U.S. Had It Coming

Nope, I'm not going to talk about that. I want to talk about Americans getting taken out in Iraq and if they have it coming. After that maybe we'll talk about your subject.

If they had what coming? Why are you afraid to use the language of war? American armed forces will be killed and maimed in action, die from suicide bombings, suffer non combat related fatalities, and even commit suicide themselves. They are trained to engage and kill the enemy, indeed, traveling long distances across oceans to do this. The "enemy" will also suffer death and disfigurement....are they also subject to your quirky theory, as in they "Had It Coming" too?

"Had it coming" really means "Going to Get It".

Semper Fi.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they had what coming? Why are you afraid to use the language of war? American armed forces will be killed and maimed in action, die from suicide bombings, suffer non combat related fatalities, and even commit suicide themselves. They are trained to engage and kill the enemy, indeed, traveling long distances across oceans to do this. The "enemy" will also suffer death and disfigurement....are they also subject to your quirky theory, as in they "Had It Coming" too?

"Had it coming" really means "Going to Get It".

Semper Fi.

No, that's incorrect. Had it coming doesn't mean going to get it. Have you been drinkking tonight?

In any case, your mention of Americans committing suicide interests me a little if you're talking about coming home and not being able to live with their conscience after commiting murder in Iraq. You may talk about that if you like with me now and I may answer if you make any valid points.

No it doesn't and this thread is about the US had it coming so stay on topic. Start another thread if you want but don't mess with this one.

Nope....it doesn't work that way, because many Americans are also Canadians. Thousands are granted US citizenship each year, and one of the first KIAs in Iraq was a Canadian serving with US forces. They even served in 'Nam.

You're going to have to get a lot more clever to avoid these messy details for a revenge theory that only applies to Americans.

Nope....it doesn't work that way, because many Americans are also Canadians. Thousands are granted US citizenship each year, and one of the first KIAs in Iraq was a Canadian serving with US forces. They even served in 'Nam.

You're going to have to get a lot more clever to avoid these messy details for a revenge theory that only applies to Americans.

Now Canadians who go to the US are an entirely different thing. They are mercenaries or soldiers of fortune and are pure dirt. They definitely have it coming in spades.

No, that's incorrect. Had it coming doesn't mean going to get it. Have you been drinkking tonight?

No, but I do think you are the Drink King.

In any case, your mention of Americans committing suicide interests me a little if you're talking about coming home and not being able to live with their conscience after commiting murder in Iraq. You may talk about that if you like with me now and I may answer if you make any valid points.

Suicide kills more Americans than homicide...Canadians too. Most have never been to Iraq. Still, murder is not unknown in the USA.

Now Canadians who go to the US are an entirely different thing. They are mercenaries or soldiers of fortune and are pure dirt. They definitely have it coming in spades.

Have what coming in spades? Are you a child...afraid to use "grown-up" words?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Nope, I'm not going to talk about that. I want to talk about Americans getting taken out in Iraq and if they have it coming. After that maybe we'll talk about your subject.
Well I'm not going to talk about American's in Iraq. I want to talk about the question I just asked you. When you answer it, then maybe I'll talk about your subject. If I decide that it's important enough.

Well I'm not going to talk about American's in Iraq. I want to talk about the question I just asked you. When you answer it, then maybe I'll talk about your subject. If I decide that it's important enough.

Good! Promise to not talk about Americans in Iraq? I don't need you shady and you won't do your homework assignments I give you anyway. I sincerely hope you aren't lying about not talking to me about US soldiers in Iraq. I hope you're not a liar too!

No it doesn't and this thread is about the US had it coming so stay on topic. Start another thread if you want but don't mess with this one.

You should read the first post in the thread. It does mention Canada. And Canada having it coming.

This, of course, goes for Canada too. We are by all means complicit and even active participants in what is ultimately western foreign policy. We have it coming too.

Newton's Third Law of Motion: For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

I agree with a bit of what bubber is trying to say. The West has been invading, colonizing, occupying foreign lands for how long now? Hell, all 3 North American countries were founded because of this. It is extremely naive to think that the West can go about involving themselves violently inside foreign countries, whether it be covertly or through full military campaign, and never expect somebody somewhere to take exception to this.

If any foreign country invaded Canada uninvited and got militarily involved with our political affairs, or staged a coup, or were operating covert actions etc. you bet it would piss me off. And if the violence caused by this foreign country led to the deaths of some of my family, you bet i would be 10x pissed off. And it wouldn't take much stretch of the imagination for me to think that maybe i would even want to take action against whomever killed the people i loved or yanked with my country (possibly against my better judgement).

The West has dropped a lot of bombs on a lot of people, and mucked with other countries political affairs for their own selfish gain. Canada is certainly no exception to this. The West has failed miserably in calculating what affect our actions of the now will have on the future, and we are seeing some of the affects today. Pushing our might within countries much different from our own without fully examining the historical context of these countries, the region, their culture etc. is a path to disaster. Failing to learn from past history is the same. Have we learned anything from the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in the 1980's and what has resulted in that country up until 9/11, much of it influenced by Western involvement?

All western countries are individually accountable for what they do. America is the big boy, so its involved in most of the foreign involvement in the world & therefore also receives the most criticism. Spider-Man's uncle once said "With great power, comes great responsibility", and its true, therefore the actions of the US is not beyond extensive examination & criticism. Canada has its own accountability/criticisms, like how the Canadian military in Afghanistan turned over detainees to the Afghans, knowing they would likely be tortured. Canada is a terror target, as proven by the terror camp/plot broken up near Toronto a couple of years ago (reportably because of Canada's involvement in Afghanistan).

In the documentary "The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara", the former U.S. Secretary of Defense's Lesson #1 was "Empathize with your enemy". That doesn't mean feel sorry for them, it means try to understand things from their perspective. I think bubber's point is that if you mess around with people, eventually its going to come back to you. And its a valid point.

Does that mean those who lost their lives on 9/11 deserved it? As individuals, of course not. But looking at it unbiasedly & going tit-for-tat regarding innocent civilians killed, 9/11 was a speck of sand next to a mountain.

A little off topic but where do people like UShaditcoming and others of his / her ilk reside ? Where do these people work and what circles do they travel in ? The reason i ask this is i dont hear this rhetoric expressed in the community where i live or by the people i do business with . Are these the people that hand out pamphlets on street corners in downtown Toronto with pictures of Geroge Busch with a Hitler moustache while wearing military fatigues ? It seems my only real exposure to these people is on message boards where the have the cover of anonymity .

Just wondering

A little off topic but where do people like UShaditcoming and others of his / her ilk reside ? Where do these people work and what circles do they travel in ? The reason i ask this is i dont hear this rhetoric expressed in the community where i live or by the people i do business with . Are these the people that hand out pamphlets on street corners in downtown Toronto with pictures of Geroge Busch with a Hitler moustache while wearing military fatigues ? It seems my only real exposure to these people is on message boards where the have the cover of anonymity .

Just wondering

There are lots of people in Canada who believe exactly what I say and there are many books expressing the same view and most of those books are by American authors.

Yes, it is off topic and if you want to know more about me then ask questions in the appropriate place.

Whats at 999 Queen St.?

Queen St Mental Health Centre....the hardest of the hard core mental health cases. A really scary place when I was growing up. To pass by on a sunny saturday you could feel the chill coming off that place.

It used to make the Don Jail look good.

I am pretty sure it is closed down now.

Queen St Mental Health Centre....the hardest of the hard core mental health cases. A really scary place when I was growing up. To pass by on a sunny saturday you could feel the chill coming off that place.

It used to make the Don Jail look good.

I am pretty sure it is closed down now.

We used to film at the old Lake Shore Mental Hospital that had been closed down for years and it was nothing but a torment faclity - there were rooms with huge bath tubs that they would fill with ice and then they would bind the mental patient and submerge them trying to "freeze the devil out" - The Queen Street facility was and is still quite scarey - still it was better then having the liberal idea of suicidal freedom..and human rights - so now you see what should have been wards of the state - cuixifying themselves in the dead of winter and dying on heating grates..it was better - to confine those who break down and disintigrate..but - the idea of personal freedom and human rights has led to the mentally ill adding themselves to the so-called homeless...they eventually disappear and lists of the dead appear on pititul memorials at the church behind the Eaton Center at Toronto...maybe some corporate monetary expert decided it was better and cheaper to release crazy people to a slow death on the street from dehydration - starvation - disease and hellish panic.

I think one would be terribly naive to think that a superpower can act aggressively toward lesser nations, consider itself the world's police force, and yet remain untouched by terrorist reprisal.
The 911 terrorists were hardly disadvantaged by anything the US did.
This, of course, goes for Canada too. We are by all means complicit and even active participants in what is ultimately western foreign policy. We have it coming too.
No civilized nation is immune to savagery. We all have to resist the barbarians.
So, sure, we have it coming, but so what? It's worth it.
Good conclusion.

But thank you for conceding that the attacks were revenge attacks because they obviously were.
I disagree.

These two articles show situations far more justifying "revenge" but the world's chattering classes don't care. The first concerns China's continuing occupation of Tibet (link, excerpts below"), and the second the infamous Janjaweed of Sudan (link, excerpts below") should draw some notice on the part of the many well-intentioned supporters of the "Palestinians". After all, these are also indigenous "peoples" being stripped of lives, self-determination or worse.

EXCESSIVE QUOTING and CROSS-POSTING DELETED by moderator

Edited by Charles Anthony
deleted excessive quoting and cross-posted articles

The problem with countries that feel they are the super-power and nothing can touch them and when you get a leader of a country like GW Bush, well we know what can happen. Bush made plans of going into Iraq back in 1999. He wanted revenge on Hussein for the death threats to Bush Sr and the plans of military center for the US in the Middle-East. The US can't be trusted because the past has shown us they the US is your friend one day and invading you the next. Back in the 1960's the US had alot of respect but as time went on and new people lead the country that respect is gone and tarnished. As always what the politics of the country are, the people are the ones that suffer. Do you think Bush would have been elected if the people really knew what he and Cheney were up to? I can't imagine what this man is going to have in his presidental library! I feel for the military families who have lost loved over this war and to the people of Iraq who now have a worse life than they did with Hussein. As one Iraqi said three years ago, at least with Hussein, we had a job, water, hydro, and food. We don't even have a home now and the US bombings killing thousand of Iraqis, the people they were suppose to be helping.