Palin - Biden Debate

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't possibly be serious. You actually wonder if Palin made herself out to be frighteningly lacking in knowledge just so the bar would be lowered so much that she wouldn't come across as a complete dolt during the VP debate? :blink: She lost a lot of support after those interviews, and rightfully so; support that hasn't been regained since the debates. Again, rightfully so. If you think she would purposely make herself out as someone "who doesn't know that much," I really have to wonder where you are coming from. Are you that desperate to excuse her lack of knowledge?

I don't think anyone "underestimated" her after the interviews, and if that had been the case, she would have 'won' the debate, which "obviously, and decisively" she didn't. She came across better in the debates because she didn't have to answer questions she had no answers to. She could stick to a script, which she obviously did. That didn't fool the majority of the viewers, though, since she most definitely did not win the debate-- and Obama's support continues to rise.

During the Republican Convention (when the story broke out about her pregnant daughter), she came out swinging to the media. Remember her "I've got news for you....: line to the press. And then on debate night she also indirectly rebuked the media by saying something like "it's nice to speak directly to the people without the media translating it."

Especially with her sudden popularity, Palin knows the liberal media is out to peg her down no matter what.

Perhaps the best strategy was to discredit the media. Her popularity may have dipped down from those interviews....but those interviews were done before the debate.

One of our local papers here had headlined that she shone in that debate. She must've passed the test.

We'll have to wait and see what happens next.

She could stick to a script, which she obviously did.

Kind of like Obama. When he has his teleprompter on hand, he gives great prepared remarks. However, when free-lancing, it's quite a different story.

<--- Obama's teleprompter goes out. :lol:

Guest American Woman
During the Republican Convention (when the story broke out about her pregnant daughter), she came out swinging to the media. Remember her "I've got news for you....: line to the press. And then on debate night she also indirectly rebuked the media by saying something like "it's nice to speak directly to the people without the media translating it."

What does that have to do with purposely coming across as so lacking in knowledge? Seems to me it would show that she wouldn't do that.

Especially with her sudden popularity, Palin knows the liberal media is out to peg her down no matter what.

Perhaps the best strategy was to discredit the media. Her popularity may have dipped down from those interviews....but those interviews were done before the debate.

The "liberal media" didn't "peg her no matter what," they reacted according to her interviews. Surely you're aware that there were Republicans who had the same reaction. And rightfully so. Her inability to answer a question was frightening. Her lack of knowledge is frightening. Her refusal to answer the questions put to her in the debate, is already a joke.

One of our local papers here had headlined that she shone in that debate. She must've passed the test.

We'll have to wait and see what happens next.

Well, if one local paper somewhere in Canada said that she shone in the debate, I guess she must have passed the test. ;)

Fact is, Biden "obviously, and decisively" won the debate. As for waiting and seeing what happens after that, the polls seem to be telling the story. A VP debate that Biden won isn't going to undo Palin's unbelievably poor performance in her interviews. I imagine that's why she's coming out with the lies about Obama; she's desperate ... and lacking in morals/ethics. Thankfully the media isn't sitting idly by and letting her get away with it.

Edited by American Woman

....Fact is, Biden "obviously, and decisively" won the debate. As for waiting and seeing what happens after that, the polls seem to be telling the story. A VP debate that Biden won isn't going to undo Palin's unbelievably poor performance in her interviews. I imagine that's why she's coming out with the lies about Obama; she's desperate ... and lacking in morals/ethics. Thankfully the media isn't sitting idly by and letting her get away with it.

Too late...should have "killed her" while your ilk had the chance. Now Gov. Palin gets to play the entire game through to the finish, and that means doing her job as traditional Veep attack dog. That means Senator Obama is going to "Goddamn America" all over again.

Guest American Woman
Too late...should have "killed her" while your ilk had the chance. Now Gov. Palin gets to play the entire game through to the finish, and that means doing her job as traditional Veep attack dog. That means Senator Obama is going to "Goddamn America" all over again.

And America is going to vote for Obama, in spite of the obviously desperate smear attempts by "your ilk."

I'm enjoying watching the McCain camp get desperate too, but there's a lot more that sticks directly to Palin (i.e., troopergate, Republican attempts to intimidate witnesses and subvert troopergate due process, Palin's tax evasion, Palin's ties to AIP, as well as having that baby without ever being pregnant). Things she has done have more resonance than the things that people related to people Obama has met said when Obama was five years old.

The only question now is how deep Obama's support will filter into Republican safe states like Missouri, North Carolina, and Indiana.

And America is going to vote for Obama, in spite of the obviously desperate smear attempts by "your ilk."

I kind of like the name Senator Al Franken of Minnesota. What do you think of that? One of the most recent polls has him ahead Norm Coleman. Seems the negative ads there are working.

I guess it depends on what recent polls you look at.

SurveyUSA

True. But no polls were showing Franken in the lead till this week. If you think Coleman has it in the bag, then I guess that it is your right. Seems to me that we are seeing a bit of movement though so you might have to get used to rolling the words Senator Al Franken around verbally to get used to it.

Edited by jdobbin

The Liberal Media sure did a great job of making her look like a complete fool during that Katie Couric interview, you're right. I mean, come on, those were really difficult questions right to be asking a VP... what kinds of books do you read!?! What the....? That's so typical of the of the leftwing media to pull off stunts like that.

(sarcasm ends here)

Palin blaming the media for her own ineptitude reminds me of the joke about "do these jeans make my ass look big?".... "no hun, it's your ass that makes your ass look big."

Greetings. Sad thing that people are so polarized, many will not see her faults no matter how obvious or how often they are pointed out. And this is true for both "Left" and "Right" camps. So you can never persuade them through any argument. That leaves a small group of swing voters to decide. Let us use our intelligence and make choices based on real issues, not info-tainment. Perhaps it is more a question of ideology, and these are front men and front women who are simply the mouthpieces for their party.

That's fine by me.....lots of smearing going on from what I can see. Didn't work on Bush...let's see if it works on Obama.

Cause it is better to slander someone else's record than to stand on your own record. If they would stand on their record (all parties) we would hear positive things each camp has done. but this is not the case. Cheap tactics, it's like a circus. All fluff and no substance. I have not heard one positive thing out of each parties mouth since this all started.

It's all screw you and your ilk till the election comes around, then there is no time to be partisan.

Slander slander slander ... no substance at all.

Cause it is better to slander someone else's record than to stand on your own record. If they would stand on their record (all parties) we would hear positive things each camp has done. but this is not the case. Cheap tactics, it's like a circus. All fluff and no substance. I have not heard one positive thing out of each parties mouth since this all started.

Wel, you can't monitor every minute now, can you? There have been a few positives, but that's not how to win an election. The campaigns go negative by design, because defining each other in a negative light is nearly impossible to avoid, particularly when "fighting back". It took a while, but we are finally hearing about the "Keating Five" from Obama.

It's all screw you and your ilk till the election comes around, then there is no time to be partisan.

Not sure I follow you here...it is all about being partisan.

Slander slander slander ... no substance at all.

Substance is boring.....and not particularly effective. "Ma, Ma, Where's my Pa?" comes from the 1884 election...this nasty business is nothing new for America....we love it!

\Substance is boring.....and not particularly effective. "Ma, Ma, Where's my Pa?" comes from the 1884 election...this nasty business is nothing new for America....we love it!

And I will tell you that you are not boring BC. Which brings us to the conclusion that you have no substance. Somthing I have suspected from the start, but now we have clear evidence that you don't think much with that brain of yours. And this is something you have just admitted to. Substance and integrity mean nothing for you, which is why Palin and McCain suit you just fine.

I admit that Obama and Biden don't have much more to offer,.. but at least it is more.

CBS Poll: Presidential Race Tightens

(CBS) In a sign that the race for president has returned to about where it was before the first presidential debate, the Obama-Biden ticket leads the McCain-Palin ticket 47 percent to 43 percent among registered voters in a new CBS News poll.

The Obama-Biden ticket led by a wider margin, nine percentage points, in a CBS News poll released last Wednesday, before Joe Biden and Sarah Palin faced off in the vice presidential debate. Obama-Biden led by five percentage points on Sept. 25.

In the new poll, the Democratic ticket leads by 3 percentage points, 48 percent to 45 percent, among likely voters.

Both Biden and Palin appear to have benefited from their performance in the vice presidential debate. Both now have 40 percent approval ratings - an increase of six points for Biden and eight points for Palin from their pre-debate approval ratings.

CBS

Looks like the VP debate may have helped McCain/Palin at least a little.

I have to give Palin credit for dodging potential disaster in this debate. No major screwups. How the heck did she go from those horrendous Katie Couric interviews to her debate performance within a week? She must have spent many late nights the week before the debate being prepped.

I like her technique when she didn't understand or want to answer a question, she just ignored it and talked about something else. Good trick. Doesn't change the fact that she is frighteningly uninformed. She is George W. Bush in high-heels.

...I like her technique when she didn't understand or want to answer a question, she just ignored it and talked about something else. Good trick. Doesn't change the fact that she is frighteningly uninformed. She is George W. Bush in high-heels.

Standard debate tactics...she is not required to answer the question...you know...like Stephane Dion. LOL! :lol:

Standard debate tactics...she is not required to answer the question...you know...like Stephane Dion. LOL! :lol:

Bush in high heels? I don't see that. Palin as a surrogate - and all presidents are surrogates to some degree. If she is ruled by a good committee - then she would be excellent as a representive - I could see her getting drunk with Putin and maybe even that Korean fellow...or maybe she could go to Iran and shmooze Bush's eastern clone.