Mosque going up in NYC building

Guest American Woman

Communism and Nazism, both two sides of the same coin, atheist states, revering a man as if he were God.

But you are right, of humour I have no shortage, for laughter is the joy of life, and a good man must enjoy his gift of life from Allah.

We know Lictor...You've admitted that your an atheist many times...

We know your a Darwinian who thinks man survives only through conflict..

Francis Evola,Friedrich Nietsche...Blah,blah,blah

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

The jig's up...You can go back to Stormfront and tell the many Fuehrer's there that the mission has failed...

Edited by Jack Weber

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

Ok ok, a few blocks down the street from the ruins. Technicalities, sheesh.

It's a couple of blocks from the WTC, but it is "in the ruins" in that it's being built in a building available only because of the actions of extremist Muslims on 9-11. The extremists damaged the building, making it available because of the damage, so now (supposed) moderates are moving in, but there's nothing to prevent extremists from attending. None of the arguments people are giving address that fact.

Guest American Woman

Sure, and I suppose it's surprising to you that Germany has an embassy in Israel.

Is it on property available only because of Nazi German's destructive actions, in the shadow of an Israeli memorial site of said actions? No, it's not. On the other hand, there has been objection to the US embassy in Iraq; objection that I've clearly stated I understand and empathize with. I guess that makes me an anti-American bigot according to the mentality of the 'you're a bigot!' crowd here. :rolleyes:

But your 'comparison' isn't a relevant comparison at all. No one finds is surprising or is objecting to NYC having mosques. People who are objecting to this mosque are objecting because of the property it's being built on for the reasons stated over and over again.

They are not objecting to NYC having Mosques.

Edited by American Woman

Guest American Woman

Says the terrorist. Wait, would that be name-calling? Nope, not if I claim that "it's true". Doesn't matter if there's no evidence to support it right?

Several posters in this thread, evidently including yourself, are in the habit of assuming everyone you disagree with is a bigot. You may want to grow up sometime and realize that a wide range of opinions can exist on any given topic without the people holding those opinions being evil.

Amen to that.

It's truly mind boggling how simple-minded their point of view is. It's based almost completely on what they claim other people think/believe in spite of the fact that it's not what they are saying at all, and they've clearly stated, ad naseum, what they do think.

Yet all they can keep coming back with is their simple minded cry of "bigot!"

And in doing so, what they completely ignore is the fact that there are Muslims who feel the same way we do about this one, not "all," ONE, Mosque.

Here's a few scenes from the Imam's Tribeca mosque.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpJVD-A2wOM

I can't help but notice that this mosque is segregated...men allowed inside...women not allowed. Who here wants to chime in a few words of support for this practice? Anyone?

Edited by DogOnPorch

I can't help but notice that this mosque is segregated...men allowed inside...women not allowed. Who here wants to chime in a few words of support for this practice? Anyone?

I bet one of our Jewish members might...

Is it on property available only because of Nazi German's destructive actions, in the shadow of an Israeli memorial site of said actions? No, it's not. On the other hand, there has been objection to the US embassy in Iraq; objection that I've clearly stated I understand and empathize with. I guess that makes me an anti-American bigot according to the mentality of the 'you're a bigot!' crowd here. :rolleyes:

But your 'comparison' isn't a relevant comparison at all. No one finds is surprising or is objecting to NYC having mosques. People who are objecting to this mosque are objecting because of the property it's being built on for the reasons stated over and over again.

They are not objecting to NYC having Mosques.

Yes it is Called Israel, it is only a country because of the actions of the Nazis in WW2 get with the program.

WHAT I AM SHOCKED!?!?! Next you will tell me the Catholic church doesn't let women be priests AND that Jewish Rabbis say women should not run for public office!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10161713

Seriously it is called freedom of religion and this how their house of worship works.

What's missing?

Is that in the Muslim religion women and men worship in separate rooms? With separate genders leading the prays. I mean honestly even in the CANADIAN TV SHOW Little Mosque they address this. This is how they worship women in one room men in the other.

Like it or not all religions are sexist or the main ones at least so don't even try that.

Edited by punked

What's missing?

Your point is well taken. Yes, this is something we in the west disagree with.

But it does not support the argument, to build or not build the mosque at this site. Unless of course, you want to make a stand and say, no mosques should be allowed anywhere, and no muslims should be welcome anywhere.

But let me emphasize, not saying your views are bigoted...

:wacko:

Edited by Sir Bandelot

WHAT I AM SHOCKED!?!?! Next you will tell me the Catholic church doesn't let women be priests AND that Jewish Rabbis say women should not run for public office!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10161713

Seriously it is called freedom of religion and this how their house of worship works.

No matter the failings of the other make believe movements out there, only Islam activly prevents women from praying inside certain so-called mainstream mosques. They are dirty things, afterall. That scene is from Manhattan...not Afghanistan. It's the same guys that are going to build this $100,000,000 mosque. Do you support the segregation of women?

Your point is well taken. Yes, this is something we in the west disagree with.

But iIt does not support the argument, to build or not build the mosque at this site. Unless of course, you want to make a stand and say, no mosques should be allowed anywhere, and no muslims should be welcome anywhere.

I think Islam sucks. What does that tell you? It's iconoclastic, combative, intolerant and provocative....all at the same time.

No matter the failings of the other make believe movements out there, only Islam activly prevents women from praying inside certain so-called mainstream mosques. They are dirty things, afterall. That scene is from Manhattan...not Afghanistan. It's the same guys that are going to build this $100,000,000 mosque. Do you support the segregation of women?

What are you talking about? Women pray in this Mosque they do it in a separate room or service. They however don't pray with the men for a number of reasons that are built into their religion. Only an idiot would think a religion would not let women prey that makes all members do it 5 times a day.

I don't support the segregation of women which is why the Catholics, Mormons, and Jews are crazy as well however they would be allowed to build a church with out you blinking an eye. How come that is ok?

Edited by punked