Sarah Palin crossed border to Use Government Run Healthcare

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/776829--palin-under-fire-admits-family-sought-healthcare-in-canada

Kind of stupid as it was during the 60s, but I posted it for the numbers at the bottom of the article. Over 750,000 leave the US to seek cheaper medical care where a much smaller percentage of Canadians leave for the US.

Its all politics and I bet none know what the actual truth in either country! You should hear Susan Sommers views on Canadians healthcare. One of her views is thatour pets have better healthcare than we do. BUT she keeps coming up here to sell her wares on the shopping channel!

Its all politics and I bet none know what the actual truth in either country! You should hear Susan Sommers views on Canadians healthcare. One of her views is thatour pets have better healthcare than we do. BUT she keeps coming up here to sell her wares on the shopping channel!

Meh, people who think that our system is the be all and end obviously don't know any better. Yet, I have an aunt who is a nurse in the states and an aunt who died of cancer there and my grandfather died of cancer here. I know where I'd rather be if I ever get sick.

This is a complete non-issue. Her family made the 3 hour drive to Whitehorse instead of the 14 hour drive to Anchorage. They also paid for their treatment. Non-issue guys. You'll have to satisfy your Palin derangement syndrome another way. :lol:

This is a complete non-issue. Her family made the 3 hour drive to Whitehorse instead of the 14 hour drive to Anchorage. They also paid for their treatment. Non-issue guys. You'll have to satisfy your Palin derangement syndrome another way. :lol:

Like I said, I posted it for the numbers at the bottom of the article. If you would've read the entire thing including what I wrote you would've known that.

One of her views is thatour pets have better healthcare than we do.

You decide. It's a year-long wait for an MRI for us. But a same-day MRI for pets.

BUT she keeps coming up here to sell her wares on the shopping channel!

How does this have any connection to healthcare? Is she going to do away with 30 million potential customers because of a certain healthcare system? Of course not. Think of a different, more meaningful way to criticize her. :blink:

Like I said, I posted it for the numbers at the bottom of the article. If you would've read the entire thing including what I wrote you would've known that.

No, you posted it for propaganda reasons. Which I refuted completely.

Over 750,000 leave the US to seek cheaper medical care where a much smaller percentage of Canadians leave for the US.

How many of their politicians leave to come to Canada for medical care? *cough* Premier of Newfoundland *cough*

Perhaps Canadians don't leave for the US because we're forbidden by our government system from purhasing private health insurance.

But let's compare the number of Canadians that travel to America for cheaper food and clothing! Americans ain't coming here for that.

You decide. It's a year-long wait for an MRI for us. But a same-day MRI for pets.

Not many places is the wait a year. Some waits are too long, but a year would be a very rare occurrence.

Edited by Smallc

How many of their politicians leave to come to Canada for medical care? *cough* Premier of Newfoundland *cough*

What exactly does that prove? Nothing. The procedure was available here with better results than can be found in the US. You're barking up the wrong tree.

The procedure was available here with better results than can be found in the US. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Really? So you're saying he flew to Miami, and paid for his own care, instead of staying in Canada, and getting better results? :blink:

Sure. :lol:

Really? So you're saying he flew to Miami, and paid for his own care, instead of staying in Canada, and getting better results? :blink:

Sure. :lol:

Who do I believe, you or the New England Journal of Medicine and Canadian Cardiologists....hmmmm.

Edited by Smallc

Kind of stupid as it was during the 60s, but I posted it for the numbers at the bottom of the article. Over 750,000 leave the US to seek cheaper medical care where a much smaller percentage of Canadians leave for the US.

The 750k out of 300 million people are most likely people getting cosmetic surgery in Mexico and eslewhere.

We can't leave for better health care becuase we are Canadian and cannot afford it.

Edited by mikedavid00

The media et al will use any opportunity to smear Palin

1) she was about 5 at the time

2 universal health care was not fully implemented at that time and there were private clinics

3 the whole point of the story was to point out how things have changed

4 When bad weather kept planes grounded, the train to Whitehorse, Yukon, often was the only option for travel.

5) none of the above will stop the MSM turning something into a smear against Palin

Guest American Woman

....I posted it for the numbers at the bottom of the article. Over 750,000 leave the US to seek cheaper medical care where a much smaller percentage of Canadians leave for the US.

A report last spring by Deloitte Center for Health Solutions said 750,000 Americans travelled abroad for medical care in 2007, and forecast that number would rise to six million by 2010. That trend far outpaces the number of Canadians coming to the U.S. for medical treatment.

The numbers at the bottom of the article (quoted above) are interesting, because it's not saying a much smaller percentage of Canadians leave for the US, as you stated; it says a much smaller number of Canadians leave for the US. With a population ten times that of Canada, the larger number of Americans could still very well be a smaller percentage than the percentage of Canadians who leave for the US. The fact that the article chose to use numbers instead of percentages, in spite of the large difference in population, makes me suspect that that likely is the case.

Furthermore, it compares the number of Americans who "go abroad," not to Canada, but anywhere outside the U.S., while it only refers to Canadians who leave to go to the U.S., not anywhere else.

It's a very slanted presentation of the situation, to say the least.

...With a population ten times that of Canada, the larger number of Americans could still very well be a smaller percentage than the percentage of Canadians who leave for the US....

Good point...often overlooked in these border war contests. About 24,000 Canadians emigrate to the USA each year, but 240,000 Americans do not emigrate to Canada.

As for Palin, pre-CHA medical care from a cross-border provider in exchange for cash or moose meat is a good thing.

The media et al will use any opportunity to smear Palin

1) she was about 5 at the time

2 universal health care was not fully implemented at that time and there were private clinics

3 the whole point of the story was to point out how things have changed

4 When bad weather kept planes grounded, the train to Whitehorse, Yukon, often was the only option for travel.

5) none of the above will stop the MSM turning something into a smear against Palin

of course none of that matters when the wacko right pounce on a story when canadian crosses the border to seek help in a nearby US hospital...