Israeli Navy Raids Gaza Aid Flotilla, 10 Confirmed Dead

I suspect,because Hamas is really good at intimidation and thuggery,they realize they might have a civil war on thier hands if they try to get rid of Hamas...

Either that,or they prefer the Hamas way of dealing with the Israeli's?

A more interesting question is whether we support our government's way of overthrowing democracies and supporting terrorists worse than Hamas.

Why should we hold the Palestinians to a higher standard? I'm having difficulty understanding the reasoning.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect,because Hamas is really good at intimidation and thuggery,they realize they might have a civil war on thier hands if they try to get rid of Hamas...

Either that,or they prefer the Hamas way of dealing with the Israeli's?

Edited by DogOnPorch

A more interesting question is whether we support our government's way of overthrowing democracies and supporting terrorists worse than Hamas.

Why should we hold the Palestinians to a higher standard? I'm having difficulty understanding the reasoning.

Frankly,that's a larger issue,and it's one I might agree with you on...

Because the apologists for terrorism are all over human rights. even while they ignore violations around the world (wink wink)...while international waters are open for trade and commerce.

I don't think you believe that Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International and Richard Goldstone have ignored violations around the world.

So what now? What's your excuse for being all for international water laws but not for international human rights laws?

A serious question for the sympathizers...

How does one reason with Islamofascism?

Do we have a little discussion,in Chamberlainesque fashion,to get ,"peace in our time"?

Most sympathizers tell us that it is a mistranslation or they were really celebrating a wedding...etc.

Like this gem...respect others cultures...damnit.

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCRj4ZPnYdk

I swear...they're all 18...lol.

Guest American Woman
Yes listening only to one side always leads one to an objective informed opinion. Just look where it got us so far.

Ummmm. If you aren't interested in what I posted, then apparently you are only listening to one side. <_<

On a different note, imagine a US vessel were to be boarded by obviously hostile foreign military, what an idyll of peaceful democracy it would be.

Your "different note" is totally off topic, not to mention completely generic. What would the scenario be? Where would the US vessel be headed and under what circumstances? And "obviously" hostile? Where are you getting that from?

Again, another post in response to mine without one word pertaining to what I posted/said.

Most sympathizers tell us that it is a mistranslation or they were really celebrating a wedding...etc.

Like this gem...respect others cultures...damnit.

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCRj4ZPnYdk

I swear...they're all 18...lol.

Ya gotta love the extreme left and it's insistance(sp) on moral and cultural relativism...

If these people want death,is'nt about time to give it to them?

I don't think you believe that Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International and Richard Goldstone have ignored violations around the world.

So what now? What's your excuse for being all for international water laws but not for international human rights laws?

I believe i wasn't obtuse, I was refering to you, not to the tools...

I believe i wasn't obtuse, I was refering to you, not to the tools...

My comments in regards to Israel's violations of international law are not my opinion. These alleged violations have been investigated and confirmed by these organizations. So take those organization's words for it. Then there are the ongoing international law violations, like the settlements and land annexations.

So why are you so eager for everyone to pay attention to and follow international water laws, but when it comes to human rights laws and the laws of war, you try to justify the violations?

My comments in regards to Israel's violations of international law are not my opinion. These alleged violations have been investigated and confirmed by these organizations. So take those organization's words for it. Then there are the ongoing international law violations, like the settlements and land annexations.

So why are you so eager for everyone to pay attention to and follow international water laws, but when it comes to human rights laws and the laws of war, you try to justify the violations?

Islamofascists,like Hamas,respect human rights or the laws of war?

From: http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2010/05/201053113252437484.html

Al Jazeera English has been following this story since the beginning, and had reporters on board filing stories from the flotilla, I figured they'd be better informed at this point than other outlets which are coming late to the story only after the incident.

And, of course, completely unbiased and reliable...

...So why are you so eager for everyone to pay attention to and follow international water laws, but when it comes to human rights laws and the laws of war, you try to justify the violations?

Oh...that's easy...so called human rights laws mean nothing without provisions and resources for enforcement, unlike dedicated military forces for a blockade.

Naomi threads on Palestinian land laws and Human rights in Palestine have been most illuminating

Wow...

Those guys are absolute leviathans in the realm of Human Rights,are'nt they?

How "progressive" of them!

I especially liked the part about extrajudicial killings and encouraging children to confront Israeli soldiers to use them as human sheilds...

Exactly. And a great question was asked. Why doesn't Egypt allow land access to Gaza for needed supplies?

Tarek Fatah was exactly right in asking that question...

Not only Egypt,but where are the other Arab nations coming to the aid(I mean aid,not to make war) of the Palestinians?

It's your threads regarding the volations by Hamas etc, that are so interesting...

In my Goldstone thread title, it was mentioned that both Israel and Hamas committed war crimes.

But yeah, side-tracking aside, what is your reason for taking the charge to protect international war laws while justifying the violations of international humanitarian laws and laws of war?

But yeah, side-tracking aside, what is your reason for taking the charge to protect international war laws while justifying the violations of international humanitarian laws and laws of war?

International war laws?

What do you have against international war laws? Or even what you call clumsily "international waters laws " what do you have against those too?

Tarek Fatah was exactly right in asking that question...

Not only Egypt,but where are the other Arab nations coming to the aid(I mean aid,not to make war) of the Palestinians?

Yes. It seems like it would makes things easier for everyone involved. Does anybody know the answer?

Yes. It seems like it would makes things easier for everyone involved. Does anybody know the answer?

Pretty simple:

Egypt, which depends on billions of dollars of annual aid from the U.S., says its actions in Gaza are driven by its own national interest. Not only is there pressure from Washington to stop smuggling into Gaza, but Mubarak is a staunch supporter of the Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, and views Hamas as an ally of his own most feared opponents, the banned Muslim Brotherhood.

I'm not sure,but I suspect that Mubarek has a serious fight on his hands internally with the Islamofascists within Egypt.I suspect he does'nt want to be labelled as someone who might be seen as appeasing the issue within the Arab world?

Mubarek is'nt exactly the nicest guy in the world,but he is definately the US' man in that country.Perhaps if he opens up that wall he's afraid he'll provide a conduit for arms that will be supplied to Hamas,and ruin the peace Egypt has with Israel?

I don't get it myself...

Edited by Jack Weber