Satirical in what way? Are you glad that "real crime" was fought at the G20 summit in Toronto?

I had serious beefs with the whole security thing at the G20. I made that clear in other posts. Nice try though.

View PostAmerican Woman, on 10 August 2010 - 05:53 PM, said:

Here's what I got: The title of the thread is "Florida, Strange things in a strange state."

Gosthacked then said, in the opening post: On another forum I regularly visit, there are posts now and then that we term 'Florida'. Like only really strange things seem to happen there. Could it be all the retired Canadians living there? Could be, could be.

Is the insinuation that only strange things seem to happen in Florida because of all the retired Canadians living there, or that only strange things seem to get posted on this board because of all the Canadians living there, posting about strange things on the board? Because the rest of the post had nothing to do with Canadians doing anything strange.

I guess I confused some people here. I had put in the Canadian bit, because we all know BC likes to get his diggs in when he can. You can bank on him making some kind of statement. You could look at it as trolling the troll, but that was not my intention. He struggles in many occasions to try and get the hit in while trying to be funny. Trying being the key word here. And you know trying is for losers.

But anyways I shall clarify. Like Shwa says (you know I don't agree with him on many things and yet he was able to read my real intention for this thread) it was more of a localized thing. The term 'Florida' is just that. There is no need to assume I am speaking for ALL Floridians, or Americans for that matter. People are reading too much into this thread it seems, I mean relax a bit, take the gloves off and share a laugh with me. I even posted a Canadian example of this thing we term 'Florida', but zooooom right over the heads of people.

You know if I got offended with everything and everytime BC posts about Canada, I would not have lasted as long as I have on this board. You have to consider the source. :D

So here is another thing 'Florida'

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/the-other-side/florida-woman-crashes-while-shaving-bikini-area/story-e6frfhk6-1225838500308

I guess if you have not seen the evolution of these 'Forida' posts on the other forum, I can understand that initially people would be offended.

Next time I take queues from our American counterparts here and not caring of who I offend when I post.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had serious beefs with the whole security thing at the G20. I made that clear in other posts. Nice try though.

But it wasn't enough to rise to the level of a "Florida"? Did you post a thread titled "Ontario...strange things in a strange province?"

I guess I confused some people here. I had put in the Canadian bit, because we all know BC likes to get his diggs in when he can. You can bank on him making some kind of statement. You could look at it as trolling the troll, but that was not my intention. He struggles in many occasions to try and get the hit in while trying to be funny. Trying being the key word here. And you know trying is for losers.

No, like Heather Mallick and Alaska, trolling for "Florida" is for losers.

But anyways I shall clarify. Like Shwa says (you know I don't agree with him on many things and yet he was able to read my real intention for this thread) it was more of a localized thing. The term 'Florida' is just that.

What term "Florida"? Did you make this up by yourself?

There is no need to assume I am speaking for ALL Floridians, or Americans for that matter. People are reading too much into this thread it seems, I mean relax a bit, take the gloves off and share a laugh with me. I even posted a Canadian example of this thing we term 'Florida', but zooooom right over the heads of people.

We are...laughing at you. Funny!

You know if I got offended with everything and everytime BC posts about Canada, I would not have lasted as long as I have on this board. You have to consider the source. :D

Payback is a bitch....this is a "localized thing" that perhaps goes over your head.

I guess if you have not seen the evolution of these 'Forida' posts on the other forum, I can understand that initially people would be offended.

DUH! Ya think?

Next time I take queues from our American counterparts here and not caring of who I offend when I post.

You already take all your queues from America and Americans...LOL!

Edited by bush_cheney2004

But it wasn't enough to rise to the level of a "Florida"? Did you post a thread titled "Ontario...strange things in a strange province?"

I could. Hmm I guess I will. I am sure there is a bit of 'Florida' in all of us.

No, like Heather Mallick and Alaska, trolling for "Florida" is for losers.

FISH ON !!!!! I think I need bigger test line. Or a down rigger.

What term "Florida"? Did you make this up by yourself?

I wish I could take credit for it, but they were not my brain child. It was the brainchild of a poster who actually lives in Florida.

We are...laughing at you. Funny!

Good, I am glad I can provide entertainment for you south of the 49th. I guess not everything that is entertaining is USA.

Payback is a bitch....this is a "localized thing" that perhaps goes over your head.

Over your head as well. There is no payback to be had. There is no game to be played.

DUH! Ya think?

Herp a derp durrrrr.

You already take all your queues from America and Americans...LOL!

Not all, I still have a long way to go before I can equate myself with you. That pedestal is way to high for me.

I know you will view it one way, and that's not my problem, but in the end I am fine with it. I have accepted you for what you are, and again I will apologize for it in true Canadian fashion. :D

...I know you will view it one way, and that's not my problem, but in the end I am fine with it. I have accepted you for what you are, and again I will apologize for it in true Canadian fashion. :D

Why are you "apologizing" at all? Do you not have the strength of conviction that prompted the original post? If you are going to offend an entire state, even in jest, don't slink away after the fact.

Maybe...won't know until he reacts to the next stimulus from Florida or any other place in America. No wonder he hates digital copyright protection! :)

When I get another 'Florida' story I will be sure to post it here. And the DRM is irrelevant to the topic at hand. But at least you are consistent in your tangents. Actually come to think of it you would feel quite at home in Florida. You don't have a sense of humour like I thought you did. I guess you only laugh at Canadians and our stupidity.

Come on BC you can do better than this .. remember you ARE American which means you are better than me... right? I am just a lowly pitiful Canadian.

When I get another 'Florida' story I will be sure to post it here. And the DRM is irrelevant to the topic at hand. But at least you are consistent in your tangents. Actually come to think of it you would feel quite at home in Florida. You don't have a sense of humour like I thought you did. I guess you only laugh at Canadians and our stupidity.

Come on BC you can do better than this .. remember you ARE American which means you are better than me... right? I am just a lowly pitiful Canadian.

The trolls always eventually hang themselves with their own ropes.

But he can take comfort in the fact that his rope was Made in the USA!

The trolls always eventually hang themselves with their own ropes.

But he can take comfort in the fact that his rope was Made in the USA!

Well like he said, if we did not make any posts about the US, he would not have a reason to post here. So that kind of tells you what we are dealing with.

Well, at least your "stupidity"....I don't know most Canadians just like you don't know most Floridians.

No...I have always maintained (and mocked) your assumed (and smug) superiority. I am only here all this time because of the scope and depth of America in so many aspects of expression and perception. And of course, I have no idea what it is to be so utterly dominated by another (stupid) nation's gravity.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I have always maintained (and mocked) your assumed (and smug) superiority. I am only here all this time because of the scope and depth of America in so many aspects of expression and perception. And of course, I have no idea what it is to be so utterly dominated by another (stupid) nation's gravity.

I love the US and its people, and I love that the US is our neighbour. I especially appreciate the fact that if my country, Canada, was threatened by a mutual enemy that the US would be the first to come to Canada's defence and vice versa, of this I have no doubt. I am gratified that the US provides us a meter against which we can measure our worth. I like to think that the sentiment is mutual and so far, I have not been disappointed. The US learns from us and we learn from the US. We share the same continent and to a large extent the same values. What's there not to be thankful for.

I love the US and its people, and I love that the US is our neighbour. I especially appreciate the fact that if my country, Canada, was threatened by a mutual enemy that the US would be the first to come to Canada's defence and vice versa, of this I have no doubt.

All true, but not for the neighbourly reasons you have cited. Distinctions are made between nation state and individual relationships...which thrive because of mutual benefit.

I am gratified that the US provides us a meter against which we can measure our worth. I like to think that the sentiment is mutual and so far, I have not been disappointed. The US learns from us and we learn from the US. We share the same continent and to a large extent the same values. What's there not to be thankful for.

But alas, this is a very one-sided circumstance...sometimes to the point of being harmful if longstanding Canadian "cultural" protections are any measure. As I have stated before, when it comes to Canada (and many other places), most Americans don't know, don't care, and don't care that they don't know.

Well, at least your "stupidity"....I don't know most Canadians just like you don't know most Floridians.

Many Floridians are Canadians :D So I may know more about 'Floridians' than you Canadians, unless you live in Florida.

No...I have always maintained (and mocked) your assumed (and smug) superiority. I am only here all this time because of the scope and depth of America in so many aspects of expression and perception. And of course, I have no idea what it is to be so utterly dominated by another (stupid) nation's gravity.

There is smug/superiority, but it's not coming from me. I know you have a sense of humour deep down inside that cold heart of yours. It really shows your mettle when you are offended by this kind of post.

Not only that it took you over 24 hrs to respond. You're slipping!

Edited by GostHacked

Many Floridians are Canadians :D So I may know more about 'Floridians' than you Canadians, unless you live in Florida.

Ahem...far more Floridians are Americans, so I doubt you know more about them. I have actually lived in Florida (Pensacola, Jacksonville, Cocoa West, and St. Mary's GA). Perhaps you have been to Orlando on holiday to worship our Disney god?

There is smug/superiority, but it's not coming from me. I know you have a sense of humour deep down inside that cold heart of yours. It really shows your mettle when you are offended by this kind of post.

More curious than offended....though I am certain that an American jab at Ontario or British Columbia would evoke a similar response. Heather Mallick sought to purposely offend Alaska, and succeeded!

"That's so Ontario!"

Ahem...far more Floridians are Americans, so I doubt you know more about them. I have actually lived in Florida (Pensacola, Jacksonville, Cocoa West, and St. Mary's GA). Perhaps you have been to Orlando on holiday to worship our Disney god?

I would not mind a trip to Disney Land myself. Plenty of rides to experience. Maybe I can hang out with the Snowbirds while I am there.

More curious than offended....though I am certain that an American jab at Ontario or British Columbia would evoke a similar response. Heather Mallick sought to purposely offend Alaska, and succeeded!

Give it a shot, nothing holding you back.

"That's so Ontario!"

It could very well be.

Guest American Woman

I would not mind a trip to Disney Land myself. Plenty of rides to experience. Maybe I can hang out with the Snowbirds while I am there.

Then you'll have to go to California, since that's where Disneyland is. B) Not sure how many Snowbirds there are there, though.