The Problem With Christmas

Canapathy

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely!!

You coud get really drunk at a Christmas party,get "busy" with some chick,fail to "skydive with a parachute",and,get a suprise of a lifetime 9 months later!!!

I have a medical condition that makes my condition worse if I drink

Plus I was never big on alcohol to begin with

Plus I don't celebrate holidays

or have sex

I'm boring

I watch hockey and argue on this forum

Edited by olp1fan

I have a medical condition that makes my condition worse if I drink

Plus I was never big on alcohol to begin with

Plus I don't celebrate holidays

or have sex

I'm boring

I watch hockey and argue on this forum

What are you???

A monk or a eunuch???

Edited by Jack Weber

I used to be a grinch about xmas. But then I had kids and all of a sudden I believe in Santa Claus too. I know children have voracious appetites for fun and to be honest, watching them grow in anticipation is a gas.

This morning we had the first snow and my daughter say to her brother, Maccaluim Ruadh ...look snow! Santa will be here soon!!!! And both laughed and danced till I yelled at them to stop their bleeding capering and go brush their teeth before I smacked their backsides.

God I love them.

I concur. And my daughter is only 20 months, but I can see it coming. It's the first year I ever decorated and put up lights too. But since she's too young to know any better I'm filling her stocking with all the things I need... for her anyway.

As for the consumerism of Christmas - I do the same thing EVERY year... I say I'm not going to buy any gifts and then I break down somewhere between the 15th and the 20th and end up scrambling.

Edited by BC_chick

Guest American Woman

I concur. And my daughter is only 20 months....

Awwww. 20 months is such a fun, cute age - they are coming into their own personality more every day and so aware of everything around them. Will be a fun Christmas for you for sure! Enjoy. :)

Awwww. 20 months is such a fun, cute age - they are coming into their own personality more every day and so aware of everything around them. Will be a fun Christmas for you for sure! Enjoy. :)

Thanks AW, I know. I can't believe how much she communicates now, answering questions and understanding everything I say. I looked at videos of last Christmas earlier tonight and I shed a tear at how much she's grown.

It certainly is going to be a great Christmas. :)

What are you???

A monk or a eunuch???

Again, folks, not cool. You're talking to another person here. If this is how olp1fan chooses to live or has to live, how do you think calling him/her (I'm not sure olp1fan's gender) a monk or a eunuch makes him/her feel? These kind of comments can make a person feel crazy or abnormal, isolated and alone.

Guest American Woman

Again, folks, not cool. You're talking to another person here. If this is how olp1fan chooses to live or has to live, how do you think calling him/her (I'm not sure olp1fan's gender) a monk or a eunuch makes him/her feel?

Ohhh, ohhhh! *raises hand* Pick me! Pick me!

Perhaps it makes him feel the same way others feel when he directs the same type of comment towards them. Ya think? :P

These kind of comments can make a person feel crazy or abnormal, isolated and alone.

I would hope to God that no one takes anonymous comments on a web board so seriously, much less to that ultimate extreme - especially when one is happily living the lifestyle they feel is "awesome." You seriously think anonymous comments on a web board are going to change his outlook from "awesome" to "abnormal, isolated, and alone?" :huh: