Political Test

• 1 month later...

With all the new posters on this forum, it's time to bring this thread to the top again.

New here? Do the test below. It's fun and takes about five minutes.

Then post your results (Economic Left/Right) and (Social Libertarian/Authoritarian) in this thread.

Political Compass Test

----

Later, check out the following link to see the mapping of other posters. If you post your results here, you'll be added to the graph.

With all the new posters on this forum, it's time to bring this thread to the top again.

New here? Do the test below. It's fun and takes about five minutes.

Then post your results (Economic Left/Right) and (Social Libertarian/Authoritarian) in this thread.

Political Compass Test

----

Later, check out the following link to see the mapping of other posters. If you post your results here, you'll be added to the graph.

Economic Left/Right: 1.38

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.95

Economic Left/Right: -1.13

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.56

What in the blue hell?

I told you what you want left of center policies, yet you prefer the Conservatives and the two don't add up. Your love of blue is based on something other than policy. It's funny that you are about exactly opposite of Harper and you are such a great fan of his.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why almost no one shows up as Economic Left+Social Authoritarian?
The two are contradictory.

This demonstrates that the two axes are false. There should truly be only one axis. In other words, our Economic views are just a subset of our acceptance of Authoritarian standards.

Maybe I am turning into a softy! I just repeated the test a second time and got:

Economic Left/Right: 9.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.31

Whereas my first scores were:

Economic Left/Right: 7.38

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

What in the blue hell?

I told you what you want left of center policies, yet you prefer the Conservatives and the two don't add up. Your love of blue is based on something other than policy. It's funny that you are about exactly opposite of Harper and you are such a great fan of his.

I find blueblood to be extrememly left wing though.

What in the blue hell?

He is left-wing (not extremely left-wing but he seems to support left-wing ideas nevertheless) but he doesn't realize it. He somehow thinks that right-wing ideas are the same as his ideas and he considers himself a right-winger. It could be that he associates libertarianism with right-wing and hence doesn't understand the difference between the two. Hey, blueblood, what are your thoughts on this?

Does anyone have any thoughts on why almost no one shows up as Economic Left+Social Authoritarian?
The two are contradictory.

This demonstrates that the two axes are false. There should truly be only one axis. In other words, our Economic views are just a subset of our acceptance of Authoritarian standards.

I disagree. Many associate the left with authoritarianism (like communism of the eastern european brand). Very few left-wingers would associate themselves that type of "communism". The reality is that left-wingers are generally more concerned with improving the lives of people/society as a whole and authoritarianism goes against that. Left-wing and authoritarian are simply incompatible/contradictory as you noted. But that's not the fault of the two axes - there are still some who would fit in that quadrant (like Stalin). Also, there are plenty of people on the right side who would be in the authoritarian side as well, so the vertical axis is useful to distinguish between the two.

The reality is that left-wingers are generally more concerned with improving the lives of people/society as a whole and authoritarianism goes against that.

I disagree.

Saturn if left wing.

Saturn wants society to do everything Saturn agrees with. Saturn believes that Canadians cannot think for themseves. Saturn must have the control of everyone beleifs. Saturn believes in appointed judges, is anti-religion, and feels judges should dertime what society does.

Yet Saturn likes Christmas trees. So Saturn will a disagree when a judge bann's a Christmas tree.

Canada should be the personal beleifs of Truedau, Chritein, Martin, and... Saturn; a Liberal.

What in the blue hell?

He is left-wing (not extremely left-wing but he seems to support left-wing ideas nevertheless) but he doesn't realize it. He somehow thinks that right-wing ideas are the same as his ideas and he considers himself a right-winger. It could be that he associates libertarianism with right-wing and hence doesn't understand the difference between the two. Hey, blueblood, what are your thoughts on this?

Well seeing that the CPC is in fact a centrist party nowadays, they are not Republicans as some would believe, and i was close to centre, i'd say i fit in. I'd say the test is sort of messed, i strongly agreed with the eye for an eye thing for instance. I'd say i'm centrist and there are more things that appeal to me that the CPC has instead of the Liberals (with exception to the wheat board), I'd say im a red tory.

Well seeing that the CPC is in fact a centrist party nowadays, they are not Republicans as some would believe, and i was close to centre, i'd say i fit in. I'd say the test is sort of messed, i strongly agreed with the eye for an eye thing for instance. I'd say i'm centrist and there are more things that appeal to me that the CPC has instead of the Liberals (with exception to the wheat board), I'd say im a red tory.

I consider the CPC as a left wing party.

That is FAR from right wing.

\

Liberal is far left, NDP borderline communist.

You cannot accurately measure a party while they are the head of a minority government. If the NDP were leading a minority government, they'd appear to be more central than they really are too. If we were to give the Conservatives a majority though, we'd see their true colours.

If you think the Conservatives are left wing, the only possible conclusion would be that you a fascist.

The reality is that left-wingers are generally more concerned with improving the lives of people/society as a whole and authoritarianism goes against that.

I disagree.

Saturn if left wing.

Saturn wants society to do everything Saturn agrees with. Saturn believes that Canadians cannot think for themseves. Saturn must have the control of everyone beleifs. Saturn believes in appointed judges, is anti-religion, and feels judges should dertime what society does.

Yet Saturn likes Christmas trees. So Saturn will a disagree when a judge bann's a Christmas tree.

Canada should be the personal beleifs of Truedau, Chritein, Martin, and... Saturn; a Liberal.

LOL! You are quite funny. Saturn has never been a Liberal. Saturn has never supported appointed anything. The only thing you got right is that Saturn likes X-mas trees. The rest is a product of your imagination.

Too bad that the red Tories were flushed down the toilet by Harper and his reformers. If the Liberals can fool people, run from the left and then rule from the right, so can he - run from the center and rule from the far right. He is not openly republican because that won't get him elected.

"[Y]our country [the USA], and particularly your conservative movement, is a light and an inspiration to people in this country and across the world."

- Conservative leader Stephen Harper, then vice-president of the National Citizens Coalition, in a June 1997 Montreal meeting of the Council for National Policy, a right-wing American think tank.

I disagree. Many associate the left with authoritarianism (like communism of the eastern european brand). Very few left-wingers would associate themselves that type of "communism". The reality is that left-wingers are generally more concerned with improving the lives of people/society as a whole and authoritarianism goes against that. Left-wing and authoritarian are simply incompatible/contradictory as you noted. But that's not the fault of the two axes - there are still some who would fit in that quadrant (like Stalin).
Of course it is the fault of the two axes.

Try to explain how much Stalin proves to be much more concerned about improving the lives of people or society than all of the rest of us.

Also, there are plenty of people on the right side who would be in the authoritarian side as well, so the vertical axis is useful to distinguish between the two.
So what? We could have a third axis labelled "Favorite Styles of Music" with Monotonous Atonal on one extreme and Mellifluous Harmonic on the other. We could have a fourth axis with favorite colors too.

For the two axes to truly be different dimensions, you have to explain what distinguishes Left Economics from Right Economics while keeping the level of Authoritarianism constant -- which can not be done.

If you think the Conservatives are left wing, the only possible conclusion would be that you a fascist.

The Conservatives have funded womens groups, have given public $100 welfare payments to all families with kids, they've given funding for more public programs, they have not done anything about our immigration crisis but instead have pandered for votes, they have given money to the Chinese for head tax.. they've gone spending crazy.