Somali pirates seize oil tanker

kimmy

seems to me the simplest thing to do would be sink the pirates ships in harbor. Kinda of hard to Pirate when you don't have a boat. And we wont even have to kill many people to do it. Just pull into harbor, tell them they have two minutes to get off the boat and then open up the gates of hell and scuttle them.

Most ships/countries/places don't have a problem with sinking/fighting off Green Peace vessels.... so dead pirates are even easier on the conciousness. Search and destroy.

Pirates could be the new Al-Queda. Arrrrr.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you started shelling the pirate town every news station in the world would be filled with pictures of sobbing women and dead children, and all the politicians would be running for cover. Likely the pirates would then sue them before the international court, and be awarded even more money than they got through pirating.

That would happen in Canada. Those big battleships are also fitted with tomahawk cruise missiles and technology allows us to use very accurate munitions. Also it depends on media spin...

What we should all do is start using biodiesel... not only would we be supporting local farmers such as blueblood herself, but if someone happened to pirate it, we wouldn't have to sail the USS Missouri half way around the world (what a $avings that would be on gas alone) to blow away the culprits...

Edited by kengs333

I thought that went out in the days of Captain Kidd... I just thought they were random boats.

You probably thought they were just terrorists too. Piracy for all the bastards I'm sure some must be do seem to have been given a certain legitamacy in much folklore around the world.

I won't be the least bit surprised if we soon start to see people cheering on modern day Robin Hoods and Bonnie and Clydes if robbing banks comes into vogue again - "its okay folks its the governments money we stealing". Who could argue with that these days?

I wouldn't doubt they'll even throw a wad or two into the air as they make their escape. It would probably create a good diversion.

You probably thought they were just terrorists too. Piracy for all the bastards I'm sure some must be do seem to have been given a certain legitamacy in much folklore around the world.

I won't be the least bit surprised if we soon start to see people cheering on modern day Robin Hoods and Bonnie and Clydes if robbing banks comes into vogue again - "its okay folks its the governments money we stealing". Who could argue with that these days?

I wouldn't doubt they'll even throw a wad or two into the air as they make their escape. It would probably create a good diversion.

Yes i do think they are terrorists. Terrorists already have their cheerleaders, these types are no different, their homeland gives them protection.

Any sane and rational and law abiding citizen in the first world can argue with that these days. Have we seen the beginning of class warfare again? I wouldn't worry, the rich west always prevails.

So, just drop bombs willy nilly over Somalia and rely on God to waft them to their proper targets?

Well you could do it that was but it would be more cost effective to simply send a half dozen helocopter gunships to every locale and strafe their boats till they resemble swiss cheese.

It's the lunitical social suicide reaking havoc - created by the globalists...who know you can't take it with you so as they age are making sure they cause as much mayhem as possible and totally destablize the world - These pirates could be shut down in a week if their was the will to do so - they remind me of the facilitation that takes place in most crimminal courts in Toronto where they release gun men to continue to harrass the public - this would not be happening unless someone somewhere wants it to happen - Somalian bad behaviour is condoned - If it was not - a stop would have been put to it yesterday - don't you think that China - Russia and America - toss in a few British warships could not shut the jerks down in a week - IF they wanted to - but what do you expect out of nations that are now run by crimminals? To attack other crimminals? - not likely.

.... don't you think that China - Russia and America - toss in a few British warships could not shut the jerks down in a week - IF they wanted to - but what do you expect out of nations that are now run by crimminals? To attack other crimminals? - not likely.

So what's wrong with using Canadian "warships" to do the right thing? I seem to recall that you have a few left. Commonwealth brethren from India have already bagged 'em a pirate ship!

So what's wrong with using Canadian "warships" to do the right thing? I seem to recall that you have a few left. Commonwealth brethren from India have already bagged 'em a pirate ship!

If America and Canada want to have some fun that does not go bad (Iraq and Afghanistan) - bagging pirates sound like good harmless sport - someone should tell Dick and George to go get em - Dick can ride shot gun and Harper could be the cabin boy.

Well you could do it that was but it would be more cost effective to simply send a half dozen helocopter gunships to every locale and strafe their boats till they resemble swiss cheese.

Okay, so you'd let God guide your bullets instead of bombs into His targets. Apparently it still doesn't seem to matter if you can tell the pirates from everyone else, just start blasting away at boats in general and praying for the best seems to be your only strategy.

If America and Canada want to have some fun that does not go bad (Iraq and Afghanistan) - bagging pirates sound like good harmless sport - someone should tell Dick and George to go get em - Dick can ride shot gun and Harper could be the cabin boy.

Doesn't Canada do anything by itself? Without permission? Live a little for chrisakes and go slay some pirates......Somali pirates...wink wink.

So, just drop bombs willy nilly over Somalia and rely on God to waft them to their proper targets?

Well, to be fair, there's nothing there anyone would miss anyway.

It's one of the few countries in the world whose citizenry would have their lives improved if they were kidnapped and shipped off to a cotton farm as slaves somewhere.

Well, to be fair, there's nothing there anyone would miss anyway.

It's one of the few countries in the world whose citizenry would have their lives improved if they were kidnapped and shipped off to a cotton farm as slaves somewhere.

They are all ready shipped off - to a place called Scarbourough....they are a cute round faced bunch...I guess the onces that were not scarey enough to be priates walked the plank to Canada...sometimes I wonder about some of the people on this site _ I realize your are in Alberta - and you have so much space you can yell the word N****r with impunity - try that in Toronto you cowards..I make friends with them - to gain the trust of a black man in Toronto is no easy task - but some take the easy way out...and don't gain the trust of no one - black or white....This is Canada and you can not send back half the population to "back where they came from"...find the best in the person if you are man enough?

One of the world's largest supertankers, the Sirius Star, owned by Saudi Arabia's state oil company Aramco, has been seized by pirates off the Horn of Africa, and is being taken to the Somali port of Eyl.

The ship carries an international crew of 25, who are reported to be unharmed. It is also carrying 2 million barrels of oil.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/081118/worl...piracy_saudi_us

These waters are patrolled by warships from several nations, including Canada apparently, but the pirates are becoming more and more brazen.

One tends to suspect that a heist of this magnitude will prompt certain nations to become more pro-active in their approach to the pirates...

-k

Pirating has been happening for decades in Somalia.

It is only recentley it has gotten attention.

During the brief period of power where the Islamists had control, they had all but eradicated pirating however a Ethiopian backed Government overthrew them and pirating as a result has increased tenfold.

Not to mention decades of dumping radioactive waste must have pissed the pirates off.

Edited by Candice

"NAIROBI, Kenya - Pirates chased and shot at a U.S. cruise ship with more than 1,000 people on board but failed to hijack the vessel as it sailed along a corridor patrolled by international warships, officials said Tuesday.

The captain of the M/S Nautica ordered passengers inside and gunned the engine, allowing the ship to outrun the pirates' speedboats in the Gulf of Aden on Sunday, a company spokesman said."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28011013/

What I'm getting from this article is that 1000 people were dumb enough to be on a luxury cruise through pirate-infested waters.

I was also once on a luxury cruise through pirate infested waters; luckily it was within the confines of Disneyland and the pirates were all animatronic.

-k

"NAIROBI, Kenya - Pirates chased and shot at a U.S. cruise ship with more than 1,000 people on board but failed to hijack the vessel as it sailed along a corridor patrolled by international warships, officials said Tuesday.

The captain of the M/S Nautica ordered passengers inside and gunned the engine, allowing the ship to outrun the pirates' speedboats in the Gulf of Aden on Sunday, a company spokesman said."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28011013/

What I'm getting from this article is that 1000 people were dumb enough to be on a luxury cruise through pirate-infested waters.

I was also once on a luxury cruise through pirate infested waters; luckily it was within the confines of Disneyland and the pirates were all animatronic.

-k

LOL

Another option that I have not heard anyone mention. Run a Sting on them. outfit a boat to look like a juicy target and fill it full of pissed off Navy seals or Marines. When they pull it over. Game over.