Mosque going up in NYC building

Guest American Woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGivELEG0Ko&feature=related

It's a conspiracy I tell you. These Muslims are not sincerely good at heart. They're being kind because it's a requirement of Shari'a law. They're trying to Islamize the country, see. It's a way to attract people to Islam. Just as the Islamic centre should not be built there, so Muslims have to stop being kind too or it will confuse people, damn it.

I'm telling you, it's a conspiracy. :rolleyes:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

Quite frankly, the "all opponents hae Muslims" rhetoric is getting as tiresome than the "Muslim are terrorist suspects until proven otherwise" school of thought.

Of course it's getting tiresome. Because it's true that not all opponents hate Muslims. Just the ones that don't oppose it for the same reasons you do. So of course it's tiresome to have the same crap that you give to others applied to you. Very tiresome indeed. My heart goes out to you. :)

Guest American Woman

New York Muslim saves Jews from 'Christian' antisemitism.

Bust still, if this guy thinks he's earned the right to be treated as an equal around Ground Zero, think again. The protesters will haunt him at every turn, because after all it's his beliefs that led to the attacks, right? :unsure:

Yep. That's what's going to happen. Because that's what all the protesters think (except Canadien). It's how they all act, too (except Canadien). He hasn't earned the right to be treated as an equal at all. No one is applying the same standards to any other group, in spite of what they say. Because if people around here decide they don't believe what people say, then their beliefs cease to be what they are. And of course if they aren't saying what other people have ascribed to them, they aren't to be believed. And that's absolutely a good thing.

So yeah. It's exactly as you say it is. The poor guy is going to be haunted American bigots because of his beliefs. How dare he believe what he believes! It's his beliefs that we all object to.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You're a rabid anit-American bigot. And it shows up in pretty much all of your posts. I don't think I've ever seen this level of bigotry and prejudice in this forum.
Remember only CPC voters can be bigots. Not Dippers or Grits. They're never bigoted. </sarcasm>

To be anti-American in Canada these days only shows you have a mind, at least more presence of mind than the idiots south of us who think it `disrespectful' to turn a privately-owned building two blocks from `ground zero' into a mosque. It's been a mosque for years anyways... there are over 20 mosques in your precious New York... get over it.

Republican freaks are grasping at straws with this one...

Edited by Radsickle

How am I a hate-monger? Are you ever going to address the rest of my post? Or are you just going to keep on making unsubstantiated claims?

Nah, nah, boo, boo.

"He did it, no he did hit". Teacher he hit me.....

Exploiting isn't necessarily a negative. I exploit the carrots in my garden on a regular basis. Seriously dude, give it up. You've lost. You look ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Kimmy points out that the Imam is exploiting 911 by his actions. His exploitation of that event is given as a reason the mosque is not a good thing.

Now if exploitation is neither here nor there since 911 has been exploited by everybody and their dog - Nato exploits it, the UN exploits it, NYFD exploits it, YouTube exploits it, Politicians exploit it etc - then kimmys point that the Imam is exploiting the disaster becomes pointless.

171 pages and counting, and nothing new or relevant being added... Enough time wasted on this....

I will only say what I have said along along.

1) Te Cordoba Project is a worthwhile initiative

2) Unfortunately, it's promoters dhould renounce their project, because it is not achieving its goal

3) The primary reason for this is that a tiny minority of Islamophobes have hijacked the opposition to the project

4) Neither the vast majority of the opponents nor the promoters of the project bear responsibility for the failure

5)And they are a (very tiny) majority of people who while claiming that they don't blame all Muslims and that they want to build brisges and yada and yada and yadda yadda (and actually believe yhemselves) rarely miss an occasion to blame the promters of the Project for its failure, cast doubts on their intentions and play (without even realizinf it) the guit game. I do not buy those people's defense that no, that's not what tey're doing.

6) I would have to be a complete idiot to argue, or claim, or say, or insinuate that anyone who does not share my position 100% is a bigot or an Islamophobe... Those who believe I did that do not have a clue, and that particular drivel have come from laughable to just plain boring

Someone please let me kknow when there is somwthing new on thread. I have said what I have to say oin the topic, and I have no reason, need or intend to keep repeating myself.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/13/new.york.imam/index.html?hpt=T1

The Imam says something that I have been saying for some time..

"The real battlefront, the real battle we must wage together today, is not between Muslims and non-Muslims, but it is between moderates of all faith traditions against the extremists of all the faith traditions. We must not let the extremists, whatever their faith, whatever their political persuasion, hijack the discourse and hijack the media. That only fuels greater extremism."

It's not surprising you missed his point. The point of fighting extremism across the board.

It's ridiculous to equate people in North America exercising their 1st Amdendment rights to extremeist Muslims perpetuating death and violence. Give us a break already. :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous to equate people in North America exercising their 1st Amdendment rights to extremeist Muslims perpetuating death and violence. Give us a break already. :rolleyes:

You hit the nail on the head.

Both you and JBG are missing the point here. Which is that extremism needs to be fought everywhere, not just in Islam. And he is right. I've been advocating just that.