Hope & Change is it pertains to Iran and the "Muslim World&#34

Ok. Obama came into office with a big statement about "hostile" nations. Remember his inaugural address?

To Iran et. al we will "extend a hand if you will unclench your fist". And one of Obama's first order of business is to go to Cairo and give a big friendly speeech to "The Muslim World".

Well, it's been a year and some. Let's discuss how this new appproach is working so far.

I will start with some of my own thoughts:

First, I believe the blind desire to do the opposite of Bush is not a policy in and of itself.

Second, there is a school of thought that emerged after 9-11 which basical goes something like this: "it's our fault, if only we weren't such a big bad evil doer to other nations, then they wouldn't hate us so much. If we were just nicer, then all these problems would just go away."

It's a sort of "click your ruby heels together three times" approach to foreign policy and it best it's delusional, and a worst, dangerous.

When Obama came into power, Iran had 2 centrifuges enrishing uranium to 5%, and today Iran has 8 centrigues enriching to 20%.

During Obama's administration a crooked election took place which was protested by an uprising of people demanding transparent democracy. The uprising was squashed by murderous mullahs keeping the current regime in line.

Meanwhile we've witnessed the first Muslim terror attack on US soil since 9-11 at fort hood, and another attempt with the Panty Bomber. So much for the "we're just not being nice enough to them" approach to foreign policy.

So the question: Is Obama's outstretched hand being met with the same old fist? and if so, what kind of change are we truly witnessing here? was Bush right all along, and is Obama wasting his time trying to sing cumbaya?

We were promised a kinder gentler and more effective policy by Obama, a little more venus to Bush's mars if you will. Well, we've got the more Venus part in spades, but is it working?

Maybe it's time Obama grew some cojones.

Edited by JerrySeinfeld

I'm afraid that Obama is the Chamberlain in our time. I just hope he's a one termer, the world balance of power that he's allowing to slip away won't be coming back. I sincerely hope that another terrorist muslim attack doesn't succeed in the US, but at this rate it's not a matter of if.

This is our young, smart President's strategy for Iran...

Gates Says U.S. Lacks a Policy to Thwart Iran

WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates has warned in a secret three-page memorandum to top White House officials that the United States does not have an effective long-range policy for dealing with Iran’s steady progress toward nuclear capability, according to government officials familiar with the document.

NYT

Nice. No long-range policy for dealing with Iran. You'd think after a year and a half, they'd have come up with something other than their thumb up their butt. Smart power! :rolleyes:

This is our young, smart President's strategy for Iran...

Nice. No long-range policy for dealing with Iran. You'd think after a year and a half, they'd have come up with something other than their thumb up their butt. Smart power! :rolleyes:

Here is a strategy have enough Nukes to blow the world up 300 times over. US policy done.

So the question: Is Obama's outstretched hand being met with the same old fist? and if so, what kind of change are we truly witnessing here? was Bush right all along, and is Obama wasting his time trying to sing cumbaya?

Yes. He's not a total moron though and is surrounded by a lot of advisers that know what they are talking about. The outstretched hand will be replaced by a Bushlike fist soon enough. Don't forget the increased resources Obama devoted to fighting insurgents in Afghanistan, already one example of this.

Obama blows a lot of nice smoke bt I don't see him capitulating at all. I don't know if his extension of an olive branch to Muslims is sincere, but in any case it was worth a try. I don't like Obama much because he seems too slick. Seems to me he doesn't mean what he says. At least George Bush meant what he said, (when you could understand him). Considering his choice in the escalation of war in Afghanistan, on the very eve of his receiving the nobel peace prize I believe Obama is just as capable of waging war as his predecessor. Neither was truly an experienced military man and the President is often only one part of a large and complex military apparatus, under advisement from top Generals in the Pentagon. Gates himself certainly has enough knowledge and experience over the years to provide reliable decision making. Gates role in the US pentagon goes back something like 30 years, including work for Nixon and Reagan.

Pssssssssst....NASA/GISS, NOAA, and Al Gore aren't exactly Canadian either. LOL! ;)

the day I use possessive pronoun determiners for any U.S. based organizations or citizens, please feel free to point that misstep out. By the way, oh prolific posting interloper, MLW ain't exactly American either. LOL! ;)

the day I use possessive pronoun determiners for any U.S. based organizations or citizens, please feel free to point that misstep out. By the way, oh prolific posting interloper, MLW ain't exactly American either. LOL! ;)

Yes it is....the site is hosted in Houston, Texas...not far from the George Bush ranch. IPS engine is home based in Virginia! LOL! Snarf! Snarf! :) :) :)

Yes it is....the site is hosted in Houston, Texas...not far from the George Bush ranch. IPS engine is home based in Virginia! LOL! Snarf! Snarf! :) :) :)

oh snap! I had my finger on the trigger ready to pull out the same tired one-liner you've used too many times to count... yuck, yuck, MLW is hosted on a U.S. server - hee haw. You're well beyond predictable - mate. Really, c'mon... no discussion boards meet your fancy down there - you need to toil away with your MLW one-trick pony show???

oh snap! I had my finger on the trigger ready to pull out the same tired one-liner you've used too many times to count... yuck, yuck, MLW is hosted on a U.S. server - hee haw. You're well beyond predictable - mate. Really, c'mon... no discussion boards meet your fancy down there - you need to toil away with your MLW one-trick pony show???

Hell yea...you're squirming like a stuck pig after having the "wannabe" tables turned on you. This is delightful...let me go peek at your avatar.....sure looks like American Vice President Albert Arnold Gore, Jr.

Talk about wannabe....sheesh. I'll bet you can fart a Yankee Doodle Dandy!

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Hell yea...you're squirming like a stuck pig after having the "wannabe" tables turned on you. This is delightful...let me go peek at your avatar.....sure looks like American Vice President Albert Arnold Gore, Jr.

Talk about wannabe....sheesh. I'll bet you can fart a Yankee Doodle Dandy!

your sorry duplicitous way just threw your typical hypocritical rating off scale... your lapdog fawning over agreement with the MLW administrators expressed cost vs. quality hosting rationale... your calling it a 'merit based' decision, hardly gives you wiggle room to leverage your most contradictory "wannabe" retort. Better luck next time, hey buddy :lol:

and really... you felt compelled to edit your post and add a fart reference! A fart reference? Oh, just how far has the prolific MLW posting interloper fallen?

as for the avatar, it's a purposeful choice devoid of the consideration you presume to attach... I have noted that it seems to have drawn the attention and pointed comments from some of MLW's finest climate denier crowd. Mission accomplished!(Bush™)

your sorry duplicitous way just threw your typical hypocritical rating off scale... your lapdog fawning over agreement with the MLW administrators expressed cost vs. quality hosting rationale... your calling it a 'merit based' decision, hardly gives you wiggle room to leverage your most contradictory "wannabe" retort. Better luck next time, hey buddy :lol:

I applaud MLW choice...America is the best value/performance proposition. No wonder you are a wannabe when it comes to climate data as well.

and really... you felt compelled to edit your post and add a fart reference! A fart reference? Oh, just how far has the prolific MLW posting interloper fallen?

Never miss an opportunity for a good, well placed fart joke.

as for the avatar, it's a purposeful choice devoid of the consideration you presume to attach... I have noted that it seems to have drawn the attention and pointed comments from some of MLW's finest climate denier crowd. Mission accomplished!(Bush™)

If you want to worship an American VP that's fine, we will share him with you since you have none. I prefer Dick Cheney!

So carry on waldo....America will always be here with any reference you desperately need, and the next time you call somebody a wannabe, expect more of the same. LOL! Snarf! Snarf!

was Bush right all along, and is Obama wasting his time trying to sing cumbaya?

There's more to Uncle Sam than just one or two presidents. It's enemies likely figure one president singing cumbaya is a fluke and it'll probably be a waste of time listening until more start singing from the same page.

There's more to Uncle Sam than just one or two presidents. It's enemies likely figure one president singing cumbaya is a fluke and it'll probably be a waste of time listening until more start singing from the same page.

Oh I see, so we need MORE Obamas. Gotcha...'cause Carteer wasn't enough :P;)

Or perhaps we could all face the truth - those who attack and hate USA don't care who the President is.

Bush understood this. That's what the smartypants at Berkley and Columbia and the Democratic party can never quite grasp: it's not about us hating them; it's about them hating us.

No self-hating wester society-flagellating left winger will ever be able to grasp this until he looks upward from his belly-gazing.

Edited by JerrySeinfeld

Oh I see, so we need MORE Obamas.

I don't think so. I think he's proven to be more or less full of crap too.

Or perhaps we could all face the truth - those who attack and hate USA don't care who the President is.

Probably because it doesn't seem to matter.