Mosque going up in NYC building

Guest American Woman

You still haven't backed this crap up.

Actually I have. I posted a list. Of the 67 recorded terrorist incidents this year. More than 50 of them are Muslim related. In fact every year for the past several years, Muslims take the gold medal. By a significant margin.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THEN WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!?!?! Is ok as long as they aren't extremists? Or is it wrong for Germans to build in Isreal? Seriously I don't follow that thread of thought? Are all Muslims extremist in your view point?

Post 859 said that Krugman's comparison was incorrect. Post 865 pointed out that while Germany's crimes are far in the past and long reconciled, the crimes perpetrated on 911 are not. Any other questions?

What's true is stating that all 911 terrorists were Muslims. Like I've already said. Not all Muslims are terrorists. But if you're a terrorist, you're more likely to be Muslim. Facts can be stubborn things.

If you're a terrorist you're also more likely to be male.

Hmmm, maybe we should do something 'bout that?

Maybe limit the amount of male children brought into this world?

Oh, no, I'm not advocating this nonsense - but that's the point. It's nonsense.

We can pick out any common feature we want and then apply correlation to come up with stupid ideas like this or that those Muslims shouldn't have a mosque near 9/11 ground because, shudder, it might offend someone.

Go back to my first post in this thread on page 58 and read the Paul Krugman link in its entirety.

Read it 'til you understand it.

What's true is stating that all 911 terrorists were Muslims. Like I've already said. Not all Muslims are terrorists. But if you're a terrorist, you're more likely to be Muslim. Facts can be stubborn things.

Still doesn't mean anything Shady. You are more likely to be a Terrorist if you are a man as well what this Shady. Watch

What's true is stating that all 911 terrorists were Men. Like I've already said. Not all Men are terrorists. But if you're a terrorist, you're more likely to be Man. Facts can be stubborn things.

AND I bet if you took all the Terrorist attacks in the last year and weighed their population with the number of attacks performed you would find the number from men and the number from Muslims are pretty pretty close. SO WHAT IT IS STILL A TINY TINY % of the over population from each group.

Other things you are more likely a Terrorist if you are poorer, if you come from a large family and so it goes. Should we stop them from building salvation armies because large and poor families shop there? What about Mens stores. Seriously this is silly there 1.6 BILLION Muslims in the world which means 1 in every 5 people is a Muslim GET OVER IT!

Post 859 said that Krugman's comparison was incorrect. Post 865 pointed out that while Germany's crimes are far in the past and long reconciled, the crimes perpetrated on 911 are not. Any other questions?

So now it is a question of time? How long did it take the Jews to forgive the Germans than? We can calculate from there ok.

....Other things you are more likely a Terrorist if you are poorer, if you come from a large family and so it goes. Should we stop them from building salvation armies because large and poor families shop there? What about Mens stores. Seriously this is silly there 1.6 BILLION Muslims in the world which means 1 in every 5 people is a Muslim GET OVER IT!

No problem....we be killin' terrorists and insurgents day and night...if they just happen to be Muslim....it's not personal! ;)

So, if this were, say, 1949, then it would be crass for Germany to want to build an embassy in Israel?

But, by 1965, all of a sudden enough time has passed so that it's okay?

Huh?

At least one can argue about the state of Germany and the crime's committed in it's name.

Hitler and his ilk did represent the country, after all.

One cannot say that convincingly about 9/11.

No, the 19 Muslim men do not represent all Muslims just like they do not represent all men.

So now it is a question of time? How long did it take the Jews to forgive the Germans than? We can calculate from there ok.

It's not a question of time. It is a question of justice. Nazi war criminals were tried and executed or imprisoned. Germany accepted the role that it had in the crimes perpetrated during WWII, and paid reparations. Not all Germans were responsible, but they all ended up paying for and helping to try to partially right the some of the wrongs that were committed.

Get back to me when the Muslim nations that have spawned terrorist organizations have hunted down, tried, and executed or imprisoned the terrorists. In any case, this comparison is ridiculous. The acts committed by extremist Muslims thus far do not compare to the atrocities of the Nazis. But what is true is that the conflict (between the West and militant Islam) is ongoing, not yet over. Forgiveness and reconciliation do not happen while a conflict is still raging.

Edited by Bonam

So, if this were, say, 1949, then it would be crass for Germany to want to build an embassy in Israel?

But, by 1965, all of a sudden enough time has passed so that it's okay?

Huh?

At least one can argue about the state of Germany and the crime's committed in it's name.

Hitler and his ilk did represent the country, after all.

One cannot say that convincingly about 9/11.

No, the 19 Muslim men do not represent all Muslims just like they do not represent all men.

Well that was 16 years after all. But I mean by the time this things is completed they will only have to wait 2 years to open it to have that 16 year waiting period behind them right Bonam?

No problem....we be killin' terrorists and insurgents day and night...if they just happen to be Muslim....it's not personal! ;)

Sadly, if an extremist kills an American or Canadian (or other nationality) in Afghanistan, it's more likely that the American or Canadian was an ordinary joe and the "Muslim" was an extremist.

But that brings us back to Ron Paul on page 57, doesn't it?

Well that was 16 years after all. But I mean by the time this things is completed they will only have to wait 2 years to open it to have that 16 year waiting period behind them right Bonam?

Count the "waiting period" from when the conflict is over. In case you didn't notice, 911 wasn't the end.

Sadly, if an extremist kills an American or Canadian (or other nationality) in Afghanistan, it's more likely that the American or Canadian was an ordinary joe and the "Muslim" was an extremist.

He is more likely to kill another Muslim....time for another HRC!

But that brings us back to Ron Paul on page 57, doesn't it?

Who is Ron Paul?

The people youre opposing arent the people that perpetrated those crimes or any others. Youre sole reason for opposing their project is because they happen to believe in the same magic sky god as some other people who DID perpetrate those crimes. Whether you like it or not most people would describe that as bigotry.

It's not a question of time. It is a question of justice. Nazi war criminals were tried and executed or imprisoned. Germany accepted the role that it had in the crimes perpetrated during WWII, and paid reparations. Not all Germans were responsible, but they all ended up paying for and helping to try to partially right the some of the wrongs that were committed.

Get back to me when the Muslim nations that have spawned terrorist organizations have hunted down, tried, and executed or imprisoned the terrorists. In any case, this comparison is ridiculous. The acts committed by extremist Muslims thus far do not compare to the atrocities of the Nazis. But what is true is that the conflict (between the West and militant Islam) is ongoing, not yet over. Forgiveness and reconciliation do not happen while a conflict is still raging.

What are you talking about? Honestly. Close to a 1 million people have died in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan 90% of them were Muslims. That not enough justice for you? I mean Nuremberg only had about 200 people pay for that one.

BTW no one is fighting a war with Muslims in New York. No one. People just want to punish them with out reason.

Edited by punked

Go reread post 865, obviously it didn't sink in.

Huh?

That post is where you imply that Islamic extremists are the same as Muslims.

Are you sure you really want to continue along this line?

Sure, we will not reconcile with Islamic extremists. But not all Muslims are Islamic extremists.

I happen to have Muslims as clients and I don't see them any differently as any other normal Canadian. These people aren't extremists.

Well, except for the one I had to report to Fintrac for that $10,000 payment to Hamas. :P

The people youre opposing arent the people that perpetrated those crimes or any others.

Rauf has ties to terrorist supporters and is accepting funding from undisclosed sources.

Youre sole reason for opposing their project is because they happen to believe in the same magic sky god as some other people who DID perpetrate those crimes.

I don't give a damn about their sky god or any other.

What are you talking about? Honestly. Close to a 1 million people have died in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan 90% of them were Muslims. That not enough justice for you? I mean Nuremberg only had about 200 people pay for that one.

Umm, now whose the bigot? In case you forgot, most of the Muslims that have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan are civilians, not the ones responsible for the attacks. Their deaths do not bring justice. It is the terrorists who must be found and punished, but many of them are still at large.

Umm, now whose the bigot? In case you forgot, most of the Muslims that have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan are civilians, not the ones responsible for the attacks. Their deaths do not bring justice. It is the terrorists who must be found and punished, but many of them are still at large.

That was my point. All the Muslims in New York weren't in those planes. So why are punishing them?