Iran pushing their luck!

wulf42

Be very careful with that statement, it might bite you.

Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Korea, Somalia, Kosovo, Haiti, ect.

I believe nations must make stands. To that I say that there are certainly strong cases for intervening in another nations direction.

Kosovo, Haiti, Afghanistan and Iran are very good examples of such.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when do the Jews rule the earth? They had better contain themselves and allow Iran to be as powerful as they are...what makes them so privledged? AND why should common people die in order to maintain the privledge of these phoney religious nuts..? It's astounding when you think about the fact that Israel is wagging the dog. Moderation is the key and human beings are capable of being fair. Any group no matter who they be - high ranking capitalists, Jews or Islamics...Who view others as sub human and justify their cruel actions as if they were practicing cruel animal husbandry of a planet should have their privledge revolked!

I believe nations must make stands. To that I say that there are certainly strong cases for intervening in another nations direction.

Kosovo, Haiti, Afghanistan and Iran are very good examples of such.

Are you willing to have our leaders take the stand and make these cases in front of the victims of our actions in a truth and reconciliation process? How do we put it to them...our hands were tied...we had no choice...we were only following orders?

Would you care to explain why you think SAVAK was necessary?

Would you care to explain why you think SAVAK was necessary?

Would you care to explain why it wasn't?

Are you willing to have our leaders take the stand and make these cases in front of the victims of our actions in a truth and reconciliation process?

Yeah..it should go like this.

You're dead. Get over it.

Would you care to explain why it wasn't?

Most normal people would say its self evident why it wasn't.

Yeah..it should go like this.

You're dead. Get over it.

They're not dead and they don't seem to be getting over it. With attitudes like your's prevailing I can't say I blame them really.

Most normal people would say its self evident why it wasn't.

Given that Savak for all intents and purposes was never dismantled and still exists....I assume you have a good reason for its continued usefullness.

They're not dead and they don't seem to be getting over it. With attitudes like your's prevailing I can't say I blame them really.

If they are not dead then they are not victims.

Given that Savak for all intents and purposes was never dismantled and still exists....I assume you have a good reason for its continued usefullness.

Same shit different bucket is all. Just like with people the dysfunction of one generation is passed on to the next.

If they are not dead then they are not victims.

You don't have to be dead to be a victim, and many of these of course will become victimizers in turn.

Its not that you can't get it - you simply don't want to.

• 3 weeks later...

It has been several days since the nuclear inspectors visited "the site" in Iran. They had access to the site on Sunday, and have returned to Vienna. So far we get to hear nothing about what they found. Well, almost nothing. Scant information.

"On Thursday, a team of U.N. nuclear inspectors returned to the agency's headquarters in Vienna from a visit to a previously secret Iranian uranium enrichment site. It expressed satisfaction with the mission but details have not been revealed."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33528916/ns/wo...ideastn_africa/

No news is good news?

Interesting how quickly we react with outrageous indignation when certain leaders shout loudly from atop their soapboxes, about things which are based purely on unsubstantiated evidence, couched in selective omissions of truth. Yet when its time to get the real facts, we hear very little. Especially if said facts are not advantageous to their agenda.

Now, don't get me wrong here... I don't defend Iran as though they always speak the truth. But I say, our own people don't speak the truth either. They are proven to be liars, time and time again. So watch out

Whoever had any doubts in that, could still recall the outrageous brainwashing efforts put in place to make case for otherwise absolutely unjustifiable war in Iraq. The problem is really with our Western democrac governance system, where temporary politicians and cliques, often pursuing their own agendas, make decisions that affect lives of thousands of people, while the rest of population can feel smug and isolated from taking full responsibility for these acts executed on their behalf. Until and unless we explicitly prohibit it, or else make it absolutely clear that every citizen should take full responsibility for the acts of their government abroad, there's little doubt that we're going see more of these cases, where extreme acts will be based on idelogy, propaganda, politics of the day, etc, whatever but the actual reality.

• 3 weeks later...

Israel i suspect will launch a surprise strike within coming days!!

Iran has gone to far Israel has no choice!! Obama is trying to stop the Israeli's

from striking..good luck with that!!

I think your time prediction is horribly inaccurate. Since the time of your post it has been a couple of weeks and no strike yet. If Israel were to strike Iran, which I think it will, it will take another year or so at best. They still have to give diplomacy a shot, and they need full US support and coordination to make it possible. Iran isn't like what Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon were during the 6 Day War. They are a powerful force that will surely cause major destruction in Israel via its long-range missile capabilities as well as take the lives of tens of thousands of civilians if a confrontation were to occur. This is something Israel has to accept if it decides to attack.

I think your time prediction is horribly inaccurate. Since the time of your post it has been a couple of weeks and no strike yet. If Israel were to strike Iran, which I think it will, it will take another year or so at best. They still have to give diplomacy a shot, and they need full US support and coordination to make it possible. Iran isn't like what Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon were during the 6 Day War. They are a powerful force that will surely cause major destruction in Israel via its long-range missile capabilities as well as take the lives of tens of thousands of civilians if a confrontation were to occur. This is something Israel has to accept if it decides to attack.

It all depends on the US. When Israel attacked the Osirak reactors, they faced virtually no repercussions from the international community. Sure, there were some verbal lashings, but no military interventions, aid reductions, sanctions, or even talk of compensation. Obviously, the US had given the green light to the whole operation.

Given that, it seems that Israel will do the same to Iran if given an opportunity. There are only two obstacles. Firstly, they need to know that the US won't take punitive action against them. They already know that the rest of the world will do nothing. The other obstacle is whether they can succesfully strike at these facilities without using nuclear weapons. It has been a long time since a nuclear weapon has been used for any purpose other than testing. That would be crossing a line, and Israel knows full well that there may be real repercussions from that even if the US does nothing. And with the current administration, it seems highly probable that the US will reduce aid, or take other action should Israel use a nuclear weapon in Iran.

.... Obviously, the US had given the green light to the whole operation.

Iran didn'r need any such approval from the USA when it bungled an attack on Osirak before the Israelis got it right.

....That would be crossing a line, and Israel knows full well that there may be real repercussions from that even if the US does nothing. And with the current administration, it seems highly probable that the US will reduce aid, or take other action should Israel use a nuclear weapon in Iran.

.....which would be in great contrast to current military aid that includes conventional GBU-28 and GBU-39 "buster" munitions.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

"Iran didn'r need any such approval from the USA when it bungled an attack on Osirak before the Israelis got it right."

That's because Iran wasn't worried about the US decreasing their aid to Iran.

.....which would be in great contrast to current military aid that includes conventional GBU-28 and GBU-39 "buster" munitions.

Neither of which are nuclear weapons. The world has a special fear/respect of nuclear weapons. As long as the device is not nuclear, Israel can probably get away with it. The question is whether or not the GBu-28/39 is enough to penetrate or whether they will have to rely on nuclear.

I believe that if Israel thinks they can take them out with non-nucleaer weapons, and if the US gives its approval, then they will make the strike. Otherwise, they will not. Naturally, the US will still come out and publicly condemn the attack, but will take no action.