H1N1 "Pandemic"

That makes sense to me.....never get caught up in the behavioral hype. There are better reasons to have lots of duct tape than a possible NBCR warfare atack. But if we are facing a 1918 redux, I have inflated my wheel barrow to help move the bodies to the curb for pickup.

Good plan, maybe I can make a buck with that pickup truck and utility trailer yet.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This time around, I'm not seeing any face masks so popular in 1918. Retailers have them, but I guess they are considered rude to wear in public. Here are some period US photos plus one from Canada....what do you have for Toronto?

http://designyoutrust.com/2009/04/28/influ...s-history-1918/

Edited by bush_cheney2004

On the news just now, Ontario won't be getting the vaccines it thought it would, next week at was to be for ALL , NOW they have to cut back and will ONLY be for those who have chronic health problems and I wouldn't be surprise you have to show you do.

For Halloween, I'm hoping to see people wearing both H1N1 and Vaccine costumes.

Senior Merck Scientist Admits Cancer & AIDS Came From Vaccines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edikv0zbAlU

Science Superstar, Dr Maurice Hilleman talks about how he found Cancer in Polio Vaccines in the 50's, and how nothing was done about it

Bayer (aspirin) distributed HIV/AIDS to thousands!!!

Edited by gadget

Yep, I heard someone say that pandemic is 99% panic and 1% epidemic which I think is about right. Besides, I have a friend in Calgary who had the swine flu and it passed within 4 days just like any flu. He said he wouldn't have known the difference but his fever went above 102 degrees and so he went to a doctor and they tested him. It might be good though, people are more vigilant this flu season and maybe that'll help to lower the incidents of all sorts of sicknesses.

I'm skeptical of the impact H1N1 will have but I'm trying to keep an open mind. Much has been made about people going to their doctor or ER with flu symptoms. I'm trying to find a source that will keep track of what percentage of people are diagnosed with H1N1 as opposed to regular flu......and how many people are dying due to seasonal flu as well as H1N1. As the months roll by, those numbers would be very important in understanding whether H1N1 is actually taking hold.....while at the same time, educating the public on the potential seriousness of seasonal flu. For those who are not opposed to vaccines, it may encourage more of them to get an annual flu shot.

The country was gripped with fear when young Evan Frustaglio died after contracting H1N1. How could a seemingly healthy 13 year-old not able to make it through? That really scared parents everywhere. When discussing the tragic event, the media often commented that this kid was HEALTHY, as did Evan's parents.

"We're in pretty big shock here losing a 13-year-old boy as healthy as can be and within 48 hours went from having a small symptoms of the flu ... to dying in our home," his father Paul Frustaglio told public broadcaster CBC.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...FDTKkgsXgFgpURg

When Evan Frustaglio, healthy and 13, was killed by swine flu on Monday, a danger that had only recently seemed abstract to many Canadians became very real and very scary.

http://www.thestar.com/news/insight/articl...k-get-your-shot

What if Evan had an underlying condition which became aggravated with H1N1?

Quebec's chieff public health officer says a young teenager who died in Ontario earlier this week may not have been killed by H1N1.

Evan Frustaglio did test positive for H1N1, but Doctor Alain Poirier says the fact that his health went downhill so quickly has led some experts to wonder whether there was some other factor in his death.

"It could be something else," Poirier says. "It has been described as, he had H1N1, he died suddenly. There's been no other test to verify what was the actual cause of death, like an autopsy."

Poirier says some experts are speculating that meningitis or a bacterial infection may have actually killed him. We will never know, he says, because the teenager's grieving family has chosen not to allow a further investigation into his death.

http://www.cjad.com/news/565/1014382

The fact is, meningitis symptoms are eerily similar to flu symptoms, symptoms reported by Evan's parents as they publicly recounted their tragic experience.

The symptoms of meningitis vary and depend both on the age of the child and on the cause of the infection. Because the flu-like symptoms can be similar in both types of meningitis, particularly in the early stages, and bacterial meningitis can be very serious, it's important to quickly diagnose an infection.

The first symptoms of bacterial or viral meningitis can come on quickly or surface several days after a child has had a cold and runny nose, diarrhea and vomiting, or other signs of an infection. Common symptoms include:

* fever

* lethargy (decreased consciousness)

* irritability

* headache

* photophobia (eye sensitivity to light)

* stiff neck

* skin rashes

* seizures

http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/ba...eningitis.html#

None of this minimizes the tragedy. The question it raises is if Evan had not been predisposed to meningitis, could this condition have made his battle with H1N1 winnable? We'll never know.

There's a meningitis vaccine available for kids.

Meningitis Vaccine Can Save Kids' Lives

You've probably heard about tragic meningitis cases on the news at one point or another, but it may have seemed like a rare disease that couldn't affect your kids. True, bacterial meningitis isn't very common. But the illness is usually serious and can be life-threatening if it's not treated right away.

That's why a national advocacy group is urging moms and dads to make sure their kids get a routine vaccine to help fend off meningitis, an inflammation of the membranes that cover the brain and spinal cord.

The immunization could protect children against a potentially deadly disease that some parents may not have thought twice about, says the National Meningitis Foundation, an organization founded by the parents of kids who've died or live with permanent disabilities from meningococcal disease. The vaccine provides protection from meningococcal disease — a serious bacterial infection that can lead to bacterial meningitis.

http://kidshealth.org/research/meningitis...._RelatedArticle

Perhaps more parents should think of adding a meningitis vaccine as a routine tool to protect their kids. At least this vaccine has proven safe and been around for a long time. It can be administered as routine prevention by the family doc.

Food for thought.