FOX Belitles Canada in Afghanistan

..... Also: As mentioned - America has the policy to dehumanize all others on the planet - what makes you think that they think differently about Canada - we are potential meat to these wolves.. :rolleyes:

Correct...a policy so hated, that America is now a nation of over 300,000,000 from around the world.

305,000,000 vs 33,000,000.....count the voting feet and do the math.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we believe the official version of 9/11, that the U.S. military was that weak, than how can we even think of them as a super power? They were a nation of bumbling idiots.

I don't believe the official version. At the very least they would have whisked the President to safety. Obviously he was too engrossed in the story book to think about the children who would be blown to bits if the planes were headed his way.

The U.S. is not that inept. The second plane would have been shot down before it hit the second building and the American missile that hit the Pentagon would not have been fired. It's kind of no-brainer. It certainly wouldn't have been the first false flag war or 'surprise' attack to justify going to war. They played it beautifully.

You're right about Fox though. They have an audience so they exist. You don't have to watch it.

I can barely watch CNN because of the low quality that is "the most trusted name in news" - Talking heads will talk as long as you feed them.

Is the year-long break they're referring to, related to just Afghanistan, or is it a year-long break in general? Because if it's a year-long break in general, then that's pretty pathetic.

That being said, anyone who would post a clip from Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld, and claim that "Fox is belittling Canada" is pretty disingenuous. His show is not different than Realtime with Bill Maher, except there's no audience, and it airs at 2am.

....Anyone else see that there's something wrong with this picture? Why take a year off? We should just come home. We've sacrificed enough.

I'm looking forward to the ultimate irony.....Americans will "come home" from Iraq before Canada comes home from Afghansitan (the "morally superior war").

Prog Tory:

If we believe the official version of 9/11, that the U.S. military was that weak, than how can we even think of them as a super power? They were a nation of bumbling idiots.

I don't believe the official version. At the very least they would have whisked the President to safety. Obviously he was too engrossed in the story book to think about the children who would be blown to bits if the planes were headed his way.

The U.S. is not that inept. The second plane would have been shot down before it hit the second building and the American missile that hit the Pentagon would not have been fired. It's kind of no-brainer. It certainly wouldn't have been the first false flag war or 'surprise' attack to justify going to war. They played it beautifully.

You're right about Fox though. They have an audience so they exist. You don't have to watch it.

1. No system is perfect. The US military wasn't and isn't "weak". To call them idiots implies that you could have done better, and you don't know that you could have.

2. I find it hard to believe that any 'Tory' would be a 9/11 'troother' as most of the ones I have met are fringe lefty types.

3. Clearly, it is a "brainer", in that most people with a brain rightly recognize the 9/11 conspiracy theories as distasteful fantasies.

If you want to have a 9/11 conspiracy discussion, though, it's best to start another thread. We had plenty of those and they led nowhere. Lately, that nonsense has calmed down thank goodness.

Conspiracy means more than one person planning harm against a third unaware party....of course there was a conspiracy - the terrorists conspire and that former administration sat in the back room launching lies...the whole deal was a mess...and it will never be resolved - because all of the participants and facilitators are all liars. END OF STORY.

I'm sure there has been a lot of wasted money but the real problem is that we as Canadians have no clear consensus about what we want our military to be.

There is no real consensus for supporting them, either economically or politically. But I think most of the delays in re-equipping the military after the disgraceful way the Liberals let them fall apart are due to the time lags in acquiring major pieces of kit - usually several years - combined with the horribly inefficient, ineffective, expensive, and time consuming purchasing systems in the federal government. DND is particularly notoriously awful at making purchases of goods and services drag on for years.

In recent years, top Canadian generals have developed an activist streak in which they've started to appeal directly to the public. This is a dangerous trend towards politicizing the military.

I haven't seen a lot of that. What we've instead seen is the media seeking out the military for news they hope can be used against the Tories - who the media largely hate. In this case Leslie was testifying before a Senate committee - not going to the public with the complaints.

So why all the hoopla about main battle tanks?

Because they're sitting in a warehouse for lack of spare parts and upgrades, and DND still hasn't even let a contract for that work to be done. DND purchasing moves at a pace which makes a snail seem like greased lightning. The only thing slower is their training and recruitment programs.

S'funny. I knew you'd be just the kind of gullible, knowledge-free person who would buy eagerly into conspiracy theories. Hell, I even SAID it a few days ago.

The Liberals are welcome to you.

Fox News is 24 hours of newsfarce.

It does seems to focus on anything but news.

Having said that, CNN is getting worse almost monthly. It has a breezy talk show like format now that is sending it to the bottom in terms of ratings. The network has no gravitas.

http://www.portfolio.com/views/blogs/mixed...-lamb-than-lion

Through March 17, CNN trailed not only Fox News and MSNBC but also its own sister network, Headline News, on nine out of 17 days. On one day, March 13, CNN even drew fewer 25-to-54 viewers than CNBC -- the first time that's happened since November 2007. And of the eight days it finished higher than fourth in the demo, five were either Saturdays or Sundays, typically the lowest rated nights for the news networks.

The network to watch grow: MSNBC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJn5XlbSFk

I'll let this speak for itself.

Its amazing that our kept press here in canada did'nt report this particular specimen of american "infotainment" puss.

What further proof do we need that Canada needs to try to distance itslef as much as possible from that crazed nation (even if our nation isn't that much saner)...

Why not get closer to the EU?

I mean everything that comes from that country - culture, TV, music, political ideology etc... its all garbage...

separation and non-intervention make the best neighbors.. perhaps the US can stave off their own financial mess without our puny, insignificant country helping..

that would be the day...

Its amazing that our kept press here in canada did'nt report this particular specimen of american "infotainment" puss.

More important things perhaps? NMot to mention it is not worth getting panties in a knot over.

Why not get closer to the EU?

Too hard to move the land mass. It took billions of years to get us over here , someday it may get closer , but I wont be alive.

I mean everything that comes from that country - culture, TV, music, political ideology etc... its all garbage...

Never had a Po boy huh? Beef on Weck?Kansas City BBQ ?

More important things perhaps? NMot to mention it is not worth getting panties in a knot over.

Too hard to move the land mass. It took billions of years to get us over here , someday it may get closer , but I wont be alive.

Never had a Po boy huh? Beef on Weck?Kansas City BBQ ?

I see! a show with access to millions of people, capable of shaping public opinion, slanders our country and even is entertaining the notion of invading us...

you're telling me this isn't a significant event?

and I'm sorry but the US managed to make China its biggest trading partner in lieu of us... did'nt take much in the way of tectonic plate shift to achieve that... I think it has something to do with our navigational technology, apparently its possible to actaully IMPORT and EXPORT wares in this world! mindblowing isn't it!

And i don't suppose you read much on trade, but as the ice caps are melting, the seas north of our border can now be navigated! And we've blocked the EU while permitting US ships ton cross TARIF free.. maybe we could switch partners?

And no, never had a po boy... pretty sure i've seen a lot of BK's, mcdicks, wendy's etc though.. and pretty sure britney spears is still on the radio...

what a silly person you are ! tee hee !

I see! a show with access to millions of people,

Actually , the show has access to billions. That they only get 300,000 eyes or so is why I say ...meh.

you're telling me this isn't a significant event?

That a group of unimportant people spew ignorance? No.....should it? We have our own idiots to worry about.

what a silly person you are ! tee hee !

Yes, I'm silly because a show that plays at 3AM to no one is so important. :rolleyes:

Actually , the show has access to billions. That they only get 300,000 eyes or so is why I say ...meh.

That a group of unimportant people spew ignorance? No.....should it? We have our own idiots to worry about.

Yes, I'm silly because a show that plays at 3AM to no one is so important. :rolleyes:

300 000 people brainwashed and filled with contempt for our country... this is all ho hum to you? Anyways this is getting a bit subjective.. rolleyes if you want...

its unfortunate that when don imus says "nappy headed hos", we hear about it here...

but when a show openly discusses armed invasion and hatred of us... meh!

...Why not get closer to the EU?

OK...but such notions are silly coming from a nation still trying to figure out the distance to Quebec. Even the anti-Americanism is imported from America's media.

I think its safe to say most people working on Fox are Republicans, and since their leader GW, became a disgrace and war crime king, I say they are jealous of Canada because of the way the world thinks of the USA all done by GW. The economics meltdown all started in the USA and people around the world are suffering because it and this doesn't help either. The Republicans are down and Fox has to do something to bring them back. Sean Hannity now has his own show all to himself so he can bring on all the dishonest advisors, like Morris, who slept with a hooker and told government secrets and Clinton fired, Col. North, connected to the Contra scam, the head of the Guard Angels, who was angry because Canada said no to their guards and the list goes on. Hannity is trying hard to be the "Rush " of TV and make to 100 Mil and I find him very self-centered person. Anyone tuning into Fox, know its all one sided on the news and on the talk shows.

I think its safe to say most people working on Fox are Republicans, and since their leader GW, became a disgrace and war crime king, I say they are jealous of Canada because of the way the world thinks of the USA all done by GW. The economics meltdown all started in the USA and people around the world are suffering because it and this doesn't help either. The Republicans are down and Fox has to do something to bring them back. Sean Hannity now has his own show all to himself so he can bring on all the dishonest advisors, like Morris, who slept with a hooker and told government secrets and Clinton fired, Col. North, connected to the Contra scam, the head of the Guard Angels, who was angry because Canada said no to their guards and the list goes on. Hannity is trying hard to be the "Rush " of TV and make to 100 Mil and I find him very self-centered person. Anyone tuning into Fox, know its all one sided on the news and on the talk shows.

I agree that Hannity is far too slavishly republican (its probably in his contract) and way too hopped up on christian opium (like bill o'reilly) but at LEAST they provide the viewer with some much needed dissent from the orthodoxy of the Politically Correct party line- he actually isn't afraid of being rational about race for instance and calling out instance of black racism (such as the Kamal Kambon incident which he vigorously reported)

Without him there would be no such thing as dissent in media...

...and I think it's safe to say that people working at the CBC are Canadians, but I don't hold it against them.

Given that you choose to come here and belittle Canadians on a quite regular basis, I have a hard time believing that.

and YOU shouldn't......

I don't.....the US media market only gets a glimpse of the CBC on C-SPAN, while Fox News weighs heavy on some Canuck minds. That's what so funny about the "outrage"...as if you are forced to watch Fox.

Sorry your domestic offerings are so....limited.

Edited by bush_cheney2004