Green leader Elizabeth May only became Canadian citizen at age 24

No, all of them. Asian history is wrought with tyrannies and abuse. The fact is, the Asian hierarchy does not value their people. They see their people as something to exploit. Of course, the US Corporation has exploited this area to the extreme by setting up manufacturing operations in these countries and taking advantage of cheap labour costs. Once upon a time the US Corporation manufactured their own goods in the US and Canada but somewhere along the line they decided it was to costly to employ American and Canadian workers so they shipped their manufacuring operations to China, Malaysia, India, and countless other countries to only import these same products back into the United States and Canada for resale. The US corporation has done so well exploiting these countries labour costs they have now found a way to import these asian workers to the United States and Canada to further exploit low labour costs.

I am not sure what bubble you live in, been to Walmart lately? Any store for that matter? Look at where the stuff is manufactured and made. With what is going on in the United States and their credit crisis and government bailouts it's not a mystery to see the United States brought this upon themselves. Canada is fortunate it has resource revenues to prop it up else it would be dragged down by the United States.

What I have stated is quite accurate.

You mean... you are partly accurate. Which is an improvement.

Edited by CANADIEN

And in your world European history is wrought with chocolate candy and cute fluffy bunnies is that it?

Europe has its roots steming from the Collapse of the Roman Empire. The rise of Europe and European history is the emulation of God and the Bible. Out of this, a democratic United States was Established/born. A democratic United States came at a cost, old Europe Collapsed and Napolean waged war and wreaked havoc on Europe for 30 years. Europe Struggled for 200 years until year 2000 when the democratic European Union was Established. Canada's history is tied to both Europe and the United States. What's your point buddy?

Europe has its roots steming from the Collapse of the Roman Empire. The rise of Europe and European history is the emulation of God and the Bible. Out of this, a democratic United States was Established/born. A democratic United States came at a cost, old Europe Collapsed and Napolean waged war and wreaked havoc on Europe for 30 years. Europe Struggled for 200 years until year 2000 when the democratic European Union was Established. Canada's history is tied to both Europe and the United States. What's your point buddy?

Well buddy my point's that you're full of hot air. You don't like Asian immigrants because their "history is wrought with tyrannies and abuse" but Europe's history can also be called that. Even in your post the only European you call by name is considered a tyrant by some. So buddy old pal 1 of your reasons for not wanting Asian immigrants should also be taken into consideration for European immigrants. But don't worry it looks like people here gave up on the hope that reality would enter into your reasoning a long time ago.

Your spin on history is also quite interesting but not worth debating.

Well buddy my point's that you're full of hot air. You don't like Asian immigrants because their "history is wrought with tyrannies and abuse" but Europe's history can also be called that. Even in your post the only European you call by name is considered a tyrant by some. So buddy old pal 1 of your reasons for not wanting Asian immigrants should also be taken into consideration for European immigrants. But don't worry it looks like people here gave up on the hope that reality would enter into your reasoning a long time ago.

Your spin on history is also quite interesting but not worth debating.

hmm, someone with few posts posturing themselves as mapleleafweb alumni. I suggest you write to the admin to change your forum status from noob to expert being that you have a read on every member of this Forum with so little posts. Truely Amazing.

Anyhow, I didn't say I didn't like Asian Immigrants. What I am saying is they are use to living in cramped substandard conditions. They have a history of exploiting each other and being repressed. I can understand if you are an asian atheist and a bit disgruntled. Canada is not the Americans, we did not drop the bomb on Horishima, ok!! Go cry on an American Forum. My point with Asian Immigrants is they strive for a lower standard of living and will accept less because of it. In they doing this drives down wages and quality of life in General for Canada. So if you are asian, ask for a raise, get your worth, got it donkey? For as long as the Corporate pigs know they have a pool of people to exploit they will keep at it and keep paying very little.

...Canada is not the Americans, we did not drop the bomb on Horishima, ok!! Go cry on an American Forum....

Too bad, Canada only had enough pop to firebomb German civilains and intern Asians and Ukrainians, but it did help to develop atomic weapons and provided uranium for the duration of the Cold War...still does. Now that's "Peace"! :lol:

hmm, someone with few posts posturing themselves as mapleleafweb alumni. I suggest you write to the admin to change your forum status from noob to expert being that you have a read on every member of this Forum with so little posts. Truely Amazing.

I suggest you get some facts before continuing to write nonsense about history and immigration. You don't need to have 1000 posts to see what a number of people on this topic think about some of your posts.

Anyhow, I didn't say I didn't like Asian Immigrants. What I am saying is they are use to living in cramped substandard conditions. They have a history of exploiting each other and being repressed. I can understand if you are an asian atheist and a bit disgruntled. Canada is not the Americans, we did not drop the bomb on Horishima, ok!! Go cry on an American Forum. My point with Asian Immigrants is they strive for a lower standard of living and will accept less because of it. In they doing this drives down wages and quality of life in General for Canada. So if you are asian, ask for a raise, get your worth, got it donkey? For as long as the Corporate pigs know they have a pool of people to exploit they will keep at it and keep paying very little.

Still nothing here worthwhile. You're writing nonsense about asian atheists Hiroshima and complaining to Americans.

Get some facts and then try to come up with rational arguments got it donkey?

My point with Asian Immigrants is they strive for a lower standard of living and will accept less because of it.

MOM: Now Hyung Lee, we will be moving to Canada in a week.

HL: Wha...why ? We may be poor here but we have a house and food.

MOM: Ahh...but we can strive for less in Canada. We can make less money and live in a tent.

HL: Oh I see. Mom, stop paying money to your seer "whowhere", he doesnt know shit from shinola

That's not very royal.....unless you include a Double Whopper meal deal.

I dunno... Hollywood kids following in their parents' glittering footsteps, given their status because of who mommy and/or daddy are; the plebeians gushing over the red-carpet processions of bejeweled and entitled countesses of high fashion and gift bags; the fawning over the pregnancy of one of these regal ladies and the demand to see the pictures of the little princes and princesses. It all seems like a pretty shallow attempt to be royal, and the American public eat it up.

Edited by g_bambino

• 3 years later...

I'm sure this isn't news to some of you, but...

I was startled to read in the newspaper today that Green Party leader Elizabeth May was born in 1954 in Connecticut, NY and that she first moved to Canada & settled in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia in 1972.

There is no so location as "Connecticut, NY".

She should be eligible because anyone regardless of whether they are Canadian or not are eligible to be Prime Minister of Canada, as the role of prime minister of Canada is to be prime adviser to the Queen on issues of politics in Canada, that need not be done by a Canadian.

Likewise she is eligible to be an MP because she is Canadian as well as American.

A truer question is, should Canada allow dual citizenship?

Harper is more American than May though in mind and ideology.

This however does not mean she is best suited to be PM, nor does Harper being the leader of the majority party in Parliament make him the best person for the job of Prime Minister.

This Canadian Blood thing is nonsense, Canadian Citizenship didn't even exist until after WWII. Canada was better off as British Provinces. Canada should reenter union with Britain to repel American influence.

With a UK CANADA (United Kingdom of England Wales, Scotland and Canada) the UK would have a population of about 1/3rd of the US and more territory. Canadians would have preferential travel in the EU as EU citizens, and numerous other advantages.

Edited by Sa'adoni

Harper is more American than May though in mind and ideology.

How can you say that, given Harper's in depth knowledge of hockey and its history? He's a published author about it, for Pete's Sake!

How's YOUR knowledge of hockey?

There is nothing more Canadian than hockey!

When people talk about immigration, I always talk about me and my father.

See, I was born here. I'm Canadian by default. I've never actually had the real chance to choose to live elsewhere. I've defaulted to Canada.

My father on the other hand was born in Italy. He choose to come here. He picked this country. Of the 200 countries in the world, THIS is the one he wanted to live in, THIS is the one he wanted to be a part of. He is the most patriotic Canadian I know.

Rather than ban immigrants from being leader, we should consider a ban on the opposite.

How can you say that, given Harper's in depth knowledge of hockey and its history? He's a published author about it, for Pete's Sake!

How's YOUR knowledge of hockey?

There is nothing more Canadian than hockey!

I said PM not Commissioner of the National Hockey League. (note the NHL is the NHL not the CHL guess who's nation...

Canada has far more pressing issues than who has the puck.

It'd be something if those 7 million people who watched the allstar game actually played a game of hockey instead of sitting on their duff and vegetating.

If people knew the names of people in their neighbour hood as well as players on TV sets and how to grow their own food instead of how ice is made in a hockey rink Canadians would be better suited for surviving.

Sure while hockey is unity, it is controlled by Americans, and we shouldn't submit to an American Hockey League for the unofficial national sport, it should be Canadian controlled not American controlled.

Edited by Sa'adoni

...This Canadian Blood thing is nonsense, Canadian Citizenship didn't even exist until after WWII. Canada was better off as British Provinces. Canada should reenter union with Britain to repel American influence.

Too late for that....even this Canadian web site is hosted in America! :)

Besides, the UK is America's closest ally, not Canada. So relax and just enjoy that ever present American culture....by choice.

Too late for that....even this Canadian web site is hosted in America! :)

Besides, the UK is America's closest ally, not Canada. So relax and just enjoy that ever present American culture....by choice.

America gave us Loni Anderson to watch on WKRP, something for which this Canadian is eternally grateful!

Besides, the UK is America's closest ally, not Canada

Really? how is one supposed to know? The U.S hasn't taken U.Ks side in the Falkland Islands dispute, in fact, Britain asked for the U.S support on it already and Obama told them he wasn't going to get involved and that they should both diplomatically sort it out

..there is nothing to sort out here the Falklands belong to U.K, U.S and U.K relationship is no longer "special"

and U.K & Canada are becoming closer again

Really? how is one supposed to know? The U.S hasn't taken U.Ks side in the Falkland Islands dispute, in fact, Britain asked for the U.S support on it already and Obama told them he wasn't going to get involved and that they should both diplomatically sort it out

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. The United States contributed directly and substantially to the UK's Falkland War effort in 1982 all while publicly denying such help.

..there is nothing to sort out here the Falklands belong to U.K, U.S and U.K relationship is no longer "special"

and U.K & Canada are becoming closer again

You mean that Canada and the UK were not close before? What happened?

Is it spelled I - R - A - Q ???

Does it gall you that the traitorous Americans are now closer allies with the UK than any other Commonwealth nation, including Canada?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. The United States contributed directly and substantially to the UK's Falkland War effort in 1982 all while publicly denying such help.

1982 was 1982 I am talking about NOW

You mean that Canada and the UK were not close before? What happened?

Is it spelled I - R - A - Q ???

Hey, Canada helped out with Iraq more than 90 % of the countries in "Coalition of the Willing"

Does it gall you that the traitorous Americans are now closer allies with the UK than any other Commonwealth nation, including Canada?

You really aren't as close as you were in the early 2000's

The Commonwealth is getting closer .. right now Australia, NZ, Canada, U.K are teaming up to promote gays rights in the commonwealth

Edited by olpfan1