Republican Stomps on womens head

Tim Profitt, a volunteer with the Republican's U.S. Senate campaign, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that the camera angle made the scuffle Monday night appear worse that it was. He criticized police for not stepping in and says other supporters warned authorities about the activist.

Lauren Valle, a 23-year-old with the group MoveOn.org, was wrestled to the ground by Paul supporters when she tried to confront the tea party favorite with a fake award. Valle said Tuesday she was sore and swollen

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2010/10/apnewsbreak_paul_volunteer_apologizes_for_scuffle.php

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The a-hole has been charged with assault.

A spokesman for the Lexington Police Department said that "Mr. Profitt is currently being served with a criminal summons ordering him to appear before a Fayette County District Court Judge."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/26/tim-profitt-rand-paul-supporter_n_774285.html

Tempers do seem to be getting short.

The Paul campaign cut ties with Profitt, removing him from his role as Bourbon County campaign coordinator and banning him from campaign events.

Of course, this pales in comparison to the Gladney incident. He's still in a wheelchair.

Tempers do seem to be getting short.

Yep, this incident was totally unnecessary. It's good to see the Paul campaign do the right thing.

Of course, this pales in comparison to the Gladney incident. He's still in a wheelchair.

Good point. Those thugs have gotten off scott free so far.

Good point. Those thugs have gotten off scott free so far.

What are you talking about? Are you talking out of your ass again? The man in the Ken Gladney case is being prosecuted. This is the old Republican "hey look over there tactic."

Like it or not Paul's man stomped on a ladies head because she belonged to an organization he didn't like. Get over it don't make excuses.

Edited by punked

Like it or not Paul's man stomped on a ladies head because she belonged to an organization he didn't like. Get over it don't make excuses.

Nobody's making excuses. As I said, I'm glad the Paul campaign did the right thing, and sent that volunteer packing. I'm also glad he's being charged with assult. What more do you want?

Nobody's making excuses. As I said, I'm glad the Paul campaign did the right thing, and sent that volunteer packing. I'm also glad he's being charged with assult. What more do you want?

Yep they sent him packing after publishing and toting his endorsement in the Herald Leader today. It wasn't just a volunteer this person was so important that Paul took out a full page ad in a KY newspaper to say this stomper along with 10 other people endorse him. That should show you Paul's judgment this wasn't "just some volunteer" it was someone that Paul thought it was important for people to know was on his team.

Yep they sent him packing after publishing and toting his endorsement in the Herald Leader today. It wasn't just a volunteer this person was so important that Paul took out a full page ad in a KY newspaper to say this stomper along with 10 other people endorse him. That should show you Paul's judgment this wasn't "just some volunteer" it was someone that Paul thought it was important for people to know was on his team.

I guess we'll just have to let the people of Kentucky decide for themselves. :rolleyes:

the horror... a travesty - apparently... this Gladney dude also suffers from severe PTSD*.

(*Post Teabagging Simulated Disorder)

I think it's the woman who's suffering from that. She got bumped and bruised from being teabagged! :lol:

Don't mess with the Tea Party. Or better yet, don't tread on them!

This so-called tea-party organization sounds like it is willing to meet its ends using violence. Not good for the public discourse...

Rand Paul's "condemnation" of violence is along the same lines as the thug's apology.... a "sort of" condemnation...

Rand Paul's Senate campaign put out a statement condemning violence on "both sides." What?? That's NOT ok -- we need accountability, not false equivalency.

http://microblogbuzz.com/redirect/84000168

Political violence with the United States Americans seems far-fetched doesn't it ?

Doesn't it ?

Hell the civil war was thousands of years ago - right ?

When you got some of that ADHD, it's kind of hard to ... hey let's go ride bikes!

So, let's say this kind of campaing violence continues. And let's say both parties now have essentially 'hijacked grassroot movements' supporting their causes (whatever they may be, that's getting more blurred as time goes on) ... oh and considering that politics has now become a gong show through useless infotainment, the next election will be very interesting to watch.

Anyways, if this violence is a trend, then it's gonna get real ugly. As long as the revolution stays below the 49th, I'll be sitting on my couch with some pretzles tuning in.

Maybe that South Park epp is correct. This planet IS a reality show.

There is accountability. The volunteer has been kicked out of the campaign, and banned from any events. There's nothing more they can do to him. The rest is up to the police.

Yah remember earlier in the day when Rand saw the video said he knew who it was but refused to identify the man? Republican accountability right there.

Edited by punked

Looks like we get the real story of why this woman was pushed away and tackled to the ground. She tried to run up to Rand Paul's open window, and throw something into the SUV. Not smart. I can only imagine what the Sercret Service would have done to her if Obama had been in that situation. She's probably lucky she got outta that with just a few minor injuries.

Don't do this at home boys and girls!

Looks like we get the real story of why this woman was pushed away and tackled to the ground. She tried to run up to Rand Paul's open window, and throw something into the SUV. Not smart. I can only imagine what the Sercret Service would have done to her if Obama had been in that situation. She's probably lucky she got outta that with just a few minor injuries.

Yep she was such the threat Shady that the police standing there saw what she was holding and let he walk to speak to the man who wants to be Senator. So instead the man who Rand Paul's endorsement has been touting threw her to ground (even though there were police right there) and stomped on her head. Shady thinks the law should be taken out of the police hands and given to the tea baggers. That is what he is saying but justifying this lawlessness there were police there yet instead of talking to them Shady's boys stomped on a 23 year old womens head. That is it. That is what this election comes down to. Republicans who don't think the law applies to Republicans or anyone else.

Hey look it isn't only Shady who thinks the law only applies to Democrats, Paul's own campaign is saying the same thing.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/10/27/914092/-I-just-argued-loudly-on-the-phone-with-Rand-Pauls-campaign-office

Edited by punked

Yeah, it was such a security concern that they pulled 5 ft ahead and let him out of the van... :rolleyes:

Mission accomplished. Ms. Valle finally earned her pay, is a heroine and honours her profession as a paid left wing protestor. Things couldn't be better. Her antics were recorded and enjoyed by all. Wouldn't it have been great if she had been severely beaten. Wow! We'd have a real story then. Oh well. This is pretty good.

I wonder what organizations like moveon.org expect when they employ professional protestors? Is there bonuses for extra effort? Or danger pay for wild antics?

In all seriousness, I don't have too much sympathy for paid muckrakers. When such incidents occur, by that I mean something like the planned surprise storming of any candidate. In the heat of the moment, anything could happen.

What I find really bad is comparing this incident to the bullying and confrontational tactics that sometimes occur at left-wing events. They are not the same in the least.

Sadly, it can't be denied there are nut jobs around on both sides of the fence.

I hope the rest of the campaign is free of any kind of violence. But one has to ask can paid provocateurs willing to risk life and limb for a buck and a headline be justified?

And just for the record, let's correct this nonsense about her head being stomped. As the video clearly shows, her shoulder was hit, not her head. But this incident gives us a great teachable moment. Don't run at a political candidate and attempt to throw something at him/her. Nothing good can come of it. And frankly, if you're that stupid, you deserve to be roughed up a bit. Maybe it knocked some sense into her. :)

And just for the record, let's correct this nonsense about her head being stomped. As the video clearly shows, her shoulder was hit, not her head. But this incident gives us a great teachable moment. Don't run at a political candidate and attempt to throw something at him/her. Nothing good can come of it. And frankly, if you're that stupid, you deserve to be roughed up a bit. Maybe it knocked some sense into her. :)

Shady thinks police are stupid and that if they are not going to do what he thinks that people are allowed to take the law into their hands. There were police there and yet they did not think this women a risk. As for Shady saying nothing came of it, she has a concussion BECAUSE HER HEAD WAS STOMPED ON. Shady it is right there in the video STOP lying because you hate the law.

Looks like another GOP man assaulted another 23 year old Dem women at a rally. In other News I am sure some people are ok with it as long it is men betting women and the women are Dems. Some people even posters on this forum might say they have it coming.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/10/washington-man-arrested-for-assaulting-anti-rossi-protester.php

Edited by punked