The waterboarding poll

Waterboarding is...  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Give those social democrats a good old fashioned waterboarding as well. They deserve it for supporting the terrorists. Maybe then they will figure out which side they are on.

Anti-torture + pro-geneva conventions = supporting the terrorists? No, anti-torture & pro-geneva conventions = supporting international law & basic human rights.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anti-torture + pro-geneva conventions = supporting the terrorists? No, anti-torture & pro-geneva conventions = supporting international law & basic human rights.

Umm..OK. Where were you guys when NATO bombed Serbia? Or when Canada and the US dethroned Aristide? How about Rwanda? Where were you guys? Show me the money!

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Actually I am a legend on the political forums and a legend in my own time. I usually end up owning a forum before too long. I already own you! Do you like my new signature American? The colour is to signify blood spilled by American bombs in many countries throughout the world.

Pardon me for dragging up this comment from earlier in the thread, but since this poster seems to hate Americans so much, it puzzles me why he acts like the stereotypical loud brash knowitall braggart American he loves to hate. Setting aside the trolling and 16 year old attitude, there is very little left to chew on in his comments. Only a boastful juvenile who thinks he's the smartest one in the room while everyone else in the room is smiling up their sleeves and avoiding eye contact.

And after a short while the shtick starts to get rather boring.

And we have already established that you want the US and Canada attacked by terrorists to prove your "revenge" theories.

Anybody who would want his/her own nation attacked needs an intervention.

No, that's not true and now you are resorting to making up lies about me because you have been defeated with logical arguments.

Look, let's look at this logically and just suppose that the 9/11 attacks were revenge attacks. What would you say then? Nations (the US) which attack others and kill them in their own countries will become the object of revenge.

And remember, Osama was a renegade Saudi who rebelled against the evil going on in his own country and the US support of Saudi's corrupt monarchy which keeps the people down. You really don't think the US had it coming? I think it was obvious that it would happen sooner or later.

Pardon me for dragging up this comment from earlier in the thread, but since this poster seems to hate Americans so much, it puzzles me why he acts like the stereotypical loud brash knowitall braggart American he loves to hate. Setting aside the trolling and 16 year old attitude, there is very little left to chew on in his comments. Only a boastful juvenile who thinks he's the smartest one in the room while everyone else in the room is smiling up their sleeves and avoiding eye contact.

And after a short while the shtick starts to get rather boring.

And you just fail to address the issue head on and then attack others with an opinion. Talk about a 16 year old's attitude.

It should matter, to everyone. Just because you were not asked does not mean you don't have a say, we all have the power of freedom of speach, and all that goes along with that, along with the power of the vote...don't kid yourselfs we all have a say...

It is torture pure and simply again'st the genva convention, something all nations should strive to live by as closly as they should...especially the US as they are in the leadership role...

My personal opinion although counts little, if the US wants to waterboard a few scumbags in thier backyard all the power to them as long as i don't have to take part i'm good with that...I've seen what the scumbags are capable of doing and waterboarding is a very minor practice.

What concerns me is after doing research on this, the CIA take on this .... is the practice limited to a few top ranked POW's and requires permission from the top echeolon a lengthy process....if this was the case then they've either got a major leak of classified info in thier ranks...or it is happening more often than is reported.... and that is a problem as soon ...it will become routine, and expected....and with the US in a leadership role.... it will eventually bleed down to the other western countries as an exceptable practice.....

It should matter, to everyone. Just because you were not asked does not mean you don't have a say, we all have the power of freedom of speach, and all that goes along with that, along with the power of the vote...don't kid yourselfs we all have a say...

It is torture pure and simply again'st the genva convention, something all nations should strive to live by as closly as they should...especially the US as they are in the leadership role...

My personal opinion although counts little, if the US wants to waterboard a few scumbags in thier backyard all the power to them as long as i don't have to take part i'm good with that...I've seen what the scumbags are capable of doing and waterboarding is a very minor practice.

What concerns me is after doing research on this, the CIA take on this .... is the practice limited to a few top ranked POW's and requires permission from the top echeolon a lengthy process....if this was the case then they've either got a major leak of classified info in thier ranks...or it is happening more often than is reported.... and that is a problem as soon ...it will become routine, and expected....and with the US in a leadership role.... it will eventually bleed down to the other western countries as an exceptable practice.....

Now here's a novel approach. Waterboarding is bad and he's against it but only if he knows about it and in his valued and uneducated opinion the recipients are scumbags!

A Canadian who listens to General 'scumbags' Hillier too much?

Now here's a novel approach. Waterboarding is bad and he's against it but only if he knows about it and in his valued and uneducated opinion the recipients are scumbags!

Actually i thought i made it very clear, that we as a nation should be conducting ourselfs within the geneva conventions, and other accords as close as we can...my personal opinon was i frankly don't care about what happens to prisoners after we hand them over...

As for uneducated opinion that the recipients are scumbags....i think 2 tours in afgan qualifies me to atleast an educated comment.... but then again i missed your qualifications and what makes you a subject matter expert...

A Canadian who listens to General 'scumbags' Hillier too much?

Living the dream baby.....your not the "type" that can't handle those nasty words like "scumbag" are you.

Edited by Army Guy

No, that's not true and now you are resorting to making up lies about me because you have been defeated with logical arguments.

Look, let's look at this logically and just suppose that the 9/11 attacks were revenge attacks. What would you say then? Nations (the US) which attack others and kill them in their own countries will become the object of revenge.

And remember, Osama was a renegade Saudi who rebelled against the evil going on in his own country and the US support of Saudi's corrupt monarchy which keeps the people down. You really don't think the US had it coming? I think it was obvious that it would happen sooner or later.

Strange that you appear to be excusing revenge. These are extra-legal groups that have no right to attack other nations and even if they were what happed to the oft-heard liberal cry of 'What about diplomacy?'

Strange that you appear to be excusing revenge. These are extra-legal groups that have no right to attack other nations and even if they were what happed to the oft-heard liberal cry of 'What about diplomacy?'

Strange logic you are relying on! Isn't it you who is excusing US aggression? Isn't it you who is expecting the trod upon people of the ME to just keep turning the other cheek?

You are right that they are 'extra-legal' groups who don't play by the rules of warfare though. And the rules are expressly formulated to prevent that sort of warfare. But neither did French freedom fighters play by the rules during WW2 and few would condemn them for that. Neither would Canadians play by the rules if our country was occupied by a foreign army. We would fight on our own territory and even take the fight to the enemy's own territory even though we would be shot dead if caught doing so.

All this is quite elementary and all that is left is to determine in our own minds whether or not the US was guilty of acts of aggression against the terrorists (freedom fighters) who struck back. I believe that it's obvious that the 9.11 attacks were revenge attacks and it's really stretching credibility to try to say otherwise even though there has been a huge propaganda effort by the US to do just that. The world simply doesn't buy it.

Are you able to address that now without flying off on a personal attack tantrum against people who are convinced the way I am?

WOW...now who is calling the kettle black.

Why don't you try to make an educated contribution to this forum now mr. army guy? The reputation of your persuasion and your buddies is depending on it. Do you want everyone to think army guys are a bunch of fools who contradict themsleves as you did on the waterboarding issue? You're against it but you're also for it? You're against it if the recipient is a scumbag in your professional military opinion? Is it your informed opinion which is backed by the training your professoin has given you? Are you more qualified to state your opinion on waterboarding or less qualified? Does your opinion represent the opinion of the military or would the military run from your opinion?

Why don't you try to make an educated contribution to this forum now mr. army guy? The reputation of your persuasion and your buddies is depending on it. Do you want everyone to think army guys are a bunch of fools who contradict themsleves (sic)as you did on the waterboarding issue? You're against it but you're also for it? You're against it if the recipient is a scumbag in your professional military opinion? Is it your informed opinion which is backed by the training your professoin(sic) has given you? Are you more qualified to state your opinion on waterboarding or less qualified? Does your opinion represent the opinion of the military or would the military run from your opinion?

*chortle*

Why don't you try to make an educated contribution to this forum now mr. army guy? The reputation of your persuasion and your buddies is depending on it.

I don't know if i'm up to the challange, i mean your what 10 feet tall, and have an IQ of well over 200, i mean you can spell big words like macaroni, and your quick with the come backs who can compete....i mean you did say you tried the military, and i can see why you quit your way to smart...guys like you should be running the country....

Do you want everyone to think army guys are a bunch of fools who contradict themsleves as you did on the waterboarding issue?

Yes i did quote the party line, and said that water boarding is torture and as a nation, we should not be involved in such activity. I also said that i did not care what happened to those prisoners after we hand them over....but then again i'm a little baised, after seeing what those scumbags do to thier own people, cutting off a childs hands for going to school, stripping all of a mans skin off and leaving him to die in the sun, kind of does that....so as a soldier, i do follow the party line, and enforce those rules, ensuring that all the soldiers under my command do so as well....but do i lose any sleep at night wondering what happens to those we handed over...no i don't...

Are you more qualified to state your opinion on waterboarding or less qualified?

Yes i believe i'm qualified , but you've yet to state your qualifications, what makes your opinion right, and others wrong.

oes your opinion represent the opinion of the military or would the military run from your opinion?

My opinion is just that mine and mine alone, at no time did i say i was speaking for the entire military....

I don't know if i'm up to the challange, i mean your what 10 feet tall, and have an IQ of well over 200, i mean you can spell big words like macaroni, and your quick with the come backs who can compete....i mean you did say you tried the military, and i can see why you quit your way to smart...guys like you should be running the country....

Yes i did quote the party line, and said that water boarding is torture and as a nation, we should not be involved in such activity. I also said that i did not care what happened to those prisoners after we hand them over....but then again i'm a little baised, after seeing what those scumbags do to thier own people, cutting off a childs hands for going to school, stripping all of a mans skin off and leaving him to die in the sun, kind of does that....so as a soldier, i do follow the party line, and enforce those rules, ensuring that all the soldiers under my command do so as well....but do i lose any sleep at night wondering what happens to those we handed over...no i don't...

Yes i believe i'm qualified , but you've yet to state your qualifications, what makes your opinion right, and others wrong.

My opinion is just that mine and mine alone, at no time did i say i was speaking for the entire military....

You have failed to tell me anything new other than you are in favour of torture. Other than suggesting that there are others under your command. So it seems that you have to believe one thing while hypocritically instructing those under your command to do the opposite? Is that correct? And btw, are you in the Canadian military or the US military.

Be aware that if you are part of the Canadian military some of the things you say could be used againt you. Just so you understand that you need to stay above board on this because if I can use you as a public example elsewhere I will do just that. I would assume that you would consider that fair play. That doesn't mean you personally but you as a person in the military who is claiming to be in a position of authority and who publicly supports torture of prisoners.

Edited by UShaditComing

You have failed to tell me anything new other than you are in favour of torture. . That doesn't mean you personally but you as a person in the military who is claiming to be in a position of authority and who publicly supports torture of prisoners.

Basic reading comprehension a tad too tough?

Yes i did quote the party line, and said that water boarding is torture and as a nation, we should not be involved in such activity.

Strange logic you are relying on! Isn't it you who is excusing US aggression? Isn't it you who is expecting the trod upon people of the ME to just keep turning the other cheek?

You are right that they are 'extra-legal' groups who don't play by the rules of warfare though. And the rules are expressly formulated to prevent that sort of warfare. But neither did French freedom fighters play by the rules during WW2 and few would condemn them for that. Neither would Canadians play by the rules if our country was occupied by a foreign army. We would fight on our own territory and even take the fight to the enemy's own territory even though we would be shot dead if caught doing so.

All this is quite elementary and all that is left is to determine in our own minds whether or not the US was guilty of acts of aggression against the terrorists (freedom fighters) who struck back. I believe that it's obvious that the 9.11 attacks were revenge attacks and it's really stretching credibility to try to say otherwise even though there has been a huge propaganda effort by the US to do just that. The world simply doesn't buy it.

Problem is Al Quaeda's country hasn't been occupied by the US. Al Quaeda has no country or at best it can claim Saudia Arabia as it's country and the Saudi government invited the US to keep bases there. There is no occupation.

It is laughable that you suggest terrrorists are 'freedom fighters.' The specifically state that the oppose both democracy and freedom which they characterize as 'Un-Islamic."

The Left is wilfully deluded into comparing blood thirsty murderers to 'freedom fighters.' The French Resistance WAS fighting for freedom and they WERE fighting a occupier.

Problem is Al Quaeda's country hasn't been occupied by the US. Al Quaeda has no country or at best it can claim Saudia Arabia as it's country and the Saudi government invited the US to keep bases there. There is no occupation.

It is laughable that you suggest terrrorists are 'freedom fighters.' The specifically state that the oppose both democracy and freedom which they characterize as 'Un-Islamic."

The Left is wilfully deluded into comparing blood thirsty murderers to 'freedom fighters.' The French Resistance WAS fighting for freedom and they WERE fighting a occupier.

You have done no more than make it clear on which side your loyalty stands. But you do make reference to the Saudi government which is quite shameful in itself because you should know that the Saudi monarchy is the government and it is equivalent to a corrupt and cruel dictatorship. Much worse than the dictatorships the US condemns. Hugo would be a good comparion of a country's leader who is condemned by the US yet has been elected by a 2/3's majority of the people.

Freedom fighters are by nature and by necessity, blood thirsty murderers. I'll give you that the right has never been mistaken on that fact but neither have I. We need to now get back to the main issue and that is whether or not the US had it coming because Osama's actions were revenge for the people of the Muslim persuasion in the ME countries in which the US has been meddling and in which the British empire meddled and murdered before them.

This is pretty easy stuff pal!