Miss Me Yet ?

Know what else is true of every President except Bush after they had 8 years to prove themselves they had higher approval of more then 22% of the country but who is counting right?

President Bush will gladly trade lows for the greatest highs in polls, if that be the game. Will look good in his presidential library.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice spin. Aren't you the guy who posted polls showing how great Martha Coakley was doing? And how great Jon Corzine was doing? And how great Cree Deeds was doing? LOL.

Anyways, RCP as the Obama approval polls from the month of February so far. They are, in no particular order, 44%, 46%, 47%, 47%, and than Gallups outlier at 50%. When you average them all out, he's at 47% approval, 46% disapproval. Yeah punked, great numbers! :rolleyes: He's on the comeback trail! :lol:

Ipsos/McClatchy

NBC News/Wall St. Jnr.

CNN/Opinion Research

All show 50 but who is counting. BTW new poll out today shows 60% of the public thinks the Republicans are being obstructionist might be why they are a 20% approval rating too the Dems 40%.

President Bush will gladly trade lows for the greatest highs in polls, if that be the game. Will look good in his presidential library.

Yah Castro said the exact samething, you approve that guy yet. Like it or not approvals while not set in stone look at Carter, are usually not remembered well in the History books.

Actually, I've heard the opposite. That 2010 will show some moderate economic growth, but then could slide back down in 2011.

Anyways, if one takes a look at the internals of punked's gallup numbers, it's pretty scary for Democrats.

Obama's approval on healthcare 36%

Obama's approval on the economy 36%

Obama's approval on the budget 32%

Gallup

Those will all be the main issues in the upcoming mid-term election.

I don't know if you know this, but Paul Ryan has set the Midterms up as a fight for Medicare and Social security. Problem with all those things for the Republicans is all the ones you name and I name are mommy issues Republicans need Daddy issues to take back the house. Crime, Security, Military and so on.

Guest American Woman

Bush happened to be the man who was the president when the terrorist attacks occurred. Any president who went to war as a result would have enjoyed the same approval ratings that Bush did at the time. He didn't do anything unique to give him high ratings-- he responded the way America wanted him to respond, and likely the way anyone who was president at the time would have responded. He even enjoyed my approval rating at the time.

Breaking this billboard down, it is brilliant on several levels, despite my Minnesota home boy bias:

1) Unlike a commercial exploit of Obama's image (and a cult of personality never enjoyed by Bush) to sell outerwear on a NYC billboard, this billboard is local and organic for strictly political purposes.

2) Like the popular American "Got Milk?" dairy ad campaign, this billboard hits hard with not just the very effective "Miss Me", but the lingering feeling and expectation that if the viewer doesn't, they soon will with the added...."Yet?". This harkens a downward spiral anyone old enough to remember Disco music can attest to.

3) Obama's continued reference to the prior administration as the source for all his troubles keeps Bush in the public eye, and breathes even more life into the billboard.

4) The billboard is cynical and in keeping with the highest tradition of political humor. It is a warning shot that Obama ignores at his own political peril.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Bush happened to be the man who was the president when the terrorist attacks occurred. Any president who went to war as a result would have enjoyed the same approval ratings that Bush did at the time. He didn't do anything unique to give him high ratings

Actually, he did do some specific things that contributed to his high ratings. When he visited ground zero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiSwqaQ4VbA

<--- Obama might have been able to do as well. But only if they set up his teleprompter there first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=631knZM9Uiw

<-- As one of the YouTube comments stated, love him or hate him, that was bad ass!

Cause we all know what the alternative looks like... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss5Mn1amhfk

Good thing he can play basketball though cause you know if a president can't play baseball or basketball it is bad for the American Security. Pfffttttttt I care so little if Obama or Bush throw a baseball or play basketball, I don't care if they bowl or ride a bike, I care what they do.

Pfffttttttt I care so little if Obama or Bush throw a baseball or play basketball, I don't care if they bowl or ride a bike, I care what they do.

Apparently, so do the SNL writers, needing all of 2 seconds to list Obama's short list of accomplishments while having a supermajority in the US Senate and majority in the House.

This must be the strong poll numbers punked was referencing related to Obama.

Obama Hits Lowest Approval Mark

Independent voters see Pres. Obama in a negative light by a nearly 2-1 margin, according to a new Marist College survey, while almost half of voters say he has failed to meet their expectations.

The poll, conducted Feb. 1-3, showed just 44% of registered voters approving of Obama's job as president. 47% disapprove. But among indie voters, Obama's approval rating sits at a terrible 29%, while his disapproval rating is at 57%.

Obama's 44% job approval rating is the lowest he has scored in any non-internet poll since moving into the WH, according to a review of data compiled by Pollster.com.

Link

I don't know if you know this, but Paul Ryan has set the Midterms up as a fight for Medicare and Social security. Problem with all those things for the Republicans is all the ones you name and I name are mommy issues Republicans need Daddy issues to take back the house. Crime, Security, Military and so on.

and poling numbers are double edged some of the disapproavl for things like medicare are from people who are pissed that he watered it down...

I suspect the focus of the elections will be to lay the blame of gridlock at the feet of the republicans...don't like watered down medicare proposed, blame the republicans...

and poling numbers are double edged some of the disapproavl for things like medicare are from people who are pissed that he watered it down...

I suspect the focus of the elections will be to lay the blame of gridlock at the feet of the republicans...don't like watered down medicare proposed, blame the republicans...

They can try that. But it was members of their own party that stopped the progress of reform.

Don't want to hear about Bush...or the past...when you wrote "miss me yet"...I tthought it was about you and perhaps you had bailed out of the Mapleleaf family...but Nuuoooooo...again you disrespect your own integrity and post some crap. I would rather hear about you..than those other people. YOU are greater and brighter than Bush or Cheney ever could be!

Don't want to hear about Bush...or the past...when you wrote "miss me yet"...I tthought it was about you and perhaps you had bailed out of the Mapleleaf family...but Nuuoooooo...again you disrespect your own integrity and post some crap.

Gosh...and to think I wanted to have your baby!

Bush baby, Obama baby, different day same smell. One wonders how the GOP would have dealt with the economic dilemma any differently, as they essentially ignored the problem for as long as possible. What alternate solutions would they offer, that the great conciliator would not listen to?

I don't miss Bush baby, we still have him with us in a sense... only now a more comical version. This one in black face...

"We thought that the incoming Obama administration signaled a new day with respect to these cases, a new respect for civil liberties, an abhorrence of torture, a respect for the time-honoured legal procedures and protections that are mandated by the Constitution and enforced by the federal courts," he said.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Khadr+faces+military+tribunal/2222022/story.html

Well, "we" were certainly wrong about that.

Actually, he did do some specific things that contributed to his high ratings. When he visited ground zero.

Why did that not work for Julianni?

As one of the YouTube comments stated, love him or hate him, that was bad ass!

Bush was not the bad ass. Bush was the front man. Cheney was the bad ass.

Not really. It was a JOKE, ok? Heck if your Harry Reid can use the N word, and he's a SENATOR...

What's wrong with the word "Negro"? Best to get get your ass-covering facts straight.

Just suggesting, someone could check and see if its a mask

Blackface is not a mask per se, it is makeup. Your clumsy reference would not be tolerated in any political context. But it's nice to know where you stand on such matters.

What's wrong with the word "Negro"? Best to get get your ass-covering facts straight.

I know what words he reportedly said. I know he used the word negro. Despite that, the implications of what he said was offensive to many people.

Blackface is not a mask per se, it is makeup.

I know what it is. While I may not drop the precious pearls you do, to me it matters not. I was glad to see Obama win the election, not because I believed he would bring any substantive change. I know the US agenda will continue, no matter who is the leader. I was glad because I thought black kids in America might get a boost from him, get inspired, see that there can be opportunities. I hope Obama does not spoil that opportunity for them. It's a tall order but certainly not the greatest of his challenges.

I stand by my opinion, Obama is not different than Bush, other than he has a different style. He comes across as a friendly, happy, pleasant guy with more youthful enthusiasm. but at the end of the day, he'll be the one who signs the executive order to aprove torture of high value terrorists, approve the bombing of suspected al qaeda hideouts, order the launching of cruise missiles knowing there will be co-lateral damage. All that stuff. I have no doubt he has dne so already, as part of his regular job.

-> Your clumsy reference would not be tolerated in any political context. But it's nice to know where you stand on such matters.

Yeah... Guess I'll never make Senator

Your clumsy reference would not be tolerated in any political context.

I stand for the right to make a clumsy reference....purely as an insurance for future clumsy references made by me.

First the came for the faux pas...and I did nothing...

Then they came for me....

Edited by M.Dancer