President Teleprompter

This is a spin-off topic from my 'Senator Teleprompter' thread from back during the Presidential campaign.

Obama's safety net: the TelePrompter

President Barack Obama doesn’t go anywhere without his TelePrompter. The textbook-sized panes of glass holding the president’s prepared remarks follow him wherever he speaks.

Obama’s reliance on the teleprompter is unusual — not only because he is famous for his oratory, but because no other president has used one so consistently and at so many events, large and small.

Politico

Barack Obama - teleprompter addict, not master orator

Friday, March 6. He has been credited as one of the best orators in a generation, but Barack Obama is under fire for his 'addiction' to using teleprompters even during some of his shorter remarks.

UK News

Just in case you haven't heard the Messiah minus his teleprompter, it's quite entertaining. Here are my favourites:

Obama claims he's visited 57 States

Children get breathalyzer

Something about the cost of the war

They say that...uh....they say that...uh....they say that....uh...

The last one is from a couple of days ago. So far there's no video of him thanking himself on St. Patrick's Day with the Irish PM, but I'm hoping that'll be available sometime soon. Keep your fingers crossed!

And as usual, enjoy! :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOTUS is here!

You didn’t hear the horns blowing, but TOTUS--Teleprompter of the United States of America--is here.

Rush Limbaugh said it first.

While you were busy trying to save your job, your house, your family and your faith in America, TOTUS had already morphed from POTUS.

It was a clever enough shtick because you can’t shout down a teleprompter. Call it a liar all you want, it will just continue on to the next paragraph in the text.

TOTUS is not just missing promised transparency, Hope and Change, it has absolutely no human feelings. Like a robot, it just scrolls right on.

---

TOTUS will pre-empt American Idol, prime time, 8 p.m., March 24 for what Drudge reports as “The Real American Idol”.

It’s been eight long weeks of “Now you see him, now you don’t” with Barack Obama in the White House.

Obama, The Real, is going to make history with Jay Leno as he becomes the first sitting president to appear on late night chat with the comedian/writer known as “The Chin”, tomorrow.

The appearance of Obama, the Real will make another historical first--the first time he appears anywhere in public without his teleprompter!

TOTUS was even there at the St. Patrick’s Day (whoops, make that Shamrock Day) party at the White House last night.

----

Don’t know about the United Nations, Exxon, Coca-Cola, Disneyland, the CIA and Department of Homeland Security, who all speak to us chattering classes from the teleprompter, but TOTUS has a good reason for using his.

It’s the “uhhh, uhh, umm, ahh..umm, errr...umm, uhh, ahhh, umm, err...umm, ah, I think, err, errr, umm, what I said was, um, uhh, errr...”

Meanwhile, the only way to short circuit TOTUS is with a dose of tea.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/9432

ROTFL

ODS Strikes again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, we all got a great example of what happens when Obama's teleprompter isn't around. He ends up trying to be funny, and having to apologize to the Special Olympics because of it. Think of Obama's teleprompter as an American Express card. He shouldn't leave home without it! :lol:

Also, I gave out the wrong blog address in a previous post. I'd like to correct my mistake.

http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/

Edited by Shady

Since this thread was started by a Republican toady for the expressed purpose of denigrating everything about Barack Obama, and the teleprompter is used to infer that Obama is cut from the same cloth as George Bush -- in other words, incapable of original thought -- this would be a good place to inform everyone of one thing Obama can do which George can't -- write his own speeches, books and editorials, for example:

Barack Obama: A time for global actionBy Barack Obama Tribune Media ServicesPublished: March 23, 2009

Since this thread was started by a Republican toady for the expressed purpose of denigrating everything about Barack Obama, and the teleprompter is used to infer that Obama is cut from the same cloth as George Bush -- in other words, incapable of original thought -- this would be a good place to inform everyone of one thing Obama can do which George can't -- write his own speeches, books and editorials, for example:

Barack Obama: A time for global actionBy Barack Obama Tribune Media ServicesPublished: March 23, 2009

incapable of original thought... Harper tried the original..didn't work... he also uses one. Kinda hard to trust someone who won't look you in the eyes or camera.

really you have proof of you statement?

"No, a proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." (Statement by a very great leader of a great democracy).

*Telepromtper update*

Obama Upgrade: Teleprompters Swapped for Giant TV Monitor for News Conference

Link

It looks as though all of the teleprompter criticizim finally got to them, or at least enough to make them feel self-conscience about it. They decided to go with a large television monitor instead of the usual Obama teleprompter. Something tells me that TOTUS is going to be quite upset.

COURTESY OF SPEECHIFERS INCORPORATED.

budget - we can trust in.

budget...we can believe in.

budget -in these dire times of econonmic upheavel.

budget that you can understand!

budget that I understand - yes I can! BUDGET BUDGET BUDGET...we are putting everyone on a budget but the bail out bonus boys - that we don't want to divert to at present because the presidency has BUDGETARIAL matters to contend with to get America back on a budget...

Budget...

THANK YOU MR. PRESIDENT FOR YOUR CONCISE AND INSIGHTFUL BUDGETARY ..EXPOSITION..

CAN SOMEONE TURN OFF THE MACHINE NOW?

...budget that I understand - yes I can! BUDGET BUDGET BUDGET...we are putting everyone on a budget but the bail out bonus boys - that we don't want to divert to at present because the presidency has BUDGETARIAL matters to contend with to get America back on a budget...

Methinks Obama is worried about his budget....and he should be, since it makes Dubya's budgets look downright fiscally responsible in comparison. :lol:

Methinks Obama is worried about his budget....and he should be, since it makes Dubya's budgets look downright fiscally responsible in comparison. :lol:

Fiscally responsible ...what the hell does that mean? Does it mean to respond to money? Everyone responds to the stuff...Have you noticed that Dubya's speeches were juniour Orwellian and Obama has a Phd...in Orwellian non-speak....His voice and words are musical...did you know that the mythical Satan character was a musician - the prince of the air and sending vibrations throught the air ...and at the sametime expelling hot air...I mean real hot! Obama is exactly what I expected...just a better parrot than the last - and to think that the whole world fell for this shit and is still lapping up the messiahs verbal droppings.