at the bible, koran and new testament. That would be one humorous document to read if someone actually did write down some of their moral beliefs, probably easier to pick apart than the bible, imagine a 'bible' produced by todays generation of athiest, I suspect the commandments would look like: 'Thow shall buy all the useless things you can for yourself with a credit card', 'thow shall glorify sex with multiple partners', 'thow shall not have a two parent family', 'thow shall glorify gangster and corporate ideals', 'thow shalt look out for yourself only'...

Thou shall not kill

Thou shall not steal

Thou shall not rape (bible misses that one)

Thou shall not stone children and gays to death (bible explicitly tells you to do those)

etc.

Edited by TrueMetis

Expansion is the word I've heard the few physicists I've heard talking on the matter use. So which word would you use?

What I meant is that really you can use either, since the common meaning of either hardly captures what was really going on. The temperatures and densities were far beyond those in even the most spectacular explosions that can be witnessed today. Even GRBs pale into insignificance by comparison. And the expansion was that of spacetime itself, as opposed to what we mean now by expansion, which is an object expanding within that spacetime.

Guest TrueMetis

What I meant is that really you can use either, since the common meaning of either hardly captures what was really going on. The temperatures and densities were far beyond those in even the most spectacular explosions that can be witnessed today. Even GRBs pale into insignificance by comparison. And the expansion was that of spacetime itself, as opposed to what we mean now by expansion, which is an object expanding within that spacetime.

Gotcha.

Guest TrueMetis

Better to phrase it as "thou shall not murder". "Thou shall not kill" comes with a bunch of necessary caveats, such as "thou shall not kill unless in self-defense, or unless thou art a soldier in a war, or... etc".

Right, thank you. (Though it says thou shalt not kill in the bible and there is a whole lot of killing in that)

Right, thank you. (Though it says thou shalt not kill in the bible and there is a whole lot of killing in that)

Yes it does....

You do realize that God owes none of His creations any favours...His creations owe Him their very existence...

This is also the reasoning behind the Age of Grace,incidentally...

Guest TrueMetis

Yes it does....

You do realize that God owes none of His creations any favours...His creations owe Him their very existence...

This is also the reasoning behind the Age of Grace,incidentally...

I owe the same thing to my parents, I still hate my dad. (Of course knowing how the universe and life actually started I know a god isn't necessary for any of it)

Actually, that's part of a parable Jesus was telling to a rich man. You guys need to read more than one line from a story to know what you're talking about. You completely left out the context of the discussion. I'm embarassed for all of you. :rolleyes:

No the context is correct, and the bible is full of such references. Jesus's didnt believe in earthly treasure, and he cautioned people against the pursuit of it.

In that story a wealthy young man who done good works for his whole life asked what he had to do to get into the kingdom of god. Jesus told him he had to give away all his stuff to the poor.

Jesus also said that it was almost impossible for a wealthy man to get into heaven, proclaiming that it was easier for a camel to walk through the eye of a needle than it was for a rich man to enter the kingdom of god.

He also commanded his followers to "lay up not for yourself earthly treasure, but instead treasure in the kingdom of god". To him real wealth came from doing good works, not from having posessions.

He would pretty much crap his pants if he saw what christianity has become today. He would unleash a FACEPALM of biblical proportions.

No the context is correct

No, the context isn't correct. Not in terms of Jesus telling everybody to give up all of their belongings. Which is what you and others have asserted. That's completely false.

In that story a wealthy young man who done good works for his whole life asked what he had to do to get into the kingdom of god. Jesus told him he had to give away all his stuff to the poor.

Jesus also said that it was almost impossible for a wealthy man to get into heaven, proclaiming that it was easier for a camel to walk through the eye of a needle than it was for a rich man to enter the kingdom of god.

He also commanded his followers to "lay up not for yourself earthly treasure, but instead treasure in the kingdom of god". To him real wealth came from doing good works, not from having posessions.

Once again, which is completely different from asserting that Jesus wants everybody to give away all their belongings.

Anyways, back to the original topic. Still no Ramadan or Hanukkah ads from these groups. Still cowards. :)

No, the context isn't correct. Not in terms of Jesus telling everybody to give up all of their belongings. Which is what you and others have asserted. That's completely false.

Once again, which is completely different from asserting that Jesus wants everybody to give away all their belongings.

Anyways, back to the original topic. Still no Ramadan or Hanukkah ads from these groups. Still cowards. :)

Right. Only the people who expect to enter the kingdom of god.

Although he DOES flat out say "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth".

But I know... What Jesus ACTAULLY meant is that you should trample people to death at walmart trying to get as much non durable consumer goodies as possible. Thats what he was all about!

Anyways, back to the original topic. Still no Ramadan or Hanukkah ads from these groups. Still cowards.

here you go:

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20101202/atheist-bus-ads-101202/

Allah is the first religion mentioned on the bus ad.