Somali pirates seize oil tanker

kimmy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh goodie, goodie, goodie--Indians make ship go BOOM!!!

How come America does not step in and get all the priates off the high seas? What am I thinking - Pirates don't attack other pirates unless the other pirates have a lot of booty they can take- to bad Somali is so poor - to poor for intervension. Harrr -

I want to be a pirate.

Or docking the USS Missouri off the coast of Eyl and conducting battery drills...

Awww... hell... why not just nuke 'em???? :rolleyes:

Seriously, the use of overwhelming force against bedraggled third-world thugs is starting to get a little passe... people who make such suggestions have no right to consider themselves "civilized"...

How come America does not step in and get all the priates off the high seas? What am I thinking - Pirates don't attack other pirates unless the other pirates have a lot of booty they can take- to bad Somali is so poor - to poor for intervension. Harrr -

Why should the US act as our global police force...?

I want to be a pirate.

Hmmm... let's see... lengthy stints at sea in really close quarters with a crew of equally sex-starved men... shiver my timbers, indeed... :o

Hmmm... let's see... lengthy stints at sea in really close quarters with a crew of equally sex-starved men... shiver my timbers, indeed... :o

Homosexual fantasy seems to be a theme of yours.

Nothing wrong with that mind you, just please keep it in your own closet.

...cause underwhelming force is so darn heroic....

OK - how about a tiny mini nuke that only destroys about a square kilometer? Or maybe a huge can of insect spray blasted from above? - guess not that would be considered chemical weapons.. OK I have it - we capture them all in a kind and gentle catch and release campaign..and we poke ou the unpatched good eye? That would work.

OK - how about a tiny mini nuke that only destroys about a square kilometer? Or maybe a huge can of insect spray blasted from above? - guess not that would be considered chemical weapons.. OK I have it - we capture them all in a kind and gentle catch and release campaign..and we poke ou the unpatched good eye? That would work.

How about no nuke. We have finally found a use for the USS Missouri World War 2 battleship.

How about no nuke. We have finally found a use for the USS Missouri World War 2 battleship.

Yeah, what we'll do is attach a gigantic custom-built header and systematically combine the Indian Ocean... then we'll park the thing on your field and open it up as a tourist attraction: the world's biggest (and only) dual purpose farm/combat vehicle...

I, uh, don't recall writing that... I think Army Guy may have hacked into my account...

Yes, thats what i do in my spare time hack into accounts, especially ones that have so much to offer this board....funny i did'nt get to your name yet....take this topic for instance have you contributed anything of any real value, other than make sly comments or personal attacks....

I think there is one other one, i'm not too sure. those boats have really low hours on them.

They're good on theatrics and drame but the Ticonderoga class cruiser packs a far deadlier more accurate and stealthier punch. And even figuring in the cost of the cruise missiles, probably more economical in the long run.

Yes, thats what i do in my spare time hack into accounts, especially ones that have so much to offer this board....funny i did'nt get to your name yet....take this topic for instance have you contributed anything of any real value, other than make sly comments or personal attacks....

I don't make "personal attacks"--that's M.Dancer's schtick... what I do is simply make whimsical factually-based ad hominem observations...

There's really not much to this topic... piracy has been going on for millenia, and just because a bunch of black Africans really pulled a big one against modern western European society doesn't suddenly make it newsworthy...

Edited by kengs333

I don't make "personal attacks"--that's M.Dancer's schtick... what I do is simply make whimsical factually-based ad hominem observations...

There's really not much to this topic... piracy has been going on for millenia, and just because a bunch of black Africans really pulled a big one against modern western European society doesn't suddenly make it newsworthy...

Ah ha! Now we get to the bottom of kengs disdain for any kind of military action against the pirates. Their skin colour.

Nobody as zealously PC as kengs can abide the notion of White people using violence against Black people. The reverse is not a problem because they're merely disadvantaged people reacting to the oppression of a racist capitalist White society.

Ah ha! Now we get to the bottom of kengs disdain for any kind of military action against the pirates. Their skin colour.

Nobody as zealously PC as kengs can abide the notion of White people using violence against Black people. The reverse is not a problem because they're merely disadvantaged people reacting to the oppression of a racist capitalist White society.

Not quite... I'm simply implying that I don't care much for what goes on in that part of the world, nor am I partial to a media that only makes issue out of something when it has an economic impact on the West...

If we could actually create a society that is energy self-sufficient, we wouldn't have to worry about these kinds or things or engage in needless wars in farflung dustbowls. Simply put, our wasteful lifestyle creates and sustains Third World thugs and terrorists...

They're good on theatrics and drame but the Ticonderoga class cruiser packs a far deadlier more accurate and stealthier punch. And even figuring in the cost of the cruise missiles, probably more economical in the long run.

The Ticonderoga's are almost too high tech for pirate boats, plus they are needed elsewhere with credible naval threats ie china, iran, russia, etc. Let the obsolete battleships go after the pirates, they have low hours, and guns that fire cheap ammo. A cruise missile takes a cool million bucks to fire. Even though the USS Missouri is fitted with them.

Nothing like a ship with 16 inch guns conducting battery drills off the coast of Eyl to garner some attention...

The Ticonderoga's are almost too high tech for pirate boats, plus they are needed elsewhere with credible naval threats ie china, iran, russia, etc. Let the obsolete battleships go after the pirates, they have low hours, and guns that fire cheap ammo. A cruise missile takes a cool million bucks to fire. Even though the USS Missouri is fitted with them.

Nothing like a ship with 16 inch guns conducting battery drills off the coast of Eyl to garner some attention...

Its hard to argue with this but I would have one caveat - that the countries these pirated ships are registered in pay the costs of dealing with the piracy going on in their shipping routes.

I fail to see why I should have to pony up so much as a single penny to this effort because its just not my problem. If the costs of imported goods go up to bad so sad. It'll just inspire more local production of the things we need.