If thre were elections tomorrow who would you tote for?

Who would you vote for?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Conservative. They get in, the Libs and NDP get to dump their leaders and perhaps elect people worth voting for. :rolleyes:

I hope we have an election soon. So we can get Dion outta there and get in someone we can all relate to. I cannot relate to this man, I cannot understand 80% of what he says!

I will vote NDP this time because I know they don't have a hope in hell of winning and I want the conservatives to have another minority.

IMO, I like our country running with a minority. That way there are more representatives for the populace and everybody's voice gets heard.

That being said, I also don't like that there can be an election at the drop of a hat... on the same token, I don't want someone for four long years if they are doing a terrible job.

Yah can't win I tell yah!

I hope we have an election soon. So we can get Dion outta there and get in someone we can all relate to. I cannot relate to this man, I cannot understand 80% of what he says!

I will vote NDP this time because I know they don't have a hope in hell of winning and I want the conservatives to have another minority.

IMO, I like our country running with a minority. That way there are more representatives for the populace and everybody's voice gets heard.

That being said, I also don't like that there can be an election at the drop of a hat... on the same token, I don't want someone for four long years if they are doing a terrible job.

Yah can't win I tell yah!

I do like elections at a drop of the that. Can't get enough. I enjoy them. This is a good year. municipal elections were close. Great primary races in the USA, a provincial election next month and probably one federally this year. Election night coverage of any type beats the Stanley Cup finals for me.

Easy to say that now. But remember, it was gonna be Bob "bankrupt-Ontario" Rae or Michael "torture-and-illegal-wars-are-okay-once-in-a-while" Ignatieff. Both divisive figures amongst the LPC base.

Personally I don't think Dion's problem is his accent. Remember Chretien wasn't always coherent either, but he was liked amongst Liberals and independents.

IMO Dion's problem is that he's not tough enough for politics. I used to think that getting sucker punched a few times with all the negative ads will straighten him out, but now I think he is simply principled to a fault. Instead of emailing me (IOW his base) complaining about the CPC all the time, he needs to take the gloves off and try to convince the nation that Harper's no good.

It's not me he needs to convince...... but nooooooooooooo, he doesn't play dirty like that. Whatever. He'll be forced out soon, one thing Liberal MPs don't like to do is lose.... they haven't had as much practice at it as the Cons I guess. :o

Edited by BC_chick

Like was said earlier, I couldn't vote for the Liberals and Dion if you paid me. He may in fact be saying some things that would sway me, but I can't understand him worth a damn. How can a french guy lead an English country? Amazing that it has happened so often.

I hate the fact that I have to vote Conservative in order to keep the morons out of office, but that is all the choice there is.

Except maybe the Western Block Party. A good Block Party can be great, as long as the beer's cold.

Definitely Conservative for me. Best federal government we have had in years.

I agree. I haven't voted PC since the late 80s. I still may vote liberal because of my ridings MP and because I think the minority governement has made the conservatives a better government.

On the otherhand, I may vote conservative.

I'll vote Liberals if they have any realistic chance of winning in my riding. I didn't last time, but I'll have to do it, to stop sneaky bunch from getting the power. My preference of the outcome:

#1 Liberal minority (to start ahead with sensible policies on the environment, social developments, economy, working with NDP and Bloc on the social agenda, conservatives and the Bloc on economy, while keeping in check their oldtime arrogance);

#2 Status quo (there aren't many sensible policies Harper is genuinly interested in pursuing - e.g. forget the environment, they're dragging their feet behind most provinces - but at least their socially conservative agenda, like death penalty pranks, can be kept in check. While Harper's bunch is at the wheel, they shouldn't ever get near a majority).

My preference of the outcome:

#1 Liberal minority (to start ahead with sensible policies on the environment, social developments, economy, working with NDP and Bloc on the social agenda, conservatives and the Bloc on economy, while keeping in check their oldtime arrogance);

What you would get is plenty of "social agenda" (ie, more government spending) but no fear of anything that might be called "conservative".

What you would get is plenty of "social agenda" (ie, more government spending) but no fear of anything that might be called "conservative".

If we're talking about blowing billions on Afghanistan, or reasonable social policies like universal daycare, crime prevention, education, I'll pick #2 anytime.

I do like elections at a drop of the that. Can't get enough. I enjoy them. This is a good year. municipal elections were close. Great primary races in the USA, a provincial election next month and probably one federally this year. Election night coverage of any type beats the Stanley Cup finals for me.

This gets my vote.

Bring it on, over and over and over again.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to run myself as an idependant. It's my civic responsibility; it would NOT be something I would want to do, but it would be immoral for me to vote for someone who I didn't agree with at least 95%.

The problem is, the is no party that shares my views on things.

I'm pro-war like the Conservatives, but I'm anti-privatisation, anti-free trade, and socially rather liberal.

And there is no party, to my knowledge, that actively campaigns for a real "tough justice" solution: re-introduction of capital punishment, mandatry life without parole sentences for murder, mandatory life sentences for gun crimes, and charging more youth as adults.

If you can stab or shoot or strangle like a man, you should be able to hang for it like a man

The problem is, in our political system, not only can you win a seat with only like 30% of the vote, if you get one less vote than the winning candidate, all the votes you got are worth dust.

It's hard to have faith in a political system that was drawn up when it took weeks to traverse the country in a locomotive.

It is simply incompatable with democratic ideals to have a system like our in which it is impossible to all but four parties to gain any seats, and most votes placed in the ballot box mean diddly squat.