I'm Tony Curtis

M.Dancer

Yonda lies the castle of my fodda, the ca-leef."
The fan mail started almost immediately, and the studio quickly cast him – and miscast him – in a string of costume pictures like “Son of Ali Baba,” with its much-remembered, much-misquoted line, “Dis is duh palace ah my fadda, an’ yonda lies duh Valley ah duh Sun.”
Link

Looking over his career, I'm actually stunned at the smallness of the pictures he was in. Maybe he didn't know how to pick scripts, but his star power seems to outshine the actual movies he did.

Spartacus aside...

His Blake Edwards films are far from small. Huge budgets for their day. Guess you had to be there...

Edited by DogOnPorch

Well, I guess...

I count only a few historically important films - Some Like It Hot, and Spartacus ... um... what else ?

You tell me.

I take it you weren't around for the 1960s...

:P

The Defiant Ones certainly ranks up there as a movie great.

Other notables besides his wonderful Blake Edwards comedies would be...

Suppose They Gave a War and Nobody Came

Sex and the Single Girl

The Boston Strangler

Those Daring Young Men in Their Jaunty Jalopies

Keep in mind, too, that Tony Curtis was a studio contract actor for a good chunk of his career. Not much control over what movies he made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_system

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. Some Like It Hot was great, and you can't beat Billy Wilder.

Seriously...nobody is claiming Tony Curtis was the greatest actor ever. Your input here isn't needed.

Between your stubborn necessity to let everyone know your damn opinion on everything and wyly's insistance that nuclear weapons are a normal occurance at parades, I truly am ready for the weekend.

Seriously...nobody is claiming Tony Curtis was the greatest actor ever. Your input here isn't needed.

You can always take your ball and go home by putting me on 'ignore'. Your choice.

Between your stubborn necessity to let everyone know your damn opinion on everything and wyly's insistance that nuclear weapons are a normal occurance at parades, I truly am ready for the weekend.

Sorry to have to put my opinion on here. Would you like me to check with you first ?

That you already display a 'bad list' and a 'good list' everytime you post...plus, have your own blog of all things...tells me all I want to know about your megalomania. Let us all know on MLW when your next movie is coming out...

:lol:

Edited by DogOnPorch

That you already display a 'bad list' and a 'good list' everytime you post...plus, have your own blog of all things...tells me all I want to know about your megalomania. Let us all know on MLW when your next movie is coming out...

:lol:

I don't *think* I have a bad list or good list.

And I'm not more or less of a megalomaniac than any other superior world-class intellect.