Mosque going up in NYC building

Guest American Woman

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rauf has ties to terrorist supporters and is accepting funding from undisclosed sources.

I don't give a damn about their sky god or any other.

Yes you do... their sky god is the mechanism youre using to link the people that want to build this church with the 911 Mujahadeen.

Umm, now whose the bigot? In case you forgot, most of the Muslims that have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan are civilians, not the ones responsible for the attacks. Their deaths do not bring justice. It is the terrorists who must be found and punished, but many of them are still at large.

Checkmate.

Thanks for playing.

That was my point. All the Muslims in New York weren't in those planes. So why are punishing them?

A bit of public opposition to a Mosque being built by a man with ties to terrorist supporters is "punishment for all the Muslims of New York"?

A bit of public opposition to a Mosque being built by a man with ties to terrorist supporters is "punishment for all the Muslims of New York"?

What are you talking about TIES. You keep saying Ties. The Man you are referring to has for the entirety of the his carrier preached that the West's values and Islam go hand in hand. I suggest you read the THREE BOOKS he wrote about on Islam and its place in contemporary Western society. Seriously the guy is a someone who has always preached tolerance and peace.

I suggest you start with

A Call to Prayer from the WTC Rubble: Islamic Da'wah from the Heart of America Post 911

Then maybe you can have an informed opinion on the guy instead of once someone who once said "Death to America" once brushed up against him in a subway train and that means he is evil.

Edited by punked

What are you talking about TIES. You keep saying Ties.

I am just going by what this Muslim article is saying:

http://www.islamicpluralism.org/1605/a-muslim-case-against-the-mosque

Muslim leaders dealing with non-Muslims are also supposed to practice moderation -- not only in words, but also in their deeds and associations. Rauf portrays himself as a spiritual moderate. But he has maintained links with Muslim radicals, including enablers of terror, whom he declines to disavow. These include the Malaysian politician Mahathir Mohamad, who supports Hamas' Gaza dictatorship.

The imam refuses to identify the prospective financial contributors to his undertaking -- so we don't know if there are any radicals among his donors.

American Muslim leaders, especially Sufis and other moderates who assert that peace may be attained through dialogue, cannot accept any alignment with Hamas or any similar organization.

Nor, for that matter, can Muslim leaders allow any accommodation with the clerical tyranny in Iran or with such extremists as the Saudi Wahhabis, Muslim Brotherhood (of which Hamas is a branch) or Pakistani jihadism. Unfortunately, such groups now heavily influence American Islam.

The Man you are referring to has for the entirety of the his carrier preached that the West's values and Islam go hand in had.

Seems he's a bit off the mark. While moderate Muslims may not be a problem and can perhaps eventually blend into Western societies, the values of Islam (as well as those of Christianity) certainly do not go hand in hand with the West's values.

I suggest you read the THREE FUCKING BOOKS he wrote...

Sorry I don't need to read "fucking books". I'm ok in the "fucking" department without reading the books of some religious dude.

Edit: Lol nice stealth edit to cut out all the swear words from your post. Getting a bit worked up are you? Not thinking before you post?

Edited by Bonam

I am just going by what this Muslim article is saying:

http://www.islamicpluralism.org/1605/a-muslim-case-against-the-mosque

Muslim leaders dealing with non-Muslims are also supposed to practice moderation -- not only in words, but also in their deeds and associations. Rauf portrays himself as a spiritual moderate. But he has maintained links with Muslim radicals, including enablers of terror, whom he declines to disavow. These include the Malaysian politician Mahathir Mohamad, who supports Hamas' Gaza dictatorship.

The imam refuses to identify the prospective financial contributors to his undertaking -- so we don't know if there are any radicals among his donors.

American Muslim leaders, especially Sufis and other moderates who assert that peace may be attained through dialogue, cannot accept any alignment with Hamas or any similar organization.

Nor, for that matter, can Muslim leaders allow any accommodation with the clerical tyranny in Iran or with such extremists as the Saudi Wahhabis, Muslim Brotherhood (of which Hamas is a branch) or Pakistani jihadism. Unfortunately, such groups now heavily influence American Islam.

Seems he's a bit off the mark. While moderate Muslims may not be a problem and can perhaps eventually blend into Western societies, the values of Islam (as well as those of Christianity) certainly do not go hand in hand with the West's values.

Sorry I don't need to read "fucking books". I'm ok in the "fucking" department without reading the books of some religious dude.

Edit: Lol nice stealth edit to cut out all the swear words from your post. Getting a bit worked up are you? Not thinking before you post?

That is great you read an article by someone who converted to Islam 10 years ago to sell books and started the website you got his article from and now you are an expert. Nice glade to hear it. However here in the real world having ties to Mahathir Mohamad who you might not know because the "article" describes him as a "politician" was the Prime Minister of Malaysia for 23 years isn't the samething as having terrorist ties. You might not know this but Abdul Rauf learned and preached in Malaysia at one time. Him knowing the prime minster does not shock me at all.

The other thing you might no know is the AMERICAN GOVERNMENT is sending him next week on a tour through the middle to try and do outreach. He after all this is willing to go to the middle east to talk up America only shows what type of person he is.

Again now you explain away the Bush's knowing the Bin Laden's. Knowing someone doesn't mean crap.

PS.

I edit my posts until I think they say what I mean. I edited out the fucking not for you but those who will read this thread later on.

Edited by punked

That is great you read an article by someone who converted to Islam 10 years ago to sell books and started the website you got his article from and now you are an expert. Nice glade to hear it. However here in the real world having ties to Mahathir Mohamad who you might not know because the "article" describes him as a "politician" was the Prime Minister of Malaysia for 23 years isn't the samething as having terrorist ties. You might not know this but Abdul Rauf learned and preached in Malaysia at one time. Him knowing the prime minster does not shock me at all.

Nevertheless, whether he knows him or not, he should "disavow" Mohamad, who, apparently, supports Hamas.

Again now you explain away the Bush's knowing the Bin Laden's. Knowing someone doesn't mean crap.

Bush had no problem "disavowing" people like bin Laden.

The other thing you might no know is the AMERICAN GOVERNMENT is sending him next week on a tour through the middle to try and do outreach. He after all this is willing to go to the middle east to talk up America only shows what type of person he is.

Someone willing to fly somewhere (on the taxpayer's dime?) to hopefully get some good PR for himself and his projects? Doesn't sound like too rare a type of person...

Nevertheless, whether he knows him or not, he should "disavow" Mohamad, who, apparently, supports Hamas.

Ummmm Mahathir bin Mohamad was THE MOST liberal leader of a Muslim country probably ever. The guy still represents Malaysia at the WTO and many trade negotiation. Yeah he can be dumb at time but disavowing him would mean disavowing the ideas he implemented which are a giant step forward in comparison to most Muslim countries. I think you should go back and look at other Muslim countries and how they progressed and compare them to Malaysia over the last 30 years. The only thing you have showed me today is you know nothing about the world or its politics.

Ummmm Mahathir bin Mohamad was THE MOST liberal leader of a Muslim country probably ever. The guy still represents Malaysia at the WTO and many trade negotiation. Yeah he can be dumb at time but disavowing him would mean disavowing the ideas he implemented which are a giant step forward in comparison to most Muslim countries. I think you should go back and look at other Muslim countries and how they progressed and compare them to Malaysia over the last 30 years. The only thing you have showed me today is you know nothing about the world or its politics.

So because other Muslim countries are even more backward than Malaysia that's a good thing?

Guest TrueMetis

Foolish westerner. If you wish to utter the holy words, learn at least to spell them properly: Allāhu Akbar. Practice, and accept the truth of Islam in your heart, and perhaps you shall be spared when we rule over your country by the sword.

Alright Bonam enough of this, I saw you come online after this alt went offline. He was online you were offline, he's offline and your online, he's online your offline. Nice try though.

Edited by TrueMetis

So because other Muslim countries are even more backward than Malaysia that's a good thing?

No I am saying you know nothing about anything and yet think you get to have an opinion. Mahathir bin Mohamad has ties to many many world leaders, who have never disavowed him including Paul Martin and Bush. If Mahathir bin Mohamad is all you got as a tie then you got nothing.

Alright Bonam enough of this, I saw you come online after this alt went offline. He was online you were offline, he's offline and your online, he's online your offline.

What? Dude I've been on the whole time. I've barely stopped posting in this thread lol. I've been at the forefront of exposing alt accounts, like dub's new alias, naomi.

Alright Bonam enough of this, I saw you come online after this alt went offline. He was online you were offline, he's offline and your online, he's online your offline. Nice try though.

Don't worry he isn't a bigot he proved that a few pages ago by calling everyone a terrorist. Remember?

No I am saying you know nothing about anything and yet think you get to have an opinion. Mahathir bin Mohamad has ties to many many world leaders, who have never disavowed him including Paul Martin and Bush. If Mahathir bin Mohamad is all you got as a tie then you got nothing.

Shrug, take it up with the article. It says ties "including" that. I didn't do further research about Rauf and really don't much care to.

Guest TrueMetis

What? Dude I've been on the whole time. I've barely stopped posting in this thread lol. I've been at the forefront of exposing alt accounts, like dub's new alias, naomi.

Never mind your both on right now. Pretty serious coincidence then because according to your profile you and him where trading offline/online status.

Edited by TrueMetis