Mosque going up in NYC building

Guest American Woman

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

Let's see... saw a poll a few years back that indacted that 25-30% of Americans believed that wives should submit to their husband. That's significant enough to me.

You don't get the difference between "thinking" and "acting." Someone may think children should be seen and not heard, but you can't look at someone else beating the crap out of their kid for making noise and compare the two.

We're not referring to what too many men "think" about women under Islam, we are referring to how too many women are actually repressed under Islam.

As for those Americans who "think wives should submit to their husbands," I bet it's mostly a thought they keep to themselves, much less act on....... :P

You don't get the difference between "thinking" and "acting." Someone may think children should be seen and not heard, but you can't look at someone else beating the crap out of their kid for making noise and compare the two.

We're not referring to what too many men "think" about women under Islam, we are referring to how too many women are actually repressed under Islam.

As for those Americans who "think wives should submit to their husbands," I bet it's mostly a thought they keep to themselves, much less act on....... :P

And how many of those women are muslim women are repressed in North America?

I see. So you just make up something and than proclaim it as fact and as significant. :rolleyes:

If that's what you see, then you need glasses. As for making up things... Don't worry, I will never manage to raise the level of expertise you demonstrate every time you turn opinions that run short of your blatant bigotry into some imaginary support for Al-Quaeda.

Edited by CANADIEN

If that's what you see, then you need glasses. As for making up things... Don't worry, I will never manage to raise the level of expertise you demonstrate every time you turn opinions that run short of your blatant bigotry into some imaginary support for Al-Quaeda.

How about you provide a link to back up your made up statistics? :rolleyes:

How about you provide a link to back up your made up statistics? :rolleyes:

Like I wll waste my time checking if omething I saw years ago is actually on the Web right now, in 2010. BTW,if you believe that I care for even one nanosecond whether you believe me or not, you are even more delusional that you are bigoted.

Edited by CANADIEN

Like I wll waste my time checking if omething I saw years ago is actually on the Web right now, in 2010. BTW,if you believe that I care for even one nanosecond whether you believe me or not, you are even more delusional that you are bigoted.

That's what I thought. You're full of bull poop, and can't back up your made up facts.

Guest American Woman

And I said there wasn't a difference? really? I did that? :lol: :lol::lol:

So you do recognize that there's a difference? Really? You do?

Yet you still posted about what Americans "think" in regards to what Muslims "do" as if it were somehow relevant. 'Muslims may do that, but look what Americans think!' :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

People can "think" what they want til the cows come home, but when the impose their thoughts on me so it becomes my reality, then I have a problem with it. Get it?

So you do recognize that there's a difference? Really? You do?

Yet you still posted about what Americans "think" in regards to what Muslims "do" as if it were somehow relevant. 'Muslims may do that, but look what Americans think!' :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

People can "think" what they want til the cows come home, but when the impose their thoughts on me so it becomes my reality, then I have a problem with it. Get it?

(mandatory notice; in this case, the term "some people" most definitely includes AW)

Is the issue of what some North American men think about women submission relevantto the debate about the Cordoba Project? Hardly. And I have made better postings than that one. Now, unlike some people who feel the need to repeat the same non-sense for over 150 pages, I do not intend to even mention it after this postings.

That being said, the issue of the situation of women in some Muslim countries is also irrelevant when talking about the Cordoba Centre. Unless the Centre is gonna be used as a place where women are beaten up, or the promoters of the Projecta secret agenda to impose the burqa on American women. Get it?

Edited by CANADIEN

Guest American Woman

Is the issue of what some North American men think about women submission relevantto the debate about the Cordoba Project? Hardly.

We're in agreement there.

And I have made better postings than that one.

Here's where the disagreement flies out the window ...........

Now, unlike some people who feel the need to repeat the same non-sense for over 150 pages, I do not intend to even mention it after this postings.

Good for you. I bet it'll be easy for you NOT to repeat it, too, since 1) even you admit it has nothing to do with the issue and 2) likely other people won't be misrepresenting it and throwing it back at you every time you post.

That being said, the issue of the situation of women in some Muslim countries is also irrelevant when talking about the Cordoba Centre. Unless the Centre is gonna be used as a place where women are beaten up, or the promoters of the Projecta secret agenda to impose the burqa on American women. Get it?

Who's limiting the issue to just "the situation in some Muslim countries?" And who's talking about it being used as a place to do the things you mentioned? Obviously you still don't get it, and I get that you likely never will.

likely other people won't be misrepresenting it and throwing it back at you every time you post.

Most likely because when I post non-sense, it takes me less than 150 pages to recognize it.

But rest assured... I have said often enough that I don't believe you, and why you do not make sense. I won't waste time repeating it. If it drags on for another 150 pages, it will be your doing and that of other people, not mine. In other words, keep on with your "I am misunderstood" routine for as long as you want, I won't bother respond unless there is something new in it.

Who's limiting the issue to just "the situation in some Muslim countries?"

When I find someone here who is doing that, I'll tell you. And I'll start by saying that somebody is doing that. Which, obviously, I haven't said and have no reason to say.
And who's talking about it being used as a place to do the things you mentioned?

You are of course free to argue for 150 pages that I said that anybody on this thread is claiming that the Cordoba Centre will be used to force North American women to submit. It won't change one simple fact - I didn't say people on this thread made such claims because nobody on this thread made such claims. You won't get it.

Now, it is a fact that one person (namely kimmy) has introduced the issue of the treatment of women in the debate. Nope, she hasn't made the claims I didn't say anyone has made. But if she believes it's relevant, then she is welcome to show why it is relevant. You will not get it.

Until then, as I do not consider it relevant, I'm not talking about it further.

Edited by CANADIEN

I've seen what can be perceived as proof that he doesn't intend to build bridges in his refusal to consider other locations when this one is doing the exact opposite of that intent. Normally when one wants to build bridges, they act in a way that's conducive to building bridges .....

Imam Feisal Rauf: Moving Islamic Cultural Center Would Have 'Fueled Terrorism'

My major concern with moving it is that the headline in the Muslim world will be 'Islam is under attack in America,'" said Rauf. "This will strengthen the radicals in the Muslim world, help their recruitment, this will put our people -- our soldiers, our troops, our embassies, our citizens -- under attack in the Muslim world and we [would] have expanded and fueled terrorism

continued example of kimmy's 'Rauf exploitation' at work - hey kimmy?

There was, he added, "growing Islamophobia in this country."

"How else would you describe the fact that mosques around the country are now being attacked? We are Americans, too. We are treated and talked about today as if American Muslims are not Americans. We are Americans. We are doctors. We are investment bankers. We are taxi drivers. We are store keepers. We are lawyers. We are part of the fabric of America. And the way that America today treats its Muslims is being watched by over a billion Muslims worldwide."

growing Islamophobia in the Excited States? Do tell... do tell - hey AW?

Let's get one thing clear; if people come to this country they should come because they like what we have,not to change us into the hellholes they left. Is that clear?

Nope. I back up any statistics I cite. You don't. You're full of bull poop.

Correction... you keep being caught misrepresenting statistics, misquoting people, and attributing to other people positions that clear they don't have. But I stand corrected... I thought you were the pot calling the kettle black... I should have realized I was dealing with the whole kitchen.

Let's get one thing clear; if people come to this country they should come because they like what we have,not to change us into the hellholes they left. Is that clear?

And what is even clearer is that you cannot prove that the promoters of the Cordoba Centre intend to do that.

Edited by CANADIEN

:) Funny...I'm waiting for the same explanation about my supposed anti-Americanism.

I'd be especially interested if someone could get specific, and avoid vague platitudes about "your type thinks," and other bland inventions.

No guys... Shady is right all the way.

It is not possible for somebody to see a piece of information somewhere, absorb it than retrieving it from his memory a few years later...

Everything, and I mean everything is on the Web... which means I didn't have a conversation with some friends this morning about their honeymoon, but I digress...

And you are rabid Anti-Americans... After all, you won't engage in treating each and every Muslim on the planet as a terrorist until proven otherwise, you don't hate Barack Obama for being to the left of Attila the Hun or Franco. You HAVE to be ani-American.

Imam Feisal Rauf: Moving Islamic Cultural Center Would Have 'Fueled Terrorism'

continued example of kimmy's 'Rauf exploitation' at work - hey kimmy?

I think the Iman is overstating his case here... It is a simplistic to equate any and all opposition to his project as Islamophobia. At the same time, it is simplistic and quite frankly naive to ignore the fact that hate-mongerers (on both sides) are having a field day.