Khadr - Court rules he must be Repatriated

This has already been covered in great detail already, Mr.Omar Khadr has already been declared a terrorist, of which he is not afforded ANY protection under the genva covention, inter national law or for that matter Canadian law....there is NO special coverage for children under the terrorist act or any laws under the conventions , or inter national law...

Hence why the inter national courts have not demanded his release, or demanded he be treated as a Child soldier....

There has been plenty of links providing this info given in the past....One would think that if there was a question about his status that his defence team would have presued it and won his release by now....but last time i checked he is still in gitmo....

Try to understand why terror and horror movies often owe their box-office successes to children actors.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There also seems to be enough legal definition of what constitutes a child soldier to compel Canada to intervene and act for instead of against him.

Link

It stands to reason that a signatory nation that takes a captive that falls into the child-soldier catagory should treat that 'prisoner' much differently than an adult prisoner. It also stands to reason that any signatory nation who's child-citizens that are thus captured would have an interest in ensuring the kid's rights were not only upheld but extended if need be.

The least Canada should be doing is proposing amendments to the international protocol's to account for and ensure events like this are handled better in the future.

So what is it our nation does with these terrorist, spank them send them back to mom, only to be put on the front lines once more....what a crock of shit, our current laws say it's ok to shoot and kill them by the dozens on the battle field but once caught they are not to be held responsable for thier actions....does that make any sense to anyone....i can kill them but i can't make them responsable for thier actions.....

You talk about childrens rights but what of the rights of our soldiers, that have to face and live with the actions created by these child terrorists...YA i know it's our job, to act as targets for these so called children that will have imunity for any action they carry out....do you not think the Taliban won't take advantage of that.....

You talk about childrens rights but what of the rights of our soldiers, that have to face and live with the actions created by these child terrorists...YA i know it's our job, to act as targets for these so called children that will have imunity for any action they carry out....do you not think the Taliban won't take advantage of that.....

A fifteen year old is mature enough to know exactly what he's doing lobbing grenades and building/placing IEDs.

Regardless of what led him to do it, he'll never be a productive Canadian and he and his family clearly don't want to BE Canadian. Go riddance to them and if they let him out of Gitmo I hope they put holes in his boat.

NeighboUr... is the right spelling in Canada, you twit.

I'd rather have Omar as a neighbour than Shona Holmes!

Here's a really intelligent statement.

You'd rather have a man whose made it his mission to fight for the enemies of Canada as your neighbour than an upset woman who got frustrated with Canadian Health Care when she had a brain tumor?

I'm embarrassed you and I live in the same town with a statement like that. I hope you don't live in the South End.

Edited by Moonbox

Where's the proof he's Al Qaeda? He was told to go play for that team by his father.

Just so i'm on the same page....according to your above statement, your saying there is no proof he is Al Qaeda, and yet you state that his father told him to play for the team....at what piont does he become part of the team, after serveral IED operations, how many gun fights must you be in, how many NATO soldiers must he kill....how many home movies do you need to make....

Edited by Army Guy

When a child becomes mature enough to confront his father.

When is that? I started confronting my father when I was probably 11-12. How about you? Regardless of whether or not Khadr was acting on his father's instructions, he was definetly old enough to know what he was doing. As a combatant/supporter of the Taliban there, he was certainly smart enough to understand he might be shot at. If he's smart enough to know that, he's also smart enough to know life might not be rosey after being captured.

When is that? I started confronting my father when I was probably 11-12. How about you? Regardless of whether or not Khadr was acting on his father's instructions, he was definetly old enough to know what he was doing. As a combatant/supporter of the Taliban there, he was certainly smart enough to understand he might be shot at. If he's smart enough to know that, he's also smart enough to know life might not be rosey after being captured.

We should refrain to torture someone who asks for it, even if he is old and smart.

Just so i'm on the same page....according to your above statement, your saying there is no proof he is Al Qaeda, and yet you state that his father told him to play for the team....at what piont does he become part of the team, after serveral IED operations, how many gun fights must you be in, how many NATO soldiers must he kill....how many home movies do you need to make....

Army Guy, if you spot someone in Real Life, having anything to do with the planting of an IED over there, shoot them a lot. The video that I've seen of Omar only shows an innocent kid `playing war'. If you'd have caught him planting an IED, I'd want to kill him myself. But I seriously doubt this kid intended to hurt anyone.

Army Guy, if you spot someone in Real Life, having anything to do with the planting of an IED over there, shoot them a lot. The video that I've seen of Omar only shows an innocent kid `playing war'. If you'd have caught him planting an IED, I'd want to kill him myself. But I seriously doubt this kid intended to hurt anyone.

Innocent playing war? in Afganistan? Do you accuse our solders of playing war? He was there aiding our enemies, there was no "play".

it was in the early days of the `coalition', when half of Afghanistan didn't even know they were being `invaded'.

and `our' soldiers weren't involved.

They were our solders they were Nato solders, as in us Nato against them taliban. The Taliban and its supporters sure new they were being invaded.

If you'd have caught him planting an IED, I'd want to kill him myself.
The courtroom airing of the 12-minute tape, which allegedly shows a 15-year-old Khadr planting land mines and assembling bomb timers, was delayed during a hearing Nov. 8. The recording was broadcast Sunday on the CBS newsmagazine show 60 Minutes.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...me=&no_ads=

Although this video has been used as evidence already in this thread, I'll entertain your post. How much of the video actually (Not Allegedly) shows him `planting' IEDs? Hmmm? None?

He's filmed in nightvision by someone and there's a brief shot of some robed figure with a pick-ax allegedly digging the pit in which a land mine is allegedly placed.

But there isn't a shred of video proof that Omar was directly involved in the planting of a land mine just like there's no proof he threw a grenade.

There is growing evidence though that Canada and CSIS treat `brown' citizens differently than white ones overseas. And there's growing evidence that far too many Canadians agree with this prejudice.

Edited by Radsickle

There is growing evidence though that Canada and CSIS treat `brown' citizens differently than white ones overseas. And there's growing evidence that far too many Canadians agree with this prejudice.

What evidence does Canada/CSIS treat "brown/beige/tan/etc...." "citizens" differently than white ones overseas. In fact I would say that they are treated exactly the same as whites. Its common to say you hate Nazis and Hitler (whites), Stalin and communists (whites) and the list goes on....As a "WHITE-German background" I have never forgiven other "WHITE" groups such as Hitler Youth for the atrocities that they would grow into. They were manipulated like Omar I am sure, but I do not forgive Omar because he has a darker skin pigment, nor do I pretend he cannot be held accoutable for his actions. If you pardon him, please be fair and pardon Hitler Youth, will you do that? Has Canada forgiven Hitler Youth (WHITE)? Has CSIS (even tho they were not around then) forgiven Hitler Youth (WHITE)? I draw the exact same comparison I depise them both, so try not make a race issue out of it.

Although this video has been used as evidence already in this thread, I'll entertain your post. How much of the video actually (Not Allegedly) shows him `planting' IEDs? Hmmm? None?

He's filmed in nightvision by someone and there's a brief shot of some robed figure with a pick-ax allegedly digging the pit in which a land mine is allegedly placed.

But there isn't a shred of video proof that Omar was directly involved in the planting of a land mine just like there's no proof he threw a grenade.

Showing him constructiong an IED is enough to put him away for ever.