Miss Me Yet ?

Uh..no one is taking away your rights so don't try to take away others' rights to comment on your clumsy references.

If you really think anyone's ever going to "come" for you, you need to adjust your tinfoil hat.

Try following the thread Bubby...this clumsy response of yours is a non sequitur

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I know the clumsy reference wasn't yours, but you overdramatized the response as though they were "coming." That shows a certain delusion or a victimization complex.

If you think that is "over dramatizing" I guess you think "accidently on purpose" is serious drama.

....and you're still off base....try reading the thread again, this time sound out each word slowly as you go..

.... I was glad because I thought black kids in America might get a boost from him, get inspired, see that there can be opportunities. I hope Obama does not spoil that opportunity for them. It's a tall order but certainly not the greatest of his challenges.

The opportunities obviously existed with or without a President Obama. Your patronizing remark is typical..."black kids" rejoice! Reminds me of a very old "shake hands with Abraham Lincoln" joke....much better than yours.

I stand by my opinion, Obama is not different than Bush, other than he has a different style. He comes across as a friendly, happy, pleasant guy with more youthful enthusiasm.

....oh, and I bet you think he has more rhythm too.

but at the end of the day, he'll be the one who signs the executive order to aprove torture of high value terrorists, approve the bombing of suspected al qaeda hideouts, order the launching of cruise missiles knowing there will be co-lateral damage. All that stuff. I have no doubt he has dne so already, as part of his regular job.

Yep...all in a day's work before playing Yahtzee with his daughters.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Cause we all know what the alternative looks like... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss5Mn1amhfk

"wheeeeeeeeee!" :lol:

Back before the election some of the Obama boosters were challenging people to make fun of him without referencing his race, and I suggested that his pipe-cleaner arms were ripe for comedy and that when he threw out the first pitch he might not reach home plate. As it turns out...

Good thing he can play basketball though cause you know if a president can't play baseball or basketball it is bad for the American Security. Pfffttttttt I care so little if Obama or Bush throw a baseball or play basketball, I don't care if they bowl or ride a bike, I care what they do.

Oh, he's good at basketball. I've seen youtube videos, the guy is flat out good at basketball.

:unsure:

I suddenly feel deeply ashamed.

-k

While I don't particularly "miss him" yet, I think it is hilarious, and (making assumptions about its intended purpose) probably quite clever as well.

Breaking this billboard down, it is brilliant on several levels, despite my Minnesota home boy bias:

1) Unlike a commercial exploit of Obama's image (and a cult of personality never enjoyed by Bush) to sell outerwear on a NYC billboard, this billboard is local and organic for strictly political purposes.

2) Like the popular American "Got Milk?" dairy ad campaign, this billboard hits hard with not just the very effective "Miss Me", but the lingering feeling and expectation that if the viewer doesn't, they soon will with the added...."Yet?". This harkens a downward spiral anyone old enough to remember Disco music can attest to.

3) Obama's continued reference to the prior administration as the source for all his troubles keeps Bush in the public eye, and breathes even more life into the billboard.

4) The billboard is cynical and in keeping with the highest tradition of political humor. It is a warning shot that Obama ignores at his own political peril.

Astute comments, particularly point 2.

His numbers have slipped terribly since election euphoria has worn off.....stop pretending otherwise. He literally has some very tough sledding ahead.

Literally? I am suddenly picturing President Obama competing in the Iditarod. He did promise to visit Alaska someday...

-k

The opportunities obviously existed with or without a President Obama. Your patronizing remark is typical..."black kids" rejoice! Reminds me of a very old "shake hands with Abraham Lincoln" joke....much better than yours.

Oh, so obvious. They existed for a long time in America. Sure even in the 1950's they could have elected a black president, just that no one from the ghetto applied for the job...

It's easy to criticize the difference for the sake of political correctness, while living in the security of white collar neighbourhoods.

Hey BC - I am about to go to the sub channel..been working on a painting all day and am tired...now did you notice that no one wants to discuss that Colonel Russell Williams issue - you know that ALLEDGED serial killer...that was all buddy buddy with the highest of the high - real embarssment...It is actually quite bizzare - more so than the Fort Hood tradgedy..This would be like Obamas chaffeur being Jack the frinking Ripper.....so long my friend - going to try to have a good day tomorrow..bit of crash and burn going on - but as always I will pull up in time and survive...It just amazes me how the rats have risen to the top and me down on the mean streets and almost getting use to it..yes I resent that a-holes that are not fit for leadership or command..but we live in an artifical world and sytem..nature will prevail.

the approval numbers going up NOT SLIPPING.

Better think again. :lol:

Mr. Obama's job approval rating stands at 46 percent, matching his previous low from early January. As many as 45 percent of Americans disapprove of the job he is doing – his highest disapproval rating to date.

CBS

And.

American voters remain deeply divided about President Barack Obama's job performance, giving him a 45 - 46 percent job approval.

Quinnipiac

Hmmm. A 46% and 45% approval rating doesn't conform to your premise that his approval number is going up. Aside from the one outlier poll you posted, they're all either mid-40's, or some even dipping a bit lower than that.

Better think again. :lol:

And.

Hmmm. A 46% and 45% approval rating doesn't conform to your premise that his approval number is going up. Aside from the one outlier poll you posted, they're all either mid-40's, or some even dipping a bit lower than that.

You mean this poll?

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/poll_Obama_Congress_021110.pdf

The one where Obama got 60% on understands your needs and problems and the Republicans got 30% on? That poll Shady?

The poll where the majority of people said get rid of the filibuster Shady?

Yah all that poll shows is people are tired of Washington doing nothing and while they blame Obama they blame republicans wayyyyyy more.

You mean this poll?

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/poll_Obama_Congress_021110.pdf

The one where Obama got 60% on understands your needs and problems and the Republicans got 30% on? That poll Shady?

The poll where the majority of people said get rid of the filibuster Shady?

Yah all that poll shows is people are tired of Washington doing nothing and while they blame Obama they blame republicans wayyyyyy more.

I see, so now you've moved on from your failed approval rating meme, to an internal poll number to try and make your point. Spin, spin, spin. :lol:

In the future, if you don't wanna discuss Obama's approval ratings, don't bring it up. If you do wanna discuss Obama's approval rating, don't push it aside to discuss something else. It's pathetic, and very disingenuous.

almost every economist says that it's working

Wow, huge lie alert! Huge lie alert!

WASHINGTON - Ten months into President Barack Obama's first economic stimulus plan, a surge in spending on roads and bridges has had no effect on local unemployment and only barely helped the beleaguered construction industry, an AP analysis has found

Link

Poll: 57% don't see stimulus working

WASHINGTON — Six months after President Obama launched a $787 billion plan to right the nation's economy, a majority of Americans think the avalanche of new federal aid has cost too much and done too little to end the recession.

Link

Obama stimulus hasn't been stimulating

As it becomes clearer and clearer that last year's $787 billion "stimulus" bill stimulated nothing but private-sector job loss and debt

Link

Why hasn't the stimulus created jobs?

Last winter's $700 billion stimulus package was supposed to help generate jobs, but so far it's done a lackluster job. John Dimsdale reports on what happened.

Link

In fact, Obama's stimulus plan has done such a crappy job, that he's now pushing for a new "Job's bill" (they don't want to refer to it as a second stimulus).

I didn't say it had helped jobs, it has helped economic activity to resume. Job growth always trails economic growth. Without the stimulus, the recession would have been even deeper, and to think otherwise is to be selective. The only reason that we came through everything as good as we did was the concerted effort by countries around the world to soften the blow of the recession. It was deeper than anyone predicted, and I wouldn't want to have seen what had happened without the stimulus.

Edited by Smallc

Wow, huge lie alert! Huge lie alert!

It was Bush's stimulus. Obama just continued it.

It wasn't Bush's stimulus. What are you talking about? Obama had his stimlus bill passed in February of '09. It was written by Pelosi and Reid. It had nothing to do with TARP, which was a continuation of a Bush policy. Are you that uninformed as to not know the difference between the Troubled Asset Relief Program, and Obama's stimulus bill? Seriously, you shouldn't be posting in these forums if you don't have at least a basic level of understanding of these issues.

So for the record. TARP is a completely different program than Obama's stimulus. I hope that helps you out with future posts. :rolleyes:

I didn't say it had helped jobs, it has helped economic activity to resume. Job growth always trails economic growth. Without the stimulus, the recession would have been even deeper, and to think otherwise is to be selective. The only reason that we came through everything as good as we did was the concerted effort by countries around the world to soften the blow of the recession. It was deeper than anyone predicted, and I wouldn't want to have seen what had happened without the stimulus.

But by Obama's own words it has failed to deliver. He said that if the stimulus was passed it would keep unemployment rates to 8.7%, if I recall. That it got up to 10% is millions more unemployed.

Part of the problem IMO was that Obama slated under 20% of the stimulus to be spent in 2009. So here in 2010, they are suffering a slower recovery than they might have. Money spent this year, slated to be much greater than last year, is a thinly veiled attempt to buy votes. The money should have been spent last year but Obama made the nation wait a year so he could try to buy jobs and votes.

It's true they were different stimulus programs, but they were both stimuli, nonetheless. There are no data that could indicate one worked to grow the economy and one didn't.

TARP wasn't a stimulus program. It was a program designed to save the banks from failing. It was rescue policy, not a a recovery policy (Obama's stimulus).