The Democrats Are In HUGE Trouble

The Poll I Linked too was released a week ago
Show me the match up numbers between Toomey and Specter.

RCP Average 8/10 - 10/12 -- 40.2 40.4 Specter +0.2

RCP

So Spector has a 0.2% lead on Toomey. And which way do you think the undecideds will break? :lol: Hint: They don't usually break for the incumbent. Your man Spector is doomed! :lol:

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RCP Average 8/10 - 10/12 -- 40.2 40.4 Specter +0.2

RCP

So Spector has a 0.2% lead on Toomey. And which way do you think the undecideds will break? :lol: Hint: They don't usually break for the incumbent. Your man Spector is doomed! :lol:

Only if you average the polls taken over the last 5 months. If you look at the most recent poll we see he has 3% lead. REPUBLICANS LOSE AGAIN.

PS how is NJ looking after you already claimed that victory?

....Looks like Specter will win this party's primary and then lose in the general. Escpecially when almost 60% of voters think it's time to give someone else a chance. Bye-bye Arlen! :lol:

Yes, that's what counts....turfing Specter. Even if another Democrat wins the general, Specter's senority will be gone.

Only if you average the polls taken over the last 5 months. If you look at the most recent poll we see he has 3% lead. REPUBLICANS LOSE AGAIN.

Nope. I posted the most recent poll, and you responded by posting an older one. THIS IS THE MOST RECENT POLL!

Specter remains locked in a statistical dead heat with Republican Pat Toomey, drawing 42 percent support to Toomey's 41 percent

Link

PS how is NJ looking after you already claimed that victory?

Another statistical dead heat, with a large undecided portion of voters, and a Dem governor who's a former Goldman Sachs CEO. I like my chances! :lol:

More news...

Democrats are bracing for a precipitous drop in black voter turnout next month and beyond.

Tom Jensen, a spokesman for the Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling, has been among the most outspoken. He said the high number of Democrats with districts that are significantly black means such a turnout shift could be disastrous for Democrats.

“If what looks like is going to happen in Virginia plays out on a national level, I do think Democrats will lose the House,” Jensen said.

Link

Shady my friend tell me about how Democracy Corps doesn't show a trend and how much trouble the Dems are in.

New Jersey Governor, polled by The New York Times, 10/9/09-10/14/09, Likely Voters, MoE +/- 4-5%

Jon Corzine (D) 40

Chris Christie ® 37

Chris Daggett (I) 14

After a week in which Republican challenger Chris Christie has watched poll after poll showing a dwindling lead in the gubernatorial race in the Garden State, this poll is the first to show a Corzine lead of greater than a point.

What's more, among registered voters, the polls lead really expands:

New Jersey Governor, polled by The New York Times, 10/9/09-10/14/09, Registered Voters, MoE +/- 3%

Jon Corzine (D) 40

Chris Christie ® 30

Chris Daggett (I) 13

Shady my friend tell me about how Democracy Corps doesn't show a trend and how much trouble the Dems are in.

Because they're an extension of the Democrat Party. Of course they're not going to admit as to how much trouble they're in.

However, others will...

Landscape Shift Means More Trouble for House Democrats

October 20, 2009

Already prepared to deal with challenging midterm turnout dynamics that favor the GOP, national Democratic strategists now find themselves looking at higher unemployment numbers, potentially divisive foreign policy decisions and a president who lacks the luster that he had immediately after his inauguration.

This new political reality has a significant effect on the election prospects of dozens of Democratic candidates for the House, whether incumbents, challengers or open-seat hopefuls.

More than a dozen Democratic Members who were already headed for competitive contests now find themselves in even more serious danger in next year's midterm elections.

RCP

Stop trying to ignore reality. Even though it's quite fun to watch you spin, spin, spin. :lol:

Post Poll: Only 20% Identify As Republicans, Lowest Since 1983

Only 20 percent of respondents identified themselves as Republicans -- the lowest number since 1983.

"These numbers, coming roughly one year before the 2010 midterm elections, show that any celebration on the GOP's behalf is premature as the party has yet to convince most voters that it can be a viable alternative to Democratic control in Washington today," wrote Chris Cillizza.

George Stephanopoulos adds:

Only 19% trust Republicans in Congress to make the right decisions for the country's future -- compared to 49% trust in Obama. In addition, President Obama outpaces his fellow Democrats on the Hill -- by 15 points -- in this measure, providing some ammunition to the perpetual White House argument to Democratic members that their political success is inextricably linked to the president's. And unlike other recent polls, ABC-Post give Democrats a 51-39 edge in the generic Congressional ballot.

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/20/f...s_n_326971.html

Don't ignore reality Shady.

Edited by punked

Don't ignore reality Shady.

Nice propaganda poll from The Huffington Post. Why am I not suprised. Here's the real and accurate information.

More Independents Lean GOP; Party Gap Smallest Since '05

PRINCETON, NJ -- In the third quarter of this year, 48% of Americans identified politically as Democrats or said they were independent but leaned to the Democratic Party. At the same time, 42% identified as Republicans or as independents who leaned Republican. That six-point spread in leaned party affiliation is the smallest Gallup has measured since 2005

"Since Barack Obama took office as president in January, the Democratic advantage in leaned party identification has shrunk each quarter, from 13 points in the first quarter (52% to 39%) to 9 points in the second quarter (49% to 40%) and 6 points in the most recent quarter (48% to 42%)."

Gallup

And historically, the Dems always hold at least a small lead in party identification. Even when the lose elections in landslides. :lol:

Oh my. :o

Obama trying to boost party money, morale

In Illinois, Republican Mark Kirk out-raised Democrat Alex Giannoulias last quarter and is keeping pace overall in the race for Obama's old Senate seat. In two states where Democrats hope to pick up Senate seats open because of Republican retirements, Republicans Charlie Crist and Marco Rubio vastly outraised Democrat Kendrick Meek in Florida in the past quarter, and Republican Rob Portman is swamping Democrat Lee Fisher both this past quarter and overall.

In the House, several dozen Republican challengers in Democratic-held districts have raised more than $100,000 through September, an increase from June when that was true of just over a dozen such GOP candidates. And as of June, the Republican governors had $20 million cash on hand, compared with only $12 million for Democratic governors.

Also causing concern for Democrats: The DNC hasn't raised as much as party operatives thought it would and the Republican National Committee under Chairman Michael Steele has exceeded Democratic expectations. The DNC has raised nearly $55 million, including $8.2 million last month, through September, compared with $59 million, including $8.7 million last month, for the RNC.

Link

Nice propaganda poll from The Huffington Post. Why am I not suprised. Here's the real and accurate information.

More Independents Lean GOP; Party Gap Smallest Since '05

PRINCETON, NJ -- In the third quarter of this year, 48% of Americans identified politically as Democrats or said they were independent but leaned to the Democratic Party. At the same time, 42% identified as Republicans or as independents who leaned Republican. That six-point spread in leaned party affiliation is the smallest Gallup has measured since 2005

"Since Barack Obama took office as president in January, the Democratic advantage in leaned party identification has shrunk each quarter, from 13 points in the first quarter (52% to 39%) to 9 points in the second quarter (49% to 40%) and 6 points in the most recent quarter (48% to 42%)."

Gallup

And historically, the Dems always hold at least a small lead in party identification. Even when the lose elections in landslides. :lol:

To the Republicans, a landslide is one percentage point and a mandate. To the Democrats six points is a victory and the people have spoken.

I hope you can understand the difference.

Hey Shady NJ Dems 9 point lead!!

http://www.suffolk.edu/research/38931.html

It's clearly an outlier. They even say so themselves.

Though most polls are showing the New Jersey governor’s race to be dead even between incumbent Democratic Governor Jon Corzine and former U.S. Attorney and Republican challenger Chris Christie

Btw, how's Deeds doing in Virginia? :lol:

It's clearly an outlier. They even say so themselves.

Though most polls are showing the New Jersey governor’s race to be dead even between incumbent Democratic Governor Jon Corzine and former U.S. Attorney and Republican challenger Chris Christie

Btw, how's Deeds doing in Virginia? :lol:

No way is Christie taking it.

Latest poll, Christie up by 2!

General Election Matchup (Daggett Included)

Christie ® 41 (+4 from last poll, 9/28-10/5)

Corzine (D) 39 (+1)

Daggett (I) 14 (-3)

Don't Know 3 (-3)

RCP

Latest poll Corzine up by 1

By Emily Swanson

Stockton College / Zogby

10/27-29/09; 1,093 likely voters, 3% margin of error

Mode: Live telephone interviews

(Stockton release)

New Jersey

2009 Governor

Corzine 40%, Christie 39%, Daggett 14% (chart)

By Emily Swanson on October 30, 2009

Latest poll Corzine up by 1

By Emily Swanson

Stockton College / Zogby

10/27-29/09; 1,093 likely voters, 3% margin of error

Mode: Live telephone interviews

(Stockton release)

New Jersey

2009 Governor

Corzine 40%, Christie 39%, Daggett 14% (chart)

By Emily Swanson on October 30, 2009

I guess it's safe to say the 9 point lead you posted a few days ago was definitely an outlier. Or it evaporated in record time. :lol:

Maybe Corzine needs to spend some more money on campaign ads of fat jokes.

IMO there will be huge Republican gains come Nov. 2010. If they don't like the tax increases and huge gov't interventions now, wait until cap and trade with tax increases to pay for that !!! That should nicely alienate most of the voters by then. :lol:

Hey Shady I heard in the NY-23 things have gotten so bad for the Republican candidate that she just gave up and endorsed the Democratic one. Yah I keep hearing things are look bad for the Dems and the republicans just keep falling apart. Maybe they should have ran Teddy Disco again. He did so well last time when you claimed a Republican victory.

Edited by punked

Hey Shady I heard in the NY-23 things have gotten so bad for the Republican candidate that she just gave up and endorsed the Democratic one.

Yep, they booted the Dem pretending to be a Republican. The actual Republican candidate is ahead in the polls.

Hoffman Leads Owens 41-36%

Link

And...

Chris Christie leads Jon Corzine 47-41

Link

Looks like your boy Corzine is in a tad bit of trouble! :lol: