Mosque going up in NYC building

Guest American Woman

Guest TrueMetis

You should really drop the 'bigot' rhetoric. Tiresome. You don't know me...I don't know you.

Many will view this as a victory for Islam...particulary Radical Islam...you know...the ones we have to watch-out for. The ones that would gladly put you 6 ft under without so much as a by-your-leave. Yeah...those ones. Plus, no matter that y'all want to split hairs re: Ground Zero/9-11...they'll view it as a mosque built AT Ground Zero...not 600' away.

A victory...that's what it'll be. That's how it will be viewed.

And people would view it as a victory if it was stopped, radical Muslims would be using it as proof that the U.S. is afraid of them. So what's your point?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. The fact that she can't seem to understand that she is incriminating herself with every statement is quite telling.

Gee...an American with a valid opinion about America. She makes herself quite clear and her views are shared by many including the ADL...who no doubt are also a pack of racist bigots in some folk's eyes.

:lol:

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2010/08/04/am.fox.adl.nyc.mosque.cnn.html

...as the fellow from the ADL says...if I had a 100 million dollars to build a outreach centre...how about building it in Saudi Arabia...because they REALLY need it.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Guest American Woman
Yes because all Muslims are trying to topple western civilization. They all think and act exactly the same. :rolleyes:

Who said anything about "all?" Other than those of you accusing people of it, that is.....

Keep reading things that aren't there. <_<

Which (last I checked) I have every right to criticize.

Yes...but one friend of mine Smallc is more or less saying my other friend, American Woman, is a racist bigot. This we both know is not true. It's her America, too. Not just this provocative Imam's.

Guest American Woman

Gee...an American with a valid opinion about America. She makes herself quite clear and her views are shared by many including the ADL...who no doubt are also a pack of racist bigots in some folk's eyes.

:lol:

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2010/08/04/am.fox.adl.nyc.mosque.cnn.html

...as the fellow from the ADL says...if I had a 100 million dollars to build a outreach centre...how about building it in Saudi Arabia...because they REALLY need it.

Notice that they simply ignore the fact that there are Muslims who feel the same way I do. Makes it much easier for them to accuse me of blaming all Muslims. Simply ignore what doesn't fit their misconceptions and continue as if the information was never presented/doesn't exist.

I think my favorite part, though, is being assumed of being bigoted towards Muslims because I said I'd feel the same way about any religion that was responsible for 9-11?

Notice that they simply ignore the fact that there are Muslims who feel the same way I do. Makes it much easier for them to accuse me of blaming all Muslims. Simply ignore what doesn't fit their misconceptions and continue as if the information was never presented/doesn't exist.

I think my favorite part, though, is being assumed of being bigoted towards Muslims because I said I'd feel the same way about any religion that was responsible for 9-11?

They just don't have M.Dancer to pick-on or worry about...lol. So you'll do. Soon...folks...soon...you'll have your favorite mocker back.

Guest American Woman

Because people spin everything to suite their needs.

So you do recognize your behavior then. They say the first step to self help is recognizing the problem, so perhaps there's hope for you yet..... :)

Save it. Read what you wrote above:

I would feel the same about any religion that was responsible for 9-11

You keep confirming my suspicions.

Exactly. The fact that she can't seem to understand that she is incriminating herself with every statement is quite telling.

Clearly I'm not the only one who can't figure her out on this. I've been trying for a while to see the light of her logic, but it still seems contradictory to me. Her association of muslim religion with the terrorists is inconsistent with her claims that she is not a bigot. Plus, whenever you ask about these inconsistencies she gets all mad and whiny.

AW, I know you've answered the same questions about it at least a few dozen times by now, always giving the same answer, and claiming you're being misunderstood. But looks like people are not buying your explanation. You say a religion was responsible for 9-11? How's that again? You must get misunderstood quite a lot. I don't think you're really a bigot, but your views are all tangled up, too complicated. I think I know you mean a yes, but it's all wrong. That is, I think I disagree...

Notice that they simply ignore the fact that there are Muslims who feel the same way I do.

Its because its irrelevent. The opinion of muslims isnt monolithic.

My favorite part was the suggestion that the people who have spent shitloads of time, money, and effort getting this project off the ground should cancel it... because of empathy :lol::lol::lol: Although I admit the suggestion that a "religion" was responsible for 911 was a close 2nd! :D

Clearly I'm not the only one who can't figure her out on this. I've been trying for a while to see the light of her logic, but it still seems contradictory to me. Her association of muslim religion with the terrorists is inconsistent with her claims that she is not a bigot. Plus, whenever you ask about these inconsistencies she gets all mad and whiny.

AW, I know you've answered the same questions about it at least a few dozen times by now, always giving the same answer, and claiming you're being misunderstood. But looks like people are not buying your explanation. You say a religion was responsible for 9-11? How's that again? You must get misunderstood quite a lot. I don't think you're really a bigot, but your views are all tangled up, too complicated. I think I know you mean a yes, but it's all wrong. That is, I think I disagree...

Who declared a Holy War against the United States?

Guest American Woman

I have another favorite part in this thread: it's the posts where anyone who disagrees with the 'you're a bigot!! you think this even though you said you didn't!' crowd is not only a bigot, but "whining" when they state their views.

:lol: :lol:

I can only assume the Muslims who are in disagreement are whining when they state their views, too.

:D :D

Edited by American Woman

Its because its irrelevent. The opinion of muslims isnt monolithic.

My favorite part was the suggestion that the people who have spent shitloads of time, money, and effort getting this project off the ground should cancel it... because of empathy :lol::lol::lol: Although I admit the suggestion that a "religion" was responsible for 911 was a close 2nd! :D

See BC-2004's post re: B-29 Monument in Hiroshima...maybe a nice big statue of Paul Tibbets for ending WW2 so favorably would be nice.

Oh. My. God.

How are be back to me blaming all Muslims, which I clearly said I don't, by my admitting that I would feel the same about any religion that was responsible for 9-11?

Are the Muslim Americans who question it, who don't think it's the right choice, blaming all Muslims too?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Learn to listen to what people say. Until you do, I'll just continue to shake my head at your ignorance.

I don't know are the Jewish leaders and non-Muslim Americans WHO LIVE IN NEW YORK who support the building wrong to do so too. The line cuts both ways.

She does this in almost every thread she participates in... if you watch for it youll see this is a common theme. Its her MO. She doesnt understand what inference is... so she makes all kinds of bizzare and conflicting statements based on confused and tortured logic, and then when people infer a meaning from them, she jumps up and down screaming VICTIM! VICTIM!... Thats normally followed up with howls of "IDIOTS!" and such.

On the point, will the Jihadists use the building of the mosque as a victory for their movement, or will theu use the cancelling of the mosque as a victory for their movement, the answer is probably, Yes and Yes.

The inflammatory debate brings this up the highest level of attention, which is what terrorists thrive on. Pandoras box is already wide open, so hardly matters now either way wht the outcome is. Or maybe, the worst outcome for ordinary muslims, and best for the terrorists is that he mosque does get built, and gets attacked and blown up by muslim-haters. I say this because, there's already been threats of that happening if it gets built. You can bet it will be a security hotspot.

For moderate people who just want to live an ordinary life, muslim or non-muslim, too late now.

She does this in almost every thread she participates in... if you watch for it youll see this is a common theme. Its her MO. She doesnt understand what inference is... so she makes all kinds of bizzare and conflicting statements based on confused and tortured logic, and then when people infer a meaning from them, she jumps up and down screaming VICTIM! VICTIM!... Thats normally followed up with howls of "IDIOTS!" and such.

See...he took the course. Was the Imam there?

:lol::lol:

Guest American Woman

Who declared a Holy War against the United States?

Exactly. Which is obviously what I'm referring to.

It takes a real ignoramus, or dishonest person, or outright stupidity, to not get what I'm referring to when I spoke of "religion" being responsible. Obviously, considering I've said it at least a dozen times, I'm referring to extremist Muslims. Odd that the one or two times I didn't qualify it with "extremist" they have no problem remembering it and bringing it up over and over, while they ignore the bajillion times I've said "I don't blame all Muslims." Fact is, extremist Muslims (emphasized for the uber sensative PC police on the board) were responsible for 9-11.

For the love of God, if I blamed all Muslims, I'd simply say so.

That I've had to waste about 50 posts refuting things I never said,/don't believe/have repeatedly said outright that I don't believe, makes me really question the intelligence and/or honesty of quite a few posters.

Edited by American Woman