Political Test

• 1 month later...

With all the new posters on this forum, it's time to bring this thread to the top again.

New here? Do the test below (it's fun and takes about five minutes).

Then post your results (Economic Left/Right) and (Social Libertarian/Authoritarian) in this thread.

Political Compass Test

----

Later, check out the following link to see the mapping of other posters. I'll update the results.

With all the new posters on this forum, it's time to bring this thread to the top again.

Then post your results (Economic Left/Right) and (Social Libertarian/Authoritarian) in this thread.

Political Compass Test

----

Later, check out the following link to see the mapping of other posters. I'll update the results.

I am quite happy to be the polar opposite of Blackdog, although he is way more "out there"

August!! You didn't add me! <_<

Economic Left/Right: 5.13

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.97

is my recent score. Right in there with RB and Reagan. We don't have a real authoritarian/libertarian balance though that's for sure. A pretty equal balance between left and right economically though.

I am starting to dislike this test though. At first it was pretty accurate, but my views have substaintially become more libertarian since I began posting here, yet its not reflected in the score. Boo!! Those views on religion in school and crime and punishment will haunt me forever.

Economic Left/Right: 7.38

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

(I was expecting an extreme 10/-10)

This is a ridiculous test.

It allows the creator of the test to conceal their own political bias to skew overall results. Furthermore, some of the statements assume knowledge which the respondent may not have. How the algorithm deals with their answer can not possibly reflect their political opinion.

Take this statement:

Multinational companies are unethically exploiting the plant genetic resources of developing countries.

The first thing that I thought was "What the hell do I know?"

The second thing that comes to mind is "Are they talking about EVERY multinational company or SOME multinational companies or whatever??"

The third thing that comes to mind is "Are they talking about EVERY developing country....?"

and all of the different combinations of the above.

What the hell do I know what multinational companies are doing?

Are you asking if I know what they are doing? or if I agree to what they are doing (assuming what you say they are doing is correct)?

If I am ignorant of the true facts of how multinationals operate, my answer does not properly represent my political opinion. To infer my political bias from my forced answer is nonsense. The respondents should never have to wonder if they must assume any part of the statement is correct.

An unbiased wording of the statement (for example) would be:

Multinational companies should have the right to exploit the plant genetic resources of developing countries even if the methods are non-sustainable or the results lead to extinction of a plant species.

Strongly Agree | Agree | Disagree | Strongly Disagree

Whether the companies actually do this or not is irrelevant when it comes to determining my political bias or the ethics of the propostion.

Guest Warwick Green

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -1.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97

It makes me a left libertarian. No way. At best I'm center/right. I'll go along with the libertarian.

• 1 month later...

Political Compass Test

----

Later, check out the following link to see the mapping of other posters.

Political Compass Test

----

Thank you for adding me to the map August1991.

• 1 month later...

As much as I am skeptical about the algorithm of this test, we may as well refresh the thread.

Political Compass Test

----

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Political Compass Test

----

Try Politopia.com as they have a very good quiz as well. I find it to be accurate.

I scored as a centrist on the politopia quiz.

Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -5.00

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18

Sounds about right.

www.politopia.com