Political Test

I think this test is Canadian but I don't know for sure. I also think it should be in three dimensions, not two. The third dimension should be nationalism, or sense of loyalty.

It would translate well into French, but I've never pursued that idea.

Lastly, I started a jpg file with the location of various MLF posters. If I get around to it, I'll put it on tinypic.com so everyone can see.

I think this test is Canadian but I don't know for sure.  I also think it should be in three dimensions, not two.  The third dimension should be nationalism, or sense of loyalty.

It would translate well into French, but I've never pursued that idea.

Lastly, I started a jpg file with the location of various MLF posters.  If I get around to it, I'll put it on tinypic.com so everyone can see.

Great idea, I'd love to see that.

• 1 month later...

With all the new posters on this forum, it's time to bring this thread to the top again.

Do the test below (it's fun and takes about five minutes).

Then post your results (Economic Left/Right) and (Social Libertarian/Authoritarian) in this thread.

Political Compass Test

----

Later, check out the following link to see the mapping of other posters.

Economic Left/Right: -6.13

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.90

Those that make me a commie ? :D

Some of the questions I could have answer agree or disagree, should have been a 5th choice.I am sure that would have swung my score.

Example: It is a waste of time to try to rehabilitate some criminals.

Well yes, some but the even close to the majority or even a large portion. So I agree but not strongly.There are probably 5 I could have swung on.

Hmmm...I had previously posted my scores but yet I'm not on the chart.

But no, I'm not posting out of sour grapes (I don't care if I'm on the chart or not..lol) but just to note that it would be interesting if the location of the posters, say NL or AB was next to the poster's name.

I'm willing to bet that the further east one goes, the more left of centre the scores (except for maybe some urban centres out west like Vancouver.)

With all the new posters on this forum, it's time to bring this thread to the top again.

Then post your results (Economic Left/Right) and (Social Libertarian/Authoritarian) in this thread.

Political Compass Test

----

August1991 could you put political figures chart on the link - puts it into perspective

• 3 months later...

New here? Do the test below (it's fun and takes about five minutes).

Political Compass Test

----

Political Compass Test

----

Hello August,

My results are as follows:

Economic Left/Right: -1.88

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.18

Which puts me, a communitarian, in authoritarian left (moderately though) where I thought I was.

tml

Economic: 2.50

Social: -2.97

I found the language of a good number of questions to be less than satisfactory, and in those cases I tended to enter DISAGREE simply because I couldn't determine what the point of the question was, or what the intended definition of a loaded word or phrase might be. I'm sure this necessarily skewed my results, though I'm more or less happy with my outcome based on the agreed upon definitinions for right/left/authoritarian/libertarian.

I think it might be a worthwhile exercise to use the questions given as thread topics, if for no better reason than to discuss the problems with language and definitions I've mentioned above.

BTW, the articles on the 2005 British elections are quite interesting and worth at least a cursory read. It doesn't surprise me that BD's result puts him in the neighbourhood of the Green Party, for reasons I feel no need to discuss. (Keeping in mind that my own result puts me in league with the Liberal Democrats. Shudder.)

Economic Left/Right: -1.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.69

Shows just how left Canada is economically. I am to the left economically (I assume using the U.S. middle as middle of the road.) However I support the Conservative Party of Canada....

Shoop,

I am positive 3 to the right economically and I am borderline still supporting the Liberals and the CPC is -3.

Oh my.